Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 20-08-2017, 08:13 PM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Hey, PM. Ahhh, okay.. interesting. Now do you feel this works better for you as an experienced/professional reader? Even the fading of the color? As I can see the left has warmed tones, almost gives it a softer tone.
Faces are alot crisp/clearer, does that alter make a huge difference for you or just slight? Just curious! I still have yet to own a rider, shame shame

Haha I'm quite the pedant when it comes to facial expressions in the cards.The thickened lines of the USG deck is too much (that's the widely available deck in the navy box), it's hard to read the direction of gaze etc.
In The Empress cards the colours in the USG deck make it difficult to see the ears of wheat in front of the Empress and the river in the background is obscured. In the A.E.Waite deck the stand out more.

Details in Death card are better emphasised too like the people on the river bank (black blobs in the USG deck). It's the small details that often draw the eye and help you hone in on the message.

Professionally it makes a big difference, in every day one card draws for myself, not so much, as I tend to take the essence of the card meaning. If I need details and depth for self readings I use other decks I have for those specific readings.
Overall tho the new deck shows how much detail has been lost from Pixie's original artwork over the decades which is probably why so many people find the deck 'ugly'.

I'm becoming quite a RWS fan, it's only taken me since 1998 to appreciate it
Old 21-08-2017, 10:45 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
Haha I'm quite the pedant when it comes to facial expressions in the cards.The thickened lines of the USG deck is too much (that's the widely available deck in the navy box), it's hard to read the direction of gaze etc.
In The Empress cards the colours in the USG deck make it difficult to see the ears of wheat in front of the Empress and the river in the background is obscured. In the A.E.Waite deck the stand out more.

Details in Death card are better emphasised too like the people on the river bank (black blobs in the USG deck). It's the small details that often draw the eye and help you hone in on the message.

Professionally it makes a big difference, in every day one card draws for myself, not so much, as I tend to take the essence of the card meaning. If I need details and depth for self readings I use other decks I have for those specific readings.
Overall tho the new deck shows how much detail has been lost from Pixie's original artwork over the decades which is probably why so many people find the deck 'ugly'.

I'm becoming quite a RWS fan, it's only taken me since 1998 to appreciate it

That is so interesting. When you first posted,I was being drawn to the colors, I gravitated to the darker warmer tones, however I get what your saying now. The empress's face has a deeper stare, does look more human than the other. I suppose that adds value to an tarot enthusiast too I am sure.I barely getting my feet wet heehee and The RWS is just an ugly deck to me but I'll be getting the centennial soon, slowly work my way in appreciating rider because it is a good robust anchor of study. Unfortunately, I tend to get alluded to the other creative/themed decks.
Thanks for sharing
Old 26-08-2017, 04:33 PM
55Degrees

Oops, I have no idea how this happened......

My finger must have slipped on the buy button
Old 26-08-2017, 06:52 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Oops, I have no idea how this happened......

My finger must have slipped on the buy button

Aww, I like the girl, that is a nice 3 swords...looks almost like she is saying, "this is what you did to me/I am hurting".. could be open to various interp...

Very cool cards!

Instead of buying cards, I had to spend my extra cash on actually grooming myself I gotta keep the tarot purchasing urge on check or else I'll start looking pretty jacked up heehee
Old 26-08-2017, 07:16 PM
55Degrees

@Clover

Thanks to my, ahem, wilder youth, no amount of money could stop me looking that way so I may as well spend it on cards..

Something about this deck's images triggered something in me, I'm hoping to use it through the darker part if the year (squeals excitedly that it's almost autumn)

I'm awaiting the arrival of something pretty special in addition to this deck, all will be revealed when I have it in my hot little hands.
Old 27-08-2017, 11:42 AM
Deactivated Account

^ Haha, good luck and have fun. Don't forget to share the images

No new decks for me, although the buy button is never too out of reach. Don't temp me members
Old 27-08-2017, 12:33 PM
Pathfinder

Tarot
The Goddess Tarot
The Golden Tarot - I don't use it as much as my Goddess tarot but the artwork is gorgeous and it's not a giant step away from RW, so if you're accustomed to RW but want a refreshing change, check it out.

Oracle
Animal Medicine Cards
Old 27-08-2017, 12:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Wow, that's a really powerful 3 of swords. One of those "seeing that image is going to change the way I see that card even in my RWS deck now..." moments.
Old 27-08-2017, 04:54 PM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily
Wow, that's a really powerful 3 of swords. One of those "seeing that image is going to change the way I see that card even in my RWS deck now..." moments.

Yeah, it basically says, it may be a painful situation, but who is making it so?
The deck is very RWS based, however, it's extremely thought provoking, making you ask deep questions of yourself (and you know how much I luvs me some shadow work)
Old 27-08-2017, 10:08 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Yeah, it basically says, it may be a painful situation, but who is making it so?

Interesting you say that. I keep being drawn to her forearms/elbows, they appear to be maybe wrapped up? Wondering if she is a 'cutter'. So in essence, someone who self inflicts pain. As if the knife to center self doesn't show it enough, hehe. Interesting card no doubt.