Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 08-11-2019, 04:37 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
What? Someone did what I suggested?
Ok, I'm not going to say anything...read from the beginning and wait.
Oh, I'm a very good girl
hey, I'm a bookworm, and proud of it
Quote:
It might be the most highlighted book I have, (The Disappearance of the Universe)... that
and Joel S. Goldsmith's, "Practicing the Presence"... the book I 'thought' I would take to that deserted island.

Joel S. Goldsmith's, "Practicing the Presence" - I've already started reading this book...i'll keep you updated.

Thanks for the book recco
Old 08-11-2019, 04:39 AM
Knower
Talks with Sri Ramana Maharshi.
3rd October, 1935, Talk 80.

A very devoted and simple disciple had lost his only son, a child of three years. The next day he arrived at the Asramam with his family. The Master spoke with reference to them: “Training of mind helps one to bear sorrows and bereavements with courage. But the loss of one’s offspring is said to be the worst of all griefs. Grief exists only so long as one considers oneself to be of a definite form. If the form is transcended one will know that the one Self is eternal. There is no death nor birth. That which is born is only the body. The body is the creation of the ego. But the ego is not ordinarily perceived without the body. It is always identified with the body. It is the thought which matters. Let the sensible man consider if he knew his body in deep sleep. Why does he feel it in the waking state? But, although the body was not felt in sleep, did not the Self exist then? How was he in deep sleep? How is he when awake? What is the difference? Ego rises up and that is waking. Simultaneously thoughts arise. Let him find out to whom are the thoughts. Wherefrom do they arise? They must spring up from the conscious Self. Apprehending it even vaguely helps the extinction of the ego. Thereafter the realization of the one Infinite Existence becomes possible. In that state, there are no individuals other than the Eternal Existence. Hence there is no thought of death or wailing. “If a man considers he is born he cannot avoid the fear of death. Let him find out if he has been born or if the Self has any birth. He will discover that the Self always exists, that the body which is born resolves itself into thought and that the emergence of thought is the root of all mischief. Find wherefrom thoughts emerge. Then you will abide in the ever-present inmost Self and be free from the idea of birth or the fear of death.
Old 08-11-2019, 05:50 AM
Master
Quote:
And thus, the book I love so much:"The Disappearance of the Universe" by Gary Renard.
I could take it as my only book to an isolated island.

Just bought the ebook ...

Old 08-11-2019, 01:33 PM
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Just bought the ebook ...
What? This can't be true! 2 people? Gary's humor takes a while to get, now I love 'im.

This seems hard: "Find wherefrom thoughts emerge." -Ramana
It's like a mental homework.

Have you 2 ever done that?
I used to practice being aware of awareness. Hahahaha --
I got that from: "The Direct Means To Eternal Bliss", Michael Langford
It was so new to my brain it gave me a small headache!! Lol!

I do it in little doses now!
I changed it up: I practice being with That which is looking out of my eyes.
Easier for me, since at 5, 'He' made Himself known to me looking
out ---from behind my eyes.
(And it was no 5 year old's Consciousness! I relate to ''the Observer'', very much.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-11-2019, 02:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara5
Talks with Sri Ramana Maharshi.
3rd October, 1935, Talk 80.

A very devoted and simple disciple had lost his only son, a child of three years. The next day he arrived at the Asramam with his family. The Master spoke with reference to them: “Training of mind helps one to bear sorrows and bereavements with courage. But the loss of one’s offspring is said to be the worst of all griefs. Grief exists only so long as one considers oneself to be of a definite form. If the form is transcended one will know that the one Self is eternal. There is no death nor birth. That which is born is only the body. The body is the creation of the ego. But the ego is not ordinarily perceived without the body. It is always identified with the body. It is the thought which matters. Let the sensible man consider if he knew his body in deep sleep. Why does he feel it in the waking state? But, although the body was not felt in sleep, did not the Self exist then? How was he in deep sleep? How is he when awake? What is the difference? Ego rises up and that is waking. Simultaneously thoughts arise. Let him find out to whom are the thoughts. Wherefrom do they arise? They must spring up from the conscious Self. Apprehending it even vaguely helps the extinction of the ego. Thereafter the realization of the one Infinite Existence becomes possible. In that state, there are no individuals other than the Eternal Existence. Hence there is no thought of death or wailing. “If a man considers he is born he cannot avoid the fear of death. Let him find out if he has been born or if the Self has any birth. He will discover that the Self always exists, that the body which is born resolves itself into thought and that the emergence of thought is the root of all mischief. Find wherefrom thoughts emerge. Then you will abide in the ever-present inmost Self and be free from the idea of birth or the fear of death.

Ramana Maharshi is one of my favorite sages and I love the book "Talks". I recently bought it for a new young friend who is just now exploring spirituality.

"The body is the creation of the ego." Yes. It takes a while to realize that the body is indeed projected thought.

" Let the sensible man consider if he knew his body in deep sleep." Conscious sleep (Mandukya Upanishad) is an excellent practice to "know the body in deep sleep".

"Find wherefrom thoughts emerge." Excellent. When one goes beyond thought and can sustain that for longer and longer continuous periods, one is reluctant to leave that thought-free awareness.

Excellent very meaningful post with lots of hints towards PRACTICE. It's more than just "talks".
Old 09-11-2019, 05:02 AM
Knower
Quote:
What? This can't be true! 2 people? Gary's humor takes a while to get, now I love 'im.
Yes, it is true...trust me

Quote:
I got that from: "The Direct Means To Eternal Bliss", Michael Langford
It was so new to my brain it gave me a small headache!! Lol!

out ---from behind my eyes.
(And it was no 5 year old's Consciousness! I relate to ''the Observer'', very much.)
One more book
Old 09-11-2019, 05:04 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Ramana Maharshi is one of my favorite sages and I love the book "Talks".
Mine as well
Quote:
"The body is the creation of the ego." Yes. It takes a while to realize that the body is indeed projected thought.

" Let the sensible man consider if he knew his body in deep sleep." Conscious sleep (Mandukya Upanishad) is an excellent practice to "know the body in deep sleep".

"Find wherefrom thoughts emerge." Excellent. When one goes beyond thought and can sustain that for longer and longer continuous periods, one is reluctant to leave that thought-free awareness.

Excellent very meaningful post with lots of hints towards PRACTICE. It's more than just "talks".
Thanks
Old 09-11-2019, 05:06 AM
Knower
Be quiet in your mind, quiet in your senses, and also quiet in your body. Then, when all these are quiet, don't do anything. In that state truth will reveal itself to you.

Kabir

The river that flows in you also flows in me.

Kabir
Old 09-11-2019, 06:11 AM
Master

Try to be mindful, and let things take their natural course. Then your mind will become still in any surroundings, like a clear forest pool. All kinds of wonderful, rare animals will come to drink at the pool, and you will clearly see the nature of all things. You will see many strange and wonderful things come and go, but you will be still. This is the happiness of the Buddha. Ajahn Cha.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 09-11-2019, 11:39 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Well, after 12 years of practicing Thought Control...
I can attest to this being true.
I hardly remember the mischief my thoughts used to do!
In Christian speak...'the devil gets tired of playing with a person that he can't bother'.

Just a cute story...I have a gorgeous Ramana book that I pull out on my shelf so I can see his face all the time.
One time I just glanced at his face and suddenly was given another one of my 'moments'...except this
altered state lasted 2 hours of being 'struck' with an awesome realization...my dog even knew, "Um...you're different..."
Whew. I love when that happens.
Wow awesome to hear. Reminds me of a similar story of a disciple of Ramana. He accidentally touched Ramana and he was left in a state of pure bliss for 15 minutes. He was just standing there. when he came to, others had left the room and he was alone :-D