Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 21-03-2011, 02:43 AM
Ciqala

Shamanic Journeying Exercise

It can be used as another method to meet your spirit guides. Obviously the word "shaman" has been inaccurately used in new age terms considering its origination, and can be offensive for many medicine healers, and real shamanic journeying and rites of passage are a lot more complex and detailed than the new age steps, however, i thought these new age steps were quite intriguing, so if you haven't tried it, i'll share them, and if you have, what do you think?
(I quite enjoyed the new possibilities and adventure, but i can usually meet my spirit guides going to any place.)

It is a form of visualization, like a vision quest, or using visualization techniques to meet spirit guides. It is harnessing the sacred powers of our imaginations and minds.

Journeying into the lower and upper realms.

Journeying into the lower realms during vision quest, often by finding a portal through the earth, is where you will descend into beautiful earthly realms, and even magical earthly scenery, where you would meet your animal totem spirit guides, or human like spirit guides, earth spirits, or other high frequency being spirit guides.

There may be controversy on the term upper and lower - it does not mean the lower realms are any less than the upper realms, as all spirit guides are loving high frequency beings. Of course you may find a resonation towards one of the two, or even both. This method is used to find gateway portals into different realms to aid in vision quests/journeys.

Journeying into the upper realms, often by finding a portal through the sky to ascend you through the universe, and beyond into the upper realms, is where you may see heavenly and angelic locations, or often magical places to be stumbled upon, and such are where angels may be, or ascended masters, and other high frequency beings said to be from the upper realms.

1. Relax and be very comfortable. Lay down, or soak in a bath if you wish!

2. Close your eyes, and breathe deeply for a few moments, or until you feel relaxed.

3. Choose if want to journey to the lower realms or the upper realms. Set your intention for what you would like to get from the experience, your intention could be as open as a visit with your spirit guide. Or your intention could be to ask them for a healing from a physical ailment, or healing or balancing for your chakras, or to ask them a specific question you would like answered, or anything else you wish.

4. Now allow your imagination to take you on your journey! Imagine in your mind a soothing, and peaceful, beautiful place out in nature. It can be a forest, a park, a field, a mountain top, an ocean, a river, anything in nature you love. You can also begin to imagine a place in nature that exists already.

5. Absorb in the scenery with all of your senses. Do you hear any sounds? Are there birds chirping? Can you hear and feel the wind gently caressing you, or is it stormy? Is it raining gently, or is the rain washing over you? Or perhaps you can feel the warmth or heat of the sun. If you are by an ocean, can you hear the waves? What does it smell like where you are, can you smell the aromas of the forest? How does the earth feel under your feet? Are there rocks? What do they feel like when picked up? What colour is the sky? Try to really connect with your imagination here, use all of your senses, and truly feel like you are in that beautiful spot. This in itself should be a relaxing and cleansing exercise.

6. Now begin to explore and look for possible portals to the lower or upper realms, whichever you have decided on travelling to. Observe your space in nature for entrances into the realms, and if you cannot find anything, look further.

For the lower realms, these can be anything that allows you to go through the surface of the earth. You may find a cave, or bodies of water like rivers, lakes, oceans, swamps, a hole in a tree, or a hole in the ground, possibilities are endless. Spend as much time as you need looking for a way through the earth.

For the upper realms, this can be a really tall tree that you can climb into the sky, or perhaps a large bird or winged creature to give you a ride, a ladder, a rope, a rainbow, or perhaps you just float up yourself, again the possibilities are endless. If you go to the lower realms first, even your spirit guide you met there, can help transport you to the upper realms.

7. Remember your intention if you have already forgotten it by now. Upon finding your entrance, begin to go through it.
Try to explore every inch of it, and really take it in. I will use water as an example for a journey into the lower realms, walk into the body of water, or dive in, and enjoy the water, swim down, further and further, and explore it until it opens up a portal. These portals may come differently to everyone. You may find at this point the visualization is already taking a mind of it's own, if not, keep visualizing a portal, and what a portal taking you into a new realm would be like. For me, the water began spiralling me downwards through this amazing tunnel, and i ended up resurfacing in another realm that was not my imagination. This is where it gets interesting, and the power of the imagination brings on the power of "shamanism". It is important therefore to go along with whatever you see, go with the flow, and not doubt things in order for it to become real. Take as long or as short as you wish with this step.

And I will use a tree as an example to the upper realms. I began climbing a tree, and it kept growing to keep up with how high i was climbing, it felt effortless. By the time i got into the sky, i reached a portal, and i quickly ascended into a new realm, whereas it was not my imagination. If you wish you can even travel to the solar system and find extraterrestrial high frequency beings there. My first try, I came to a very bright place, infused with white light, realized i was standing on a hard rock solid white surface, looked ahead and there was a beautiful white temple of sorts. My guide was waiting for me in the temple. These things quickly take a mind of there own, but if not, read on.

8. The portal will have transported you somewhere. Where are you now? What do your new surroundings look like? If your surroundings are hazy, spend some time becoming in tune with all of your senses before you move on, and do Step 5 again in this new place, really get a feel for where you are.

9. Since you set your intention to meet your spirit guide, or spirit guides, or angels, they are probably waiting around you somewhere, or perhaps you have to go exploring to find them, yet most times they should be close by. Do you feel a presence nearby? Do you see a figure in the distance? Do you see anyone nearby? Do you feel anyone touching you? As soon as you see someone, or something, go closer and ask them if they are your spirit guide and observe their answer. About this time things may be unfolding by themselves, and you may be having a grand time with your spirit guide already. If you are very talented at vision quests, they probably came to you way past this step and interrupted your adventure! If not, now is the time to remember your intention, and ask them of whatever you wished for. If you ask for a healing, pay attention to what they do, and all the feelings you feel during it.

10. One amazing opportunity, is to embrace your spirit guide, if they are human form, or angelic form, hold both of their hands, if they are animal, or any other form, find a way to have both of your hands connected to them, and really feel their loving energies flowing through you, and gaze into their eyes.
The second amazing opportunity, is to ask them what special thing they have to teach you. Listen to what they have to say. Perhaps they may send you images, or feelings for your answer, but really take everything you receive into yourself.
The third amazing opportunity, is while you are holding their hands or embracing them, ask them to give you a gift of that learning, give you a gift of the strengths they hold, or any gift they can give you. Feel that gift coming into you through your hands, and feel the amazing powers of that gift enveloping you, and becoming you.

11. By this time, you should have had some type of experience. And i don't feel right narrating the experience of what you and your spirit guides should do, by the time you meet them, the visitation should flow by itself. Don't feel bad if nothing happens, it takes practice building up the powers of visualization and imagination, and learning to use them, but these steps could certainly lead to that.
You can stay for as long as you wish, and do anything you wish.

Upon leaving the realm you have chosen, really affirm and know that the gifts, or healing, or wisdoms you have received are manifesting inside of you. The last thing you want to do is reject the gifts you have received, carry them in your heart, and your faith and know they will be with you. Thank your spirit guide, or spirit guides, give them a big hug if you may, and go back to find the same entrance, or a different one, and use it to exit the realm! Then slowly come back to where you are, breathe deeply, and become aware of your body, open your eyes and... go on with your day! (or write down your experiences so you can remember them later on)
Old 21-03-2011, 02:47 AM
Oak2004

Odin hung upside down in a tree for nine days and underwent an excruciating horror. Like that?
Old 21-03-2011, 03:12 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oak2004
Odin hung upside down in a tree for nine days and underwent an excruciating horror. Like that?

After the nine nights he endured upside down in the world tree, Odin is said to have gained the spiritual knowledge and power of the runes he was seeking for and was freed. Most ancients of many cultures have had unique, interesting, and in some views "gruesome" traditions for said "shamanistic practices", very fascinating. Yet this is a westerners new age proposal on journeying harmlessly to meet spirit guides, so they say is adapted from some old traditions, however I can see only few similarities, it is still a beautiful technique, which should not induce excruciating horror ;)
Old 21-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Haoma

I believe that there are some that must take on such harsh challenges at some point in time in order to change the way they see and experience this world; not everyone, but some. Every experience you've ever had has been sent to you for your benefit, and by "sent" I mean the choice is entirely yours to create. Odin is said to have "sacrificed himself to himself" in order to gain forbidden spiritual knowledge. He grew as a result of this excruciating experience. Such knowledge is much more attainable and accessible in our times as we evolve towards a more peaceful people; however hardships are a way of life and a way of spiritual growth and people will continue to endure incredibly difficult challenges through very different, yet necessary means.

This technique is totally harmless and a great exercise of creativity - it is very fascinating. It's simple and fun to do while in a relaxed state and rather effortlessly activates the right side of the brain. I crossed a glacial creek, climbed up a giant yellow cedar and entered a place filled with sparkling white granite, only to journey through a lush courtyard and enter through magnificent silver doors into a worldly sized dome structure to come face to face with a man of great wisdom. It was great, and I hope to build on it in time.
Old 21-03-2011, 10:43 PM
Ciqala

Thanks for sharing those true words of wisdom Haoma, and it sounds like you've had an amazing beautiful experience, was lovely to read!
Old 26-03-2011, 11:53 AM
happy camper

Hi Ciqala!
Not a thread wasted,don't worry!
I am excited about this.Only tried it twice so far thou,as there is quite few other exciting projects as well (Where to find more time?)
I didn't have complite success yet.The second time I found the hole on the ground,where I went in and crawled but then the tunnel was becoming a bit bigger and more straight downwords,I suddenly felt very hot in my body,around my stomach,chest area (I mean very hot,like what has been discussed in the other thread about feeling hot,which also made me think of menopause! ) so obviuosly that broght my attention to my body too much to continue.However I tried to make an effort to turn back and return the same way,but it wasn't the same.
I will try again.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:25 AM
Ciqala

Oh nice you are having some great success, sorry it took me awhile to get back to your reply Happy Camper, i would be interested in hearing more of your experiences.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:31 AM
Ciqala

Another great visualization exercise to meet your spirit guides, is simply creating a meeting place! For example, i just use a lush green park, which is nice and peaceful, and i just sit on a blanket or lay down, enjoy the sun, and feel the surroundings, and wait for them to come to me. I have had some amazing experiences there.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:52 AM
nightowl

I like this thread.

I visualize a sacred grove in the woods. There is a cleared circle with a cottage and fire ring. The sun filters through the tall majestic trees. Depending on what the leading is there are a number of different scenarios that can happen. I can quietly sit by the fire anticipating a shapeshifting journey through the smoke, or play the drum and dance around the fire allowing the drum beat to create what is needed in the journey. At other times I am guided through the forest by my animal guides to a gateway that leads me to where I am being called. I love the idea that Spirit meets me there and each time is an awesome experience.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:57 AM
BlackFox

thanx,
i did your exercise and discovered a kyuubi named Satomi!