Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

View Poll Results: Cost aside, which would you prefer?
Burial 7 9.21%
Cremation 48 63.16%
I don't care 15 19.74%
Other 6 7.89%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24-06-2018, 09:49 PM
Guide
Burial vs cremation

Cost aside, which would you prefer?
Old 24-06-2018, 10:33 PM
Administrator
This was something that I had to ponder on when I lost my husband. the kids wanted him to be buried so they could go to his grave.when they wanted to talk with him. so that is what I did.
I always said cremation with my ashes scattered into the four winds.but I will more than likely be buried with my husband.

Namaste
Old 03-08-2020, 11:44 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
This was something that I had to ponder on when I lost my husband. the kids wanted him to be buried so they could go to his grave.when they wanted to talk with him. so that is what I did.
I always said cremation with my ashes scattered into the four winds.but I will more than likely be buried with my husband.

Namaste
you can still be creamated and your kids can put a marker with your name on it next to your husband. The body does not have to be there. My sister was attached to burying my mother but my mother insisted on cremation so my sister got her ashes and put them in a grave next to her daughter.
Old 24-06-2018, 10:46 PM
Master

Cremation, definitely. There will be no one to visit my grave and I do not intend to sit around a graveyard.
Old 04-08-2020, 02:20 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Cremation, definitely. There will be no one to visit my grave and I do not intend to sit around a graveyard.

I agree with this. There is no right or wrong decision.
Old 24-06-2018, 10:54 PM
Experiencer

I also prefer cremation, it feels cleaner.

My mom at one time wanted to be buried at sea. She has changed her mind now and had a notary set up a document to donate her body to science.
Old 24-06-2018, 11:43 PM
Burntfruit

cremation. It will tie up the final loose end of my life.
Old 25-06-2018, 02:25 AM
Tedmil

I prefer either burial at sea or natural burial soon after death. That way my remains would be recycled back into the Earth and it avoids the release of noxious chemicals associated with either embalming or cremation.
Old 25-06-2018, 03:57 AM
Master
Lots of people who are cremated do not request their ashes be scattered, rather a loved
one may keep the deceased ashes in an urn somewhere in their home or elsewhere.
I know people who have done this.

In my Last Will & Testament, I have requested that I be cremated and my ashes be kept in an
urn at a veteran’s cemetery. The VA has small lockers suitable for cremation urns at most VA
cemeteries, and they will have a military funeral regardless whether the veteran is buried in a
casket or cremated and the remains placed in a locker. Loved ones can visit a locker at a VA
cemetery just as they would visit a grave-site.

You can choose inscriptions and religious symbols before your death which would go on the door
of your cremation urn locker or on a grave site headstone if buried. The link below shows some of
the symbols available for headstones and urn lockers, at VA expense, to veterans.

https://www.cem.va.gov/cem/hmm/emblems.asp

It is not necessary to choose any symbol or inscription at all, but usually at least the veterans name,
branch of military service, and birth and death dates, are placed on the headstone or urn locker door.
Old 25-06-2018, 04:16 AM
Master
When I was in grad-school one of the things we learned was how to do a community assessment,
and part of this process was visiting a cemetery in an outlying community and writing a paper about
what you learned about that community from visiting their local cemetery.

Its’ amazing the things you can learn, especially from the headstones, when you visit a cemetery.
Like when I did this assignment I learned that there was a couple of years when lots of young children
died in a particular community, and I learned this from looking at grave-site headstones. Family plots
can tell you something about a community. The types of headstones there are in the cemetery, religious
symbols, etc., can tell you something. There are lots of things you can learn from a grave yard.