Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 03-03-2011, 11:52 PM
Sky_lite

Do the Fae like Apples?

I decided I'd snag a apple from my school,go home,just put it in my backyard and see how it goes.I know Fae don't physically eat the apple,they eat the essence.Although I would love to find out there favorite treats.Anyone mind telling me what they are for specific race. Thanks ^-^ oh yeah here's the pic I took around the apple.I'm still just trying to get the hang of this seeing.But tell me if you see any of the wee folk.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:57 PM
Animus27

Traditional offerings to the Fair Folk are cream, butter, milk, honey or bread. Many people find that they also like sweets.

Many of the offerings tend to be dairy products, because they were notorious for spoiling milk and making livestock sick if they weren't given their dues, thus in Ireland and Scotland they'd pour the first milk from the cows to placate the fairies, and avert their ire.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:07 AM
Uhmar

I also would have sliced the apple up for them or little cubes

I also say cheese and pieces of cake and sweets
and I see several fae in the upper portion fo the pic and two to teh very right side.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:27 AM
Sky_lite

Okay so I'll go and cut that up tomorrow (I fear going outside at night because North Carolina has many many many Copperhead Snakes that come out more the warmer it gets.) And there are some stray cats in the neighborhood so they might snatch up and food that they can eat/bite.But yeah I'll stick out some Dairy Treats and what not.Would it be better to stick it on a plate or just the ground will do.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:09 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_lite
Okay so I'll go and cut that up tomorrow (I fear going outside at night because North Carolina has many many many Copperhead Snakes that come out more the warmer it gets.) And there are some stray cats in the neighborhood so they might snatch up and food that they can eat/bite.But yeah I'll stick out some Dairy Treats and what not.Would it be better to stick it on a plate or just the ground will do.
Whichever you think is best. Usually land-spirits don't care one way or the other. But some like to have their stuff on plates, or something special. Go with your intuition.

Edit: I am in North Carolina too! Hiya neighbor
Old 04-03-2011, 03:07 AM
Sky_lite

Oh cool,which part?
I live in Charlotte
Old 04-03-2011, 03:12 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_lite
Oh cool,which part?
I live in Charlotte
About 2 hours away from Charlotte. Nice to see another Tar Heeler on here
Old 04-03-2011, 08:34 AM
pictoriale1

Hi Sky-lite I have taken the liberty to crop your photo the show you what the little nature spirits down at ground level may appear like in your photographs.

I have sharpened up your image and red arrowed just a few of the faces for you to see, but there are many others.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:32 PM
Sky_lite

Thank you Pictoriale!!! ^-^ Now I will try and practice seeing them with this photo.I also set out a bowl of milk today.I told my mom it was for the cats I don't think I'll get any cheese though.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Sangress

Why don't you just ask the nature spirits/fae what they like to eat?