Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 20-06-2017, 07:06 PM
Deactivated Account
Need urgent help to master lucid dreaming

It's really important to me. Since there are no other worlds/realms besides this Earth to visit, my only way of escaping this dull and sick world is by lucid dreaming. However, I don't know how to learn it as I already tried the most common methods such as reality checks and dream journals (though I often remember my dreams well enough without needing a dream journal).

Also, last night I watched dozens of subliminal booster videos and even went as far as to humiliate myself by forcing myself into listening to peaceful heavenly music before falling asleep which I was told will give lucid dreams, but it was to no avail. If anything, all this useless stuff I attempted last night rather completely wrecked me since I was unable to sleep for pretty much the entire night at all. Heck, I can probably sleep much better after listening to Amon Amarth or Immortal.

So are there any methods I left out that are guaranteed success, and/or is there anything I may be doing wrong? Any help will be appreciated.
Old 24-06-2017, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator
Unfortunately the more we try to force and control things the less likely they will happen. A sure fire way to keep us up at night is to insist on having an experience. These things need openness for them to blossom. So maybe try and let go of need and expectations. Ask for what you want but then let it go. try to find that space of letting it happen as opposed to trying to make it happen. Best of luck.
Old 24-06-2017, 04:06 PM
Newbie ;)

I am researching Ayahuasca tea right now for the very reason lol. Not to be used on a regular basis however!

I have been told you can remember your past lives...
Old 25-06-2017, 08:05 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Heck, I can probably sleep much better after listening to Amon Amarth or Immortal.

Iv just googled for the fist group, and by the looks, i would say heavy metal or other growling expression type of music.

And you surely do not want to listen to it and go to sleep. Well at least i would not want to.
... because of an experience, of which i do not want to write about.

The rule, which i'm following now is: If music, then with no singing. Chanting/Mantras/Hypnosis/Meditation music is ok. But no other.

Quote:
If anything, all this useless stuff I attempted last night rather completely wrecked me since I was unable to sleep for pretty much the entire night at all.

The rule of the Thumb here should be: "One thing at the Time".

What michele said, is right - you can not force it.
If you have attained the 'multitasking' thoughts for yourself, forget them. This brings only confusion and is not helpful at all.

Before sleeping choose ONE lucid hypnosis or meditation session, then fall asleep.
Throughout the day, reality checks are ok and necessary (as you break whatever you are doing to do the checks).
And One short (30 mins?) meditation at the noon time.

You should be in bed,sleeping for at least 8 hours. so plan ahead.

If it doesn't work the first time, keep trying. After 4~5 days of no success, stop for 2~3 days and sleep normaly (no music at all)
Then continue to listen to the meditation music.

But always do the reality checks.

Quote:
my only way of escaping this dull and sick world

There are certain dream killers, and this view of the world is one of them.
These are not even your thoughts. But if you go with them, you will think that they are.

Try to change your view on the world. (Change the thoughts about the world)

Good luck
Old 25-06-2017, 08:05 AM
Deactivated Account
... double post

going to use this to explain what i meant with dream killer:

What i meant with it that you wont be able to recall your dreams - as if you haven't had dreams at all.

Last edited by Dan_SF : 25-06-2017 at 09:09 AM.
Old 25-06-2017, 12:44 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
Unfortunately the more we try to force and control things the less likely they will happen. A sure fire way to keep us up at night is to insist on having an experience. These things need openness for them to blossom. So maybe try and let go of need and expectations. Ask for what you want but then let it go. try to find that space of letting it happen as opposed to trying to make it happen. Best of luck.

I already forgot about lucid dreaming for a whole year, it's only recently that my mind became occupied with it again. To be honest I didn't even have any expectations, yet however I cannot deny that it utterly disappointed me that anything I've tried didn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAwakening
I am researching Ayahuasca tea right now for the very reason lol. Not to be used on a regular basis however!

I have been told you can remember your past lives...

Sorry I don't get what you mean. Who told you that?
Old 25-06-2017, 01:21 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_SF
Iv just googled for the fist group, and by the looks, i would say heavy metal or other growling expression type of music.

And you surely do not want to listen to it and go to sleep. Well at least i would not want to.
... because of an experience, of which i do not want to write about.

The rule, which i'm following now is: If music, then with no singing. Chanting/Mantras/Hypnosis/Meditation music is ok. But no other.

To correct you the first group are both melodic death metal and viking metal. I've listened many times to it before going to sleep and nothing bad happened at all (like what stuff was even supposed to happen?).

Quote:
The rule of the Thumb here should be: "One thing at the Time".

What michele said, is right - you can not force it.
If you have attained the 'multitasking' thoughts for yourself, forget them. This brings only confusion and is not helpful at all.

Before sleeping choose ONE lucid hypnosis or meditation session, then fall asleep.
Throughout the day, reality checks are ok and necessary (as you break whatever you are doing to do the checks).
And One short (30 mins?) meditation at the noon time.

You should be in bed,sleeping for at least 8 hours. so plan ahead.

If it doesn't work the first time, keep trying. After 4~5 days of no success, stop for 2~3 days and sleep normaly (no music at all)
Then continue to listen to the meditation music.

But always do the reality checks.

I'll keep doing reality checks but I don't think meditation is going to be useful because I already tried it several times. But if it's really that necessary then I'll think about trying it again. Another problem is that I am a short sleeper so I generally only sleep 3 to 6 hours on a daily base.

Quote:
There are certain dream killers, and this view of the world is one of them.
These are not even your thoughts. But if you go with them, you will think that they are.

Try to change your view on the world. (Change the thoughts about the world)

Good luck

I think they really are my thoughts because that's the way I experience life. But who/what decided that this are dreamkillers? I've never read anywhere that in order to master lucid dreaming you have to be happy and optimistic.
Old 26-06-2017, 10:49 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
... double post

going to use this to explain what i meant with dream killer:

What i meant with it that you wont be able to recall your dreams - as if you haven't had dreams at all.

Dreamkillers are one thing I don't need to worry much about because pretty much nine times out of ten I remember my dreams. I guss the few ones I don't remember aren't even worth it for some reason.
Old 27-06-2017, 12:32 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
I already forgot about lucid dreaming for a whole year, it's only recently that my mind became occupied with it again. To be honest I didn't even have any expectations, yet however I cannot deny that it utterly disappointed me that anything I've tried didn't work.
You forced yourself to listen to music that aggravates you in an effort to make it happen. Regardless how much previous time you have spent thinking about it, that night you were pushing the attempt and that is why you were up all night. It can't be forced.
Old 27-06-2017, 05:01 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
(like what stuff was even supposed to happen?).

... or what is not supposed to happen.

I'm here to help, not to debate, nor to be right.

You can disregard my advice, so I'll just wait until you report the successful lucid dream.

God bless you.