Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 15-03-2019, 09:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
I remember being told that for some people this helps with the flow of saliva.

Bodhidharma is considered the founder of Zen I think in China ("Chan")

Yes I have also heard it helps with the flow of saliva which makes sense as keeping Chi flowing is beneficial.

In TCM two Meridians are seen as Master Meridians, the Conception ( Yin ) and the Governing ( Yang ). The Conception runs in the front of the body and ends at the tip of the tongue, Governing runs at the back and ends at the Papilla . When they are both in contact Yin/Yang flow in complete harmony.

Bodhidharma believed balanced Meridians held the secret to vitality and energy, wise Man
Old 15-03-2019, 05:04 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Yes I have also heard it helps with the flow of saliva which makes sense as keeping Chi flowing is beneficial.

In TCM two Meridians are seen as Master Meridians, the Conception ( Yin ) and the Governing ( Yang ). The Conception runs in the front of the body and ends at the tip of the tongue, Governing runs at the back and ends at the Papilla . When they are both in contact Yin/Yang flow in complete harmony.

Bodhidharma believed balanced Meridians held the secret to vitality and energy, wise Man

Indeed Thank you sky123, friend.

JL
Old 17-03-2019, 12:54 AM
Gracey

Quote:
When someone becomes a fully realized Buddha, peace and blossoming is in the heart.

Pure Land does not teach that this universe today is the Pure Land, but that in cultivation of the heart/mind (stillness, compassion, service) that all things are thus possible.

Here is a song for you:

Hakuin's Song of Zazen

Produced by the Zen Buddhist Order of Hsu Yun

From the beginning all beings are Buddha.
Like water and ice, without water no ice, outside us no Buddhas.
How near the truth, yet how far we seek.
Like one in water crying, "I thirst!"
Like the son of a rich man wand'ring poor on this earth we endlessly circle the six worlds.
The cause of our sorrow is ego delusion.
From dark path to dark path we've wandered in darkness,
how can we be freed from the wheel of samsara?
The gateway to freedom is zazen Samadhi.
Beyond exaltation, beyond all our praises the pure Mahayana.
Observing the Precepts, Repentance and Giving,
the countless good deeds and the Way of Right Living, all come from zazen.
Thus one true Samadhi extinguishes evils. It purifies karma, dissolving obstructions.
Then where are the dark paths to lead us astray?
The Pure Lotus Land is not far away.
Hearing this truth, heart humble and grateful.
To praise and embrace it, to practice its Wisdom,
brings unending blessings. bring mountains of merit.
And if we turn inward and prove our True Nature, that
True Self is no-self, our own self is no-self, we go beyond ego and past clever words.
Then the gate to the oneness of cause-and-effect is thrown open.
Not two and not three, straight ahead runs the Way.
Our form now being no-form, in going and returning we never leave home.
Our thought now being no-thought, our dancing and songs are the Voice of the Dharma.
How vast is the heaven of boundless Samadhi!
How bright and transparent the moonlight of wisdom!
What is there outside us? What is there we lack?
Nirvana is openly shown to our eyes.
This earth where we stand is the pure lotus land!
And this very body, the body of Buddha.

Thanks for sharing,

JL

Beautiful, thank you kindly for sharing this.
Old 17-03-2019, 02:52 AM
janielee

You're very welcome, Gracey.
Old 18-03-2019, 02:38 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
so i had this dream where i was outside of a building and a classroom of small children were entering. I held the door for them and the teacher slammed it into my hands. this didn't bother me in the least. my focus was on the children getting inside. I felt good emotion. they went in and sat in front of the class. Osiris rex was to land. on each side of the class room, i could see through windows where there were landing pads for the shape ship. i walked to a landing type pad in the middle of the room and took the empty chair there and brought it to a long desk. two others sat on each side of me. we were given three papers. i only got one. the person to my right gave me two more. i drew a picture of a human with a circle around its head, i thought to be the sun. the man to my right looked at me and i said i am an artist. he said to me, you looked beautiful from the left view side face, but front face is not so beautiful. this didn't bother me. i remained happy. he said i think i am amitabha. then i saw the word in front of me in a gold circle that kept flashing every 30 seconds or so. then he asked me if he should go the ___lands or if he should get his chair first. i said if you need your chair first, get it, then go to the ___lands. if you don't need your chair first then go to the ___lands. he got up and went to the door to leave. i said that was quick and then he asked for his chair. i was sitting in it. haha. i gave it to him and he left. that was the end of the dream.

now i never heard of the word amitabha before, so i researched it and i found an image of human with a circle around its head like i drew.

i learned some interesting stuff about amitabha.

What do you know about amitabha?
Until this week I knew very little about Amitabha. Thanks for sharing this dream it helped me very much to understand Amitabha and the Pure Lands.

Quote:
Hakuin's Song of Zazen
The Pure Lotus Land is not far away.

To me the main message from the dream is the same as from that poem. When you found you has Amitabha's "seat". It seems to suggest it was so close and did not even realize it.

From this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amit%C4%81bha

This seems important also. "This altar display at a temple in Taiwan shows Amitābha flanked by Mahāsthāmaprāpta on his left and Guanyin on the right"
Old 18-03-2019, 07:33 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter light
Until this week I knew very little about Amitabha. Thanks for sharing this dream it helped me very much to understand Amitabha and the Pure Lands.

This seems important also. "This altar display at a temple in Taiwan shows Amitābha flanked by Mahāsthāmaprāpta on his left and Guanyin on the right"

O sure, you are welcome. I want to thank you for the photo here of Guanyin and Amitabha. Reason being back in 2013, I had a dream where I was told I "was" a goddess by the name of Guanyin and then I was shown the story of the son of the dragon king. i never heard of Guanyin or any story about her until after I dreamt it, same as with Amitabha. so, now that this connects even more, i have more research about.
Old 18-03-2019, 07:37 PM
Master
Quote:
O sure, you are welcome. I want to thank you for the photo here of Guanyin and Amitabha. Reason being back in 2013, I had a dream where I was told I was a goddess by the name of Guanyin and then I was shown the story of the son of the dragon king. i never heard of Guanyin or any story about her until after I dreamt it, same as with Amitabha. so, now that this connects even more, i have more research about.

Guanyin is a very powerful realized Immortal/Goddess/Buddha.

Seems like you have some visits.

Very cool stuff.

More than the dream, how do you feel the next day? Feel expansive? Clearer? Anything of that sort?
Old 18-03-2019, 08:38 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Guanyin is a very powerful realized Immortal/Goddess/Buddha.

Seems like you have some visits.

Very cool stuff.

More than the dream, how do you feel the next day? Feel expansive? Clearer? Anything of that sort?

When i am in the dream world, I merge 100 percent with the environment, including the entities, people, animals, weather, the emotions, thoughts and so on all at once. I experience omnipresence, omni-consciousness of the experience in the dream world. I am not able to do that in the waking state though. I don't want to either.

After the Amitabha dream, the emotions I had match what I feel on a regular basis. Now with some Gods, like Lord Ayyappa, who came to visit me and tell me his story and me having no knowledge of him before the dream, well after wards, I felt in awe really. Like who the heck am i to have him come to me??? Amitabha is familiar in feel. Lord Ayyappa was not. Sometimes, I feel heavy after thinking about it and tears of humility bring me out that.
Old 19-03-2019, 12:29 AM
Master
Quote:
When i am in the dream world, I merge 100 percent with the environment, including the entities, people, animals, weather, the emotions, thoughts and so on all at once. I experience omnipresence, omni-consciousness of the experience in the dream world. I am not able to do that in the waking state though. I don't want to either.

After the Amitabha dream, the emotions I had match what I feel on a regular basis. Now with some Gods, like Lord Ayyappa, who came to visit me and tell me his story and me having no knowledge of him before the dream, well after wards, I felt in awe really. Like who the heck am i to have him come to me??? Amitabha is familiar in feel. Lord Ayyappa was not. Sometimes, I feel heavy after thinking about it and tears of humility bring me out that.

Very cool stuff.

Do you ever see them when you try to look during the day?
Old 19-03-2019, 12:16 PM
Gracey

I haven't tried to seek them out during the day or during dream time. I am more of a person who allows them to come to me. I see no reason to seek them out for any reason. I have seen people who are earthbound during the day (and I cross them over) and I have seen some other entities, but never a God or Goddess.