Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 18-08-2017, 08:12 PM
Guide

Very odd meditation

I saw a baby floating past me like a bee would fly if that makes sense. Not flying past like a bird would. It was so strange yet I said out loud during the meditation 'oh I can fly.' I've had some of the oddest dreams in my time (I guess we all have) but this wasn't a dream. I was fully aware and awake whilst meditating.

Can anyone make sense of this for me? I'm intrigued at myself saying I can fly and why it's a baby and not me as I am now if it's representing myself.
Old 18-08-2017, 08:59 PM
Master

The baby may represent some aspect of yourself or some quality within you.

So what does a baby mean for you? Does a baby symbolise innocence? Or openness? Does it represent a time in your life when everything was comfortable and you were completely looked after?

Does flying symbolise being free from limitation, or not being trapped by the dense physical body?

So does a floating baby symbolise a part of you which is pure and innocent and untouched by the world?

Or it could all be just one of the strange and apparently meaningless images which appear in the hypnagogic state.

Peace.
Old 18-08-2017, 10:34 PM
Master

in some way meditating is like being a baby... in that you have to learn things anew without necessarily being able to be told.

Anyway, out of the east we have that various masters negotiated their meditations into various physical things, one of them being 'levitation'.

your 'bee' flying past all has meaning to me because I was told noone knows how bees fly... and I sense that is kind of what you felt about this dream :)
Old 19-08-2017, 05:35 AM
Guide
This was nt meditation, this was imagry which arised during mditation and took your mind away from meditation.

It was pleasant imagrybut in meditation there must be your entire concentrartion & attention shall be on your technique.

Buddha Bless You.
Old 25-08-2017, 03:15 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly
I saw a baby floating past me like a bee would fly if that makes sense. Not flying past like a bird would. It was so strange yet I said out loud during the meditation 'oh I can fly.' I've had some of the oddest dreams in my time (I guess we all have) but this wasn't a dream. I was fully aware and awake whilst meditating.

Can anyone make sense of this for me? I'm intrigued at myself saying I can fly and why it's a baby and not me as I am now if it's representing myself.

This may take investigation to find out, and it is not necessarly meaningful in a significant way. That is, not necessarly useful. The process of investigation is useful though. Discern well.

Also as mentioned above "this is not meditation". Be careful not to confuse practices and planes. But you may investigate separately. Again, focusing on the process. Don't expect anything special. Though you may find things that are special... and others that are not. Everything is true, but not everything is useful.