Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 19-01-2016, 01:55 AM
Newbie ;)

Cat Questions on the Sixth Chakra

So I have a personal question on the sixth chakra, or better known as the "Third Eye"
At one point, I naturally felt my third eye lightly vibrating/tingling. It was a rather nice sensation, and it made me feel completely confident, aware, and present. I felt as if I had the wisdom of the world ready to be shared with any and all. However, I haven't felt that feeling lately.. And I've noticed I've begun to feel rather negative, actually.
Sometimes it takes long meditation practice to get back to a comfortable feeling, and then I continue to climb the ladder once more to achieve the warming positivity I had felt earlier on.
It seems too that when my diet begins to change, and become rather lazy and unhealthy, my mood is strongly impacted and so are my habits.
Something strange I've noticed when I meditate is that if I close my eyes and focus on my third eye, almost as if forcibly nudging it awake, I feel very strong and intense vibrations in my forehead, and then when I open my eyes, everything is a bit blurry for a bit and I have a slight headache that usually wears away in less than 30 seconds. I might start to meditate more with a moonstone or something of the sort on my third eye to see if that helps strengthen it, but..
I guess what I'm asking is, how does the third eye really work anyways? Does it's awakened feeling come and go, rather fleeting?
What are your thoughts?
Old 19-01-2016, 04:09 AM
Pathfinder
Hello Myrrh,

I haven't met one person who considers working exclusively on one chakra smart or safe. Especially if it is a "higher" chakra like the 3rd eye. Suggest working on all the chakras starting from the bottom and slowly moving up after you are comfortable with each in turn. Also, physical shaking and squats can ground your energy and bring you out of that headache you've generated from forcing energy into your brain.
Old 19-01-2016, 03:29 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you.
I don't typically do this, I like to have a balance in my body and all of my chakras.. I've just noticed that lately, there has been this weird strong pressure like feeling where my third eye is. And my third eye has felt closed for a bit of time now, and I'm fine with that. But when this pressure feeling occurs whilst meditating, that's when I try and channel energy upwards to see if it'll somewhat stop this feeling.
Even when I was meditating today, focusing on my lower chakras, that pressure-like feeling occurred again, with it's slight vibrations.. Even when I hadn't even occupied my mind with the higher chakras.
I guess I had thought I was directing the energy there each time, but apparently not.. I guess my body is doing it on it's own.
It only happens while meditating.
I think when I feel this pressure, I start to divert my awareness to my 6th chakra, and that's when it feels like the energy is being channeled specifically there.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:51 AM
Newbie ;)

It sounds like something I experienced a while ago, though not exactly the same. I had the 3rd-eye-automatic situation as well. A friend warned me for the danger of it and was worried I would go "insane" (sorry for the wording. He didn't put it this way but I haven't found a better word). I did some research but didn't find a good explanation (still haven't), so in the end I live with it. To be honest, working on higher chakras without proper efforts made to lower chakras does significantly raise blood pressure in my case, which makes me see why my friend warned me for its danger. So if you don't have low blood pressure like I do, there is indeed a risk. But everyone is different I guess. The bottom-to-top pattern may not work perfectly for everyone. We have to listen to our body *shrug* Good luck!
Old 02-03-2016, 02:24 PM
Master

THEY are actually two different chakras. the third eye and the brow. the brow is the peace you felt. the brow is the brain of the second set. the figure it out and understand. it is like the third that is the gut feeling the figure it out from the first set. the first set is about you, all you. the second set is about you and others.
the third eye is part of the next set. the you and spirit set where you start to actually see things.

kk
Old 15-03-2016, 01:56 PM
Newbie ;)

The third eye chakra is a main point for external life energy to enter and be distributed to the other chakras. It is also a key to ongoing spiritual development.
Old 19-03-2016, 12:56 AM
Newbie ;)

Third eye is best cleared through meditation, but putting your attention and awareness there isn't always the best thing to do. You can set an intention to balance your third eye. Straining and putting focus there can in a way imbalance the other chakras.

The solar plexus has to do with sight, so looking at issues there for the eye thing. Also, doing something physical oriented and cleansing like working out can solidify and cleanse your lower ones and allow you to get that 'clear vision' in the third eye.

Also, all things are cyclical in nature. Sometimes you will feel enlightened and other times completely disconnected. Your goal should be to further and further be in flow while diminishing your swings from one end to the other.
Old 08-07-2016, 03:04 PM
Master
Interesting discussion. Thanks to the contributors.

The pineal gland has traditionally been associated with the third eye. Many members of SpiritualForums have posted about aching in the lower back of the head, or the neck (very-upper end of the spinal cord). I'm posting this link to illustrate the gland and the brain areas in its vicinity - pineal gland, cerebral aqueduct, cerebellum, etc.
http://antranik.org/wp-content/uploa...ns-medulla.jpg

Do you have thoughts on what the very common aches in this region may be about? I assume the aching has to do with increased blood flow or mild swelling in this anatomical area, but am open to people's knowledge and ideas.