Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 11-11-2015, 07:11 AM
Master
harleyquinn......my condolences for the passing of a loved one......when a person who has had a complicated life such as your ex husband, upon death he may have gone to a healing place, as his soul would have suffered much turmoil during his human life, that maybe why you don't feel his presence yet....in time when he is fully healed he may come to you to give you reassurance that all is well with him. Take heart and know that he will be ok, and that in time you may sense his presence......many blessings to you.......
Old 11-11-2015, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator
Harleyquinn, it is okay about the grief. Those are feelings that have to pass through you. They are part of our experience here. Let them work their way through you in their own way....but keep a "North Star" shining through it all.

You are doing nothing 'wrong'. Those who have passed love it when we send them our love, happiness, joy....but they also cope okay when we send our tears. They understand. Now, they understand the processes of being Human and life experience even better than we do.

But there are so many grades of tears just as there are so many Scandinavian words for snow. Keep love shining.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:48 PM
Seeker
Thank you Tobi - i think i'm learning that grief is not something i will ever totally move through-

i've heard it described as a broken leg that doesn't heal quite right....there will always be a little bit of a limp
Old 11-11-2015, 07:00 PM
Newbie ;)

In my belief, I believe that souls reincarnate in groups. Also, time works differently in the spirit world than in the physical world, I believe. A soul reincarnates, but not necessarily immediately. I imagine there's a period of remaining in the presence of loved ones, and of rest, before going on to the next life. So sorry for your loss. I lost an uncle in August, so this has been on my mind as well.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:22 PM
Seeker
thank you for your reply FindingMyself

I am so sorry for your recent loss :(

i think I need to research more the idea of reincarnating in groups- really it makes sense if the idea is you find the same souls life after life... that can only be done if you are coming back together...
Old 11-11-2015, 08:17 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn
Thank you Tobi - i think i'm learning that grief is not something i will ever totally move through-

i've heard it described as a broken leg that doesn't heal quite right....there will always be a little bit of a limp

For me, I experienced a full healing of the grief/sadness that was generated by the passing of a very important family member. Now there is no more hurting or pain left inside me when I think about this person as well as how they left this world. This took about 10 years to come to fruition... I'm confident that others can experience the same regarding healing themselves of their grief/pain, and that they can reach a state where they will feel at peace with what transpired. So when I see individuals conveying the feeling that they will never completely heal (which is disheartening) - I chime in because I know it's possible and I strongly feel that individuals should try their best to remain open-minded about their ability & potential to heal themselves. The power of belief can be a very strong and influential force. We see this with the placebo effect and with the self-fulfilling prophecy effect. I would imagine if a person keeps affirming to themselves the belief that they will never completely heal, then they may unknowingly influence themselves to experience exactly that outcome. Can you imagine how it would be disempowering to resign yourself to the thought that you will never completely rise above (transcend) the grief/pain? Makes you feel like you are 'stuck' with it and therefore powerless to overcome...

Think about this... When you were 10 years old, could you have accurately imagined and perceived what you would be like when you were a 20 year old adult? Of course not, because you hadn't experienced that yet - you had no way of anticipating how your awareness and state of being would change along the way. Well the same applies here. You won't know the full extent of your healing until you travel down that road and experience it. It's completely understandable that you, in your current state, are not able to imagine/perceive what it will feel like to be fully healed (because you're not there yet). So I feel it's important to try not to allow your current internal conditions to influence you to make limiting predictions about your future potential - because the present pain/hurting naturally would cloud your vision and perception. Moving forward you can just simply acknowledge that you are still hurting/grieving to some degree in the present moment, but also remind yourself that you are going to embrace patience and maintain an open mind by allowing for the possibility that you can progress to the point where you are fully healed. Very important to take things one day at a time and to envision this process to be one of taking a series of 'little steps' forward that over time are going to add up and account for substantial gains/progress. When you are learning a brand new, challenging skill - you don't become an expert at it overnight. You keep working at it and after you've invested a significant amount of conscious energy and time to the endeavor - you adept at it. The healing process is kind of like that. You have to chip away at it and put the time and (inner) work into it - then you will obtain the results you were striving for.

Old 11-11-2015, 11:52 PM
Seeker
wolfgaze- the thought of being able to heal completely feels so nice

today i am working through his birthday.... he would have been 44 today.
I miss everything about him but I am trying to celebrate his life today instead of just grieving his death
Old 12-11-2015, 03:32 AM
Suspended

Our spirit presence is an organic manifestation from a higher larger spirit in origin androgynous light.

A part of our own spirit manifested, and the higher part of our own spirit remained in the light origin.

When our manifestation passes away, we are simply released from the light condition that our actual spiritual self is communicating to....so we find ourselves in the light and were always in the light...we never left the light we only lost a part of our own spirit to the manifestation.
Old 12-11-2015, 01:34 PM
Master

Quote:
i'm new to learning about the afterlife and what happens to us after death- so forgive me if this question sounds silly

as i'm sure most have read- my former husband Michael passed away July 1

i've read a lot about how our loved ones continue to be with us- which is *somewhat* comforting (i would be more comforted if i actually felt him with me somehow)

i've also read a lot about reincarnation.

so how do the two of those work together?

if he chooses to reincarnate (from what i've read, it is a choice - please correct me if i'm wrong)

does that mean he is no longer with me - or anyone else in his family?

i guess i'm trying to see how it all gets put together
http://kris10846902.tripod.com/id14.htm
Old 12-11-2015, 01:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Thank you so much for your response.

Not that it changes anything, but just for clarification- Michael was my ex husband. we divorced prior to his passing- and we were not speaking at the time he passed.

-that being said..... I continue to love him more than life itself and as I have reconnected with his Mother she has confirmed he continued to love me until he passed.

the fact there was so much unresolved makes me sad- it also makes me wonder why i don't feel him more.

understandably some might say, well, because you were divorced- however I know Michael and I know he would want to speak with me- he would want to resolve all the things that were left undone.

maybe i am blocking it somehow...i just wish i knew how to make a strong connection

My advise would be to send him thoughts of love. He will receive them.

IF there were any unresolved issues, any regrets about things done or undone, knowing there is peace and forgiveness will help him - and you - move on.

If there is a grave, maybe place some flowers, red roses perhaps. He is not there, no, but the act is symbolic and it will say the things you cannot say to each other in person.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com