Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 31-12-2019, 03:28 PM
Master

2020 Roll Call

Wow, did I not do this in 2019? Sorry peeps!

Here's our annual listing of the decks we're currently rocking and how we're using them. Newbies, don't be afraid to use the search function if you're trying to find another active member who uses a deck you're using/interested in purchasing.

2018: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=119854
2017 - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=109218
2016 - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=96343
2015 - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=92277

--------------------------
Hi, I'm tealily ; frequently-used decks below

Tarot:
- RWS
- Sun and Moon tarot
- Fountain tarot
- Steampunk Tarot (thank you, The Glow!!!)
- Crystal Visions Tarot

I tend to run on the modern/minimalistic whimsy aesthetic, but still need figures in my cards because :heart: for narrative like that
I have a YOLO/YMMV approach to tarot in general, and I'm okay with it

My wishlist would be to get a copy of a full-size White Sage Tarot, but that seems unlikely :( I'd consider the artist's oracle deck if that's available in full size...

I really want to see what Clover and Pandora are using because they seem to know all the cool indie/unusual decks. 55Degrees probably already has every deck ever invented so her deck library doesn't count
Old 31-12-2019, 04:46 PM
Deactivated Account

Hey Tealily, I am a bit caught up but I will update this thread when I get a chance in a few days. What do you think of this deck? The playful heart tarot. Too cutesy? I may get it, I have seen it a lot on instagram and its so cute. Thought of you tho, since you like those happy decks. Lol

I am in the process of buying cards, I am just not sure which ones! I almost sold my Bohemian Gothic deck on ebay last night, but pulled out and freaked out when I got actual bids Its out of print. I was hoping to sell it to buy more cards. God, I am undecided and a hot mess. See yall next year!
Old 31-12-2019, 04:53 PM
Master

intriguing! You know, catch me in the right mood, and that deck would totally hit my vibe.

I have to secretly lie in wait for @chibird or @teabag.cartoon to release tarot decks
(are we allowed to post instagram links?)

also zomg I recognise gothic bohemian, 55Degrees has used that one on me before haha. It's so scary to me! How on earth do you use it? lol (3 of Swords, not scary, anything remotely resembling a horror movie, very scary!!)
Old 31-12-2019, 05:01 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily
intriguing! You know, catch me in the right mood, and that deck would totally hit my vibe.

I have to secretly lie in wait for @chibird or @teabag.cartoon to release tarot decks
(are we allowed to post instagram links?)

also zomg I recognise gothic bohemian, 55Degrees has used that one on me before haha. It's so scary to me! How on earth do you use it? lol (3 of Swords, not scary, anything remotely resembling a horror movie, very scary!!)

Hey Tealily, I think your fine with the Instagram handles.

And I just looked up what chibird was, SQUEEEL. Now that is too cute! Lol

I find Bohemian Gothic very comedic. Some cards are dark, but I think its a very cheeky theme, makes me chuckle a lot. Reminds me of a low budget cheesy horror film. Personally, I find the Deviant Moon creator more scarier and dark ( his indy collections are a big hit on social media) now those illustrations send chills up my spine ;( Cant do those.

Alright ya'll, ill update when I get back. Sold half my collection.

Happy card purchasing 2020
Old 31-12-2019, 08:17 PM
Master
I have a large collection of decks but there's only a few I'm actually using on a regular basis.

I haven't been using Rider Waite for a while but do use some derivatives, such as:

After Tarot
Before Tarot
Tarot of the New Vision

Infinite Visions Tarot - a regular deck I'm working with at the moment.

There's a heap of other decks I use to play with, too many to mention. They're more "fun" decks but I don't do regular readings with them. Decks such as:

Tarot of Haunted House
Dark Grimoire Tarot
Tarot of the Pirates
Santa Muerte Tarot

I don't really use oracle decks, despite having a few of them. Every so often I break one out but end up putting it back on the shelf.
Old 01-01-2020, 09:24 AM
Master
What I currently use:
@ Wildwood Tarot (can't break away from that for its depth!)
@ Wheel of the Year Tarot
@ Robin Wood Tarot

@ Divine Feminine Oracle (got it in a few days ago)
@ Work your Light oracle
@ Goddes Power Oracle

The Starseed Oracle is winging its way to me!! It's released Jan 7th but Bookdepository always gets them sooner.
Old 01-01-2020, 03:09 PM
55Degrees

Same list as last year for me, RWS still being my go to deck, however I'm doing 12 months with a different deck to go deeper with one I don't use enough.
I'm also considering re-studying Tarot for Yourself buy Mary K Green with the 12 month study.
Old 01-01-2020, 04:52 PM
Master

I was legitimately thinking of doing a study thing this year with either Greer or Pollack (following their books, of course! I would only ever leave my cave for Theresa Reed...). Let me know if you want a studybuddy!
Also I love that RWS is one of your go-to's at the moment. I remember you being bored of it a while back! :)
Old 01-01-2020, 07:01 PM
Master
I've got Mary Greer's Tarot for Yourself, as well as a 21 Ways to read a Tarot Card, Tarot Reversals and Understanding the Tarot Court. I think she's a brilliant Tarot teacher.

I've been working through Understanding the Tarot Court the last week or so but would be interested in revisiting Tarot for Yourself if either you or 55Degrees wants to start a study group.
Old 01-01-2020, 09:58 PM
55Degrees

@tealily and @Pandora
That sounds cool, I just need to decide on which deck is going to call out to me.

I've recently been following Christiana Gaudet's 12 days of Christmas on FB (love, love, live that lady). It's been interesting to say the least.