Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 11-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Sangress

Random Elemental Afternoon

This is by far the weirdest two experiences I've had involving trees and possibly elemental's, yet.

At the risk of sounding even more like a nutcase than I'd like to admit, I'll tell this in as much detail as I can.

Ok, so here I was walking home (its a long trek) and I was bored out of my wits and got tired of predicting what colour car was going to drive past next (getting pretty good at that lately. heh) and I was exhausted because I've been physically ill recently, still not 100%.

So, I put my hand on a gum tree and asked it if I could have some of its energy....and for once it ignored me. Tree's NEVER ignore me...so of course I'm going to be annoying and poke around inside it until it gives in (because I am so nice when I am sick and tired.)

I felt the tree react, the flash of deep resonant energy that sort of rushed around me and the trunk and vibrated through the ground, like some huge animal growling. But it didn't give in.

So, here I am leaning on this tree, exhausted and quickly becoming frustrated. "C'mon," I directed the thought at the tree because I didn't feel like talking aloud since that was too much effort. "Give me your strength!" and then on some random whim I added, "Give me the strength of the earth!"

Next thing I know I feel this surge of energy and all these leaves fall down and smack me in the face and scare the living cr*p out of me so that I jump in surprise (yes, I do have an over-reactive startle response,) automatically tear the leaves off my face and then stumble over a root sticking out of the ground and fall backward.

So, here I am, on the ground, clutching a bunch of leaves in one hand and the side of my face is pressed to the ground. And I feel this movement under the ground, a literal movement, and my entire body is just shaking as this intrusive thought rattles into my head.

"Take the leaves with water and take strength from the earth and do not challenge me again for I've given you my all."

Then I can finally move, I get to my feet, brush all the dirt off me and continue on my way as if it had never happened . . . .ok, maybe I did swear at the tree and run a fair way from it....but I wasn't scared *cough.*

I remember looking at the leaves in my hand while I walked and thinking "so, a tree or the earth or something just ordered me to shove these eucalyptus leaves in a drink of tea, let them steep, and then drink it? I must be mad." So, taking my chances I put the leaves in my bag in the hope I'd forget about them later.

At this point, I find it ironic to think that from an outside perspective I must've looked like some punk @ss kid resting against a tree to catch my breath, and then freaking out over being attacked by leaves, and then tripping over and falling on my face, and then swearing and storming off.

Embarrassing? Yes!

But to be honest I didn't care because no one saw me at the time.

Now you think that's the end of my story?

No, there's more.

See, on my way back I came across a paperbark tree, and I couldn't stop looking at it for some reason. It was the weirdest feeling ever, I was just glaring at it like it'd grown three heads or something.

Now, since I always go with my instincts, I approached this tree, put my hand on it and...then I blurted something out of nowhere.

I asked no one in particular, out loud, "Why is there a sylph in this tree?"

I had NO idea what-so-ever what a sylph was...so I really confused myself with that one and blinked a few times then continued on my way.

All the way home I swore I could sense someone watching me, and maybe someone was...or maybe I was being paranoid...I have no idea.

Somehow, I forgot all of this had happened for a few hours.

And now, a day later, I wake up to find the leaves out of my bag (which I dumped on the floor and haven't touched for about 22 hours) and strewn across the floor and I remember again.

Now I've just gone to the computer and googled sylph and found out they are apparently spirits of the element air.

I'm debating whether to buy into this extremely weird experience and make my eucalyptus leaf tea (which I also googled and made sure was not poisonous) and also to go visit the Sylph in the tree...again.

Decisions, decisions.

If any of you are crazy enough to believe me, what do you think I should do?

*Feels even crazier after writing this*
Old 11-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Master
Wow that's an amazing story :) I believe you ... I think you should go back and visit the sylph tree and meditate there for a while .

As for the Eucalyptus tree , I can just imagine those leaves falling onto you they hurt . We have one in the back garden . I might just pop outside and give it a hug x

Not sure about the tea LOL x

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:02 PM
iolite

I believe you...I don't think you're crazy, rude to the first tree maybe, but not crazy. Perhaps when you're feeling better, you should go back to the tree and thank it for the leaves and maybe apologize for being impolite. I would also make a visit to the paper bark tree and be cordial to the tree spirit. It is not a good idea to tick off an elemental.

Eucalyptus is good for clearing sinuses. http://www.grandmas-wisdom.com/eucalyptus-tea.html
Old 11-03-2011, 10:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
I believe you...I don't think you're crazy, rude to the first tree maybe, but not crazy. Perhaps when you're feeling better, you should go back to the tree and thank it for the leaves and maybe apologize for being impolite. I would also make a visit to the paper bark tree and be cordial to the tree spirit. It is not a good idea to tick off an elemental.

Eucalyptus is good for clearing sinuses. http://www.grandmas-wisdom.com/eucalyptus-tea.html
Really lol that's what I'm suffering from now x

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:10 PM
Sangress

Thanks for the quick replies.

Sinus medicine eh? Interesting.

I'm still sorting out the experience, its very odd, even for me.

Weird thing is that I don't think that "voice" when I was on the ground was the tree. I talk to trees all the time, and no tree is like that, and that eucalyptus was young, no more than 60 years old I would think and only old trees have any kind of fight in them.

I mean, that voice from the ground was so big. The tree was like a butterfly fluttering in comparison to that. It scared the life out of me, and that NEVER happens to me.

Could it have been the earth?

Sounds arrogant for me to think the actual earth, mother nature, spoke to me....nope, sounds too far fetched.

As if the earth would care for a person anyway? We're running rampant all over it, no one respects it at all.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:37 PM
dhaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
As if the earth would care for a person anyway? We're running rampant all over it, no one respects it at all.

Some of us do. And she knows.

:)
Old 11-03-2011, 11:57 PM
Sangress

Eh, well, as long as I don't become some magickal savior of Mother Earth and her spirit minions, I will be fine with as much as I've been given. Lol.

I'm going to visit both trees, have a word with them, and drink my tea.

And assume that is the end of that.....unless something else happens, in which case I'll be a bit mortified.

Anyone got any ideas as to how to talk to this sylph spirit thing? There isn't much direct information about them around, they seem to keep to themselves a lot and I am pretty sure the one I found was hiding in the tree. So, I think it'll be a little difficult not to offend it, or her (apparently people say sylphs are she's.)
Old 11-03-2011, 11:58 PM
nightowl

sangress,
I find it interesting that you encountered sylph, sounds like a gift from Air has come your way and you were just wondering what crystal was connected with the Air Element...hmmmm I find that interesting, don't you?

Cool stuff....

nightowl
Old 11-03-2011, 11:59 PM
dhaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
Anyone got any ideas as to how to talk to this sylph spirit thing? There isn't much direct information about them around, they seem to keep to themselves a lot.

I suggest meditating near her tree. Send out what you wish to say to the tree, and she will hear. She may or may not respond, but be assured she can hear you.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:01 AM
Sangress

Quote:
I suggest meditating near her tree. Send out what you wish to say to the tree, and she will hear. She may or may not respond, but be assured she can hear you.

I dont know what I'm meant to say.

"Hi, erm...I dont know what you are buuut...hiiii!" *jumps around like an excited puppy*

That wont go down too well . . .or will it? Lol.

Quote:
I find it interesting that you encountered sylph, sounds like a gift from Air has come your way and you were just wondering what crystal was connected with the Air Element...hmmmm I find that interesting, don't you?

Yeh, interesting.

Seems I got a little more than I bargained for with that one.

Lets get a crystal.....or just the embodiment of air and wind...nothing amazing or anything. O_o

Maybe the wind is stalking me...lol.