Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 11-01-2012, 01:31 AM
Administrator
Hello

Sorry to hear about one's loss. I was 25 and planning me wedding when me Dad made his exit from this World to the one of Spirit. He was only 56. Never missed a days work and WHAM gone in a heartbeat.

I am a Medium and I never had contatct from him til I had me first Son. Too at first I missed that contact being there. It too me Son saying from photo's I showed him some family and some random WHOM the man in his room was. That was his Grandfather. I had NO photo's of him out as he took the pictrues and was rare to be in one.

So at times there are signs around but we are not in that right place of calm to feel them or see them. I feel that was the case with me. I so so wanted to know he was ok and that know that I wanted to see him but nothing. I had no remorse over the wedding ( it never happened ) but I am with the man I was to marry 30 years now. I think it was just that I was not ready. On some level I still had some healing work to do.

Now when he is around I smell Old Spice ( dreaded stuff ) or his knee cream. Other's have seen him standing with me when I do spiritual work. I sene him but do not see him as me kids do.

Signs at times are very very studdle that we might well miss them. Little things like odors, a sense of being watched or touched softly, music that is background but suddenly seems to hit ye full on forfront that brings in a memory. Small white feather's that seem to come from no place. Pennies - found in odd places look to the date on them. At times it does tie to death year or an event year that has a strong memory.

I had one client share that at her deck at work on the floor she found a penny from the early 1900's when her Dad passed. Was the year he passed. I am sure he sent it forth. As I even type this I feel his pressence.
Joys of getting older reading glasses that FOG up....bless him.

So there are many signs out there. Too I will admit its the hardest loss there is....

Lynn
Old 11-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Pathfinder
yes ive seen john edwards shabby i like him too, as i do gordon smith.

i went to see derek acorah about 10 yrs ago and to be honest i went off him after id seen him live so dont tend to follow him now.

Lora - ive actually thought that my fascination with history is a big key to something its got to be - but all still to work out as usual lol !

Lynn, thank you for your message, i actually dont mind the smell of old spice it brings back some nice memories of my younger days ha ha . i do get the senses of been watched, but when its just me imagining it i just think its me wishing rather than its actually happening. ie if someone brushes your skin or hair or you smell something you actually feel it as a sensation, but if im sat in a hospital waiting room imagining my dads sat next to me i just think its because im imagining the siutation and wishing that he was sat next to me...... if that makes sense.

from reading all these posts its clear we have all suffered awful losses i think its lovely how we can all come together and share our thoughts and feelings, and especially for me its getting advise from people with more advanced experience/knowledge its great !
Old 11-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Administrator
Hello Keiko

I often feel it is though that wishful thinkiing that the connections are truly made. It takes energy to have Spirits come to us. How that works I am not fully sure. For me its a vibration and at times a stepping from me I feel but then I am so used to feeling that. What tells the most is a sudden shiver where the hair stands up on one's arm (s) for no apparent reason as one does not have the sensation of being statled.

Looking back to me Dad's passing he was admitted and he requested we go home, so we did. I remember feeling him come to me when he left, but it was two hours later the phone rang. I said to the Dr his actual time of death was....and him going yes, but we have the oath to keep trying things. I went though all those wishful thinking emotions and all the other's that come with such a loss. Adding to it the planning of a wedding it was a very stressful time already.

What I do know is that our LOved one's flow in and out to us, but its not a long contact we have. I spent way longer with spirts that I have no connections to. Again I am not sure why, maybe its because we will meet up with them again when our time comes.

Its important to share and it helps with the grief we feel even year's later a times. Remembering plans in the making that never came to be but knowing it was the right path and a higer power controlled that .

Me Dad always said we have a set number of minutes and when our number is called off we go. There is no deals to be made it simply is. I think that is why he went so with ease even though they kept workin on him.

Lynn
Old 11-01-2012, 03:53 PM
mattie

TRUST That He's OK

Don’t blame your self for asking your angels ‘to take him now rather than let him suffer and deteriorate further.’ This may not have been why he died at that point.

KNOW he is OK.

What are you doubting?
Old 11-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Pathfinder
ah now i have felt vibrations during a meditation before lynn so i understand what that feeling is like, i actually got quite scared by it when it happened cause my heart suddenly started beating so quickly to quickly infact and my temperature changed and it felt like all down one side of my boody was vibrating, and as i was new to it all i didnt know if that was supposed to happen.
a family member of mine told me that her dad appeared to her (she couldnt get over his death and cried constantly ) she swears blind he appeared to her one night and said "This is the only time i will be able to return" - my dad believed that she did see him when he heard the story !
so i dont know why family members cant spend as long as other spirits.

Hi Mattie, ive stopped banging myself about that now, as my dad knew i adored him so anything i said was for his own good and i know he would understand but it didnt stop me from feeling guilty for a while.

I started doubting the afterlife, ive always been a firm believer as ive had little experiences, and my dad believed to and he made a pact he would get back to me with a signal, as ive never felt anything if he couldnt do it i started to disbelieve in the whole thing, but ive since spent more time getting back into the meditating and talking and its helping alot and im understanding that 5 mths to me is nothing in the spirit world so im learning i have to be patient :-) i know theres 100s of people in the same situation as me all desperate to hear from their loved ones, i think i just expected photos dropping off the walls and things from him ha ha.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiko
ah now i have felt vibrations during a meditation before lynn so i understand what that feeling is like, i actually got quite scared by it when it happened cause my heart suddenly started beating so quickly to quickly infact and my temperature changed and it felt like all down one side of my boody was vibrating, and as i was new to it all i didnt know if that was supposed to happen.
a family member of mine told me that her dad appeared to her (she couldnt get over his death and cried constantly ) she swears blind he appeared to her one night and said "This is the only time i will be able to return" - my dad believed that she did see him when he heard the story !
I have heard that from many the only time .... when one is seen. Now I have no way of saying that is true or not. What I do know is that when me Son 2 I finally unravelled WHY he would never settle in his bedroom at night. Even from birth he was not a child to sleep in that room. When I finally clued in there might well be a "man" in his room and he was able to show me in a photo and back it up more by saying he brings that small brown dog with him, ( photo is black and white ) I knew it was me Dad he was seeing. The picture is one where I was 2 year's old in it and there is me first dog in it. ( I never noticed her there ). So I know he say him that clearly. Photo is black and white and small. I started see a glimps of me Dad after I had me Daughter. The kids still see him very clearly at times. Gone on to share more verifications it him.

When I am doing readings or being red by someone at times one's have discribed him to the letter saying he is very proud of me and the work I do. But as a child of 6 told never to talk on seeing dead people . WHY for that is now too clear the times were not open to accept that.

It might have something to do with concepts such as soul families that eneregy might be too much like ours and we have a clash. I know that I have some friends that it took a time to balance out our energies to live chat. There too are at times people we clash with but do no know why it might be an energy vibration clash.

There is so much not known, but its a wonderful blessing with that contact being made so that maybe the tears can stop. I know I filled an ocean with mine over the loss of me Dad. Now the feeling is one of pease with it all.

I started doubting the afterlife, ive always been a firm believer as ive had little experiences, and my dad believed to and he made a pact he would get back to me with a signal, as ive never felt anything if he couldnt do it i started to disbelieve in the whole thing, but ive since spent more time getting back into the meditating and talking and its helping alot and im understanding that 5 mths to me is nothing in the spirit world so im learning i have to be patient :-) i know theres 100s of people in the same situation as me all desperate to hear from their loved ones, i think i just expected photos dropping off the walls and things from him ha ha.

There are many yes looking for that contact or confirmation that they are safe. At times one have things to do over there and take longer to transition back. Some come in instantly. What he might well do is put a picture off skew on the wall....as ye enter the home is there on on the wall a landscape ? I get the sensation of moutains and a river or creek as a special place that might have a connection to ye.

Lynn
Old 11-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Pathfinder
your very lucky lynn having such a gift.

i would be made up if i knew my child had seen him - she has heard voices and felt an arm touch her before so shes open to such things (before my dad died) , and it doesnt scare her. plus shes had her feather (after my dad died) so shes over the moon

all i can tell you about mountains and a creek is strangely enough when i do my meditation i always go to the same place, a special location that i built for myself and yes there are mountains there and a creek, so that was the only connection i could make with that. i certainly dont live near any (unfortunately)

Old 12-01-2012, 12:19 AM
Administrator
Lossing a parent at any age is not easy,and we all look for conformation from different sources to be told that they are ok, your dad id fine and im sure in due time you will hear from him, there is no concept of time in spirit so what may seem a long time to you, may only be seconds to them,
have you looked for the signals from spirit letting you know your dad is around you.
like lights flickering phone ringing and no one there feathers etc.
these happen a lot but ppl tend to dismiss them.

Namaste
Old 12-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Pathfinder
thanks native spirit, oh yes im looking out for the signs, one day perhaps but im not expecting anything too soon now. im just going to be patient and carry on learning from this forum.

although so far much of it is confusing
Old 12-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Juanita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiko

Hi Mattie, ive stopped banging myself about that now, as my dad knew i adored him so anything i said was for his own good and i know he would understand but it didnt stop me from feeling guilty for a while.

---------------------------------------------------

Keiko, never doubt the Afterlife...It is real and it is Home.....I like to think of those body vibrations as a big loving hug.....but I get the flickering lights, the pennies, the songs, my hawk, hummingbirds, butterflys, and so much more...I believe that they are always around us, just having more energy with them when they want to connect, or we really, really need them to be there for us......I have also had the falling pictures, the pictures that get crooked
for no reason, the tv changing channels on its own and so many that I can't even remember them all.......they really don't "go" anywhere, they just transition to another vibration, IMO......