Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 27-04-2020, 08:00 AM
Master
[quote=ketzer]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
there everywhere. I've even been inspired by ants. A teacher it someone or something that inspires you in a positive way. That inspiration is already in you. Typically you just need something to bring it out. That can be anything.[UNQUOTE=hallow]
Quote:

Exactly!

Three cheese balls for you!

Although I did have an ant on my dad's side of the family who once tried to teach me that God made dinosaur fossils to trick people and test their faith in the bible... so not all ants teach the same lessons I suppose.

About the only advice I would add is not to be so busy looking for the right teacher that one fails to stop every once and a while and watch the ants.

Oh yeah, and all the good teachers don't take American Express or Discover Cards! But you probably already knew that.
yyyyuuuummmmm cheeessseeee bbbbaaaallllllssss!!!! The fossil thing is funny. That's why I question everything. And probably why I have trust issues. But an ant has no reason to lie.
Old 27-04-2020, 11:18 AM
ketzer

Quote:
[color="DarkRed"][b] yyyyuuuummmmm cheeessseeee bbbbaaaallllllssss!!!! The fossil thing is funny. That's why I question everything. And probably why I have trust issues. But an ant has no reason to lie.
Well, at least you can trust ants...... gotta start small.
Old 27-04-2020, 11:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Nice.

Some say they don't need a teacher, guru, master. But if a person is serious about their growth, development, awakening, they definitely need one. Someone to help them stay on track as its easy to go astray without one. Its easy to fool yourself into thinking you're developing, that you are going somewhere when your just going in circles. So a master is needed. Not many people are serious though, they just pretend to be.

As far as being able to recognize one. Its hard to say. They may have completely different qualities, characteristics. I say the best are like con men. They give you a needle and tell you that if you inject yourself with it, you will feel enteral bliss and love. Yet you do and instead you get a virus growing inside of you. That becomes more and more uncomfortable. And slowly, slowly destroys you. Metaphorically speaking of course.

I believe that there are exceptions to every rule and that there are exceptional instances of enlightened beings who did not have a "guru" (at least in this life time). Ramana Maharshi comes to mind immediately and so does the Buddha.

However, I personally am NOT the exception and I would agree with you that, in general, "if a person is serious about their growth, development, awakening, they definitely need one". I can't imagine how my development would have been without being exposed to various teachers with two in particular guiding me for most of my adult years.

I also agree with you that it is indeed very difficult to recognize a "true teacher" as there are so many con artists around who have made a business of it.
Old 27-04-2020, 01:47 PM
Newbie ;)

Hello everyone! I see some of you (quite a number actually) understand and perhaps even speak french, so maybe, if you are interested, you could search for the video of Maria on utube as i can't post it for now. There are 4 videos and the first one (soon for the second) is subtitled in english, just in case you need it.
It's entitled " SPIRITUALITE PARTIE 1- Instant présent - lâcher prise - Prise de conscience avec Maria. "
Old 27-04-2020, 01:57 PM
Newbie ;)

And i forgot to reply to the person who was asking me for some info on Maria.
Well, she is spanish of origin but has lived in France for decades, she has given conferences in spain and france but she prefers living incognito. I ve known her for 3/4 years now and she has never refused to receive people in need at her place to help them (no question of money) on different matters (psychological disorder, depression, spiritual teachings, or just a talk and a good meal to relieve suffering). At one time, she begun to give "retreat" for one or two days to people who wanted it, but that was not her priority. Maybe she'll start again, with the help of those videos that were made by a friend.
If you wanna know more, specifically on her awakening, she explains it all in the first video.
Old 28-04-2020, 11:31 AM
Master
The ''need for a spiritual teacher'' has its origins in India. I am not an Indian so I don't see why I should follow customs or beliefs from that country, just to ''grow spiritually''. I can/could, but it doesn't mean I have to or that it is necessary. Just because these things have been marketed well and went global doesn't mean they are applicable or valid to everyone. How to know if someone is a ''spiritual teacher'' will depend on your beliefs and customs.
Old 28-04-2020, 12:02 PM
Elfin

One listens to one's heart and intuition.
Old 28-04-2020, 01:09 PM
Administrator
Spiritual teachers don't always say who they are.or what they do

your best bet is to be true to yourself always use your intuition. and what is in your Heart

Namaste
Old 28-04-2020, 08:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
I believe that there are exceptions to every rule and that there are exceptional instances of enlightened beings who did not have a "guru" (at least in this life time). Ramana Maharshi comes to mind immediately and so does the Buddha.

However, I personally am NOT the exception and I would agree with you that, in general, "if a person is serious about their growth, development, awakening, they definitely need one". I can't imagine how my development would have been without being exposed to various teachers with two in particular guiding me for most of my adult years.

I also agree with you that it is indeed very difficult to recognize a "true teacher" as there are so many con artists around who have made a business of it.

Yeah, there are some rare people who done it on their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters

Perhaps deep down people end up getting what they were searching for. In the name of truth, enlightenment, nirvana, awakening, or whatever the name, people are just looking for happiness, an end to their problems. They will likely be happier with a superficial master than one who is the real deal. They get to have a nice dream believing themselves to be something they're not. Basically its what we are all doing here anyway. Pretending that we know something we don't. Pretending to be someone or something we're not. Its how we exist. Some just need a push to be a happier character instead of a miserable one.
Old 28-04-2020, 09:54 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Perhaps deep down people end up getting what they were searching for. In the name of truth, enlightenment, nirvana, awakening, or whatever the name, people are just looking for happiness, an end to their problems. They will likely be happier with a superficial master than one who is the real deal. They get to have a nice dream believing themselves to be something they're not. Basically its what we are all doing here anyway. Pretending that we know something we don't. Pretending to be someone or something we're not. Its how we exist. Some just need a push to be a happier character instead of a miserable one.

One can be at peace while in the midst of the storm. That's the essence of enlightenment, realizing the transitory nature of the storm vs. the unchanging nature of the Self.

By the way, same goes for the pleasurable. It's also transitory and single-minded pursuit of and clinging to it is what sets one up for suffering when it doesn't materialize, dissipates or becomes mundane and something more satisfying needs to replace it in order to maintain satisfaction.