Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 25-02-2019, 10:21 AM
Master
North & South Node

Sapphirez mentioned elsewhere she had her North Node in Taurus, South Node in Scorpio.
That inspired me to look up what mine are, and I got the same. North Node Scorpio in 6th House, South Node Taurus in 12th.
Now my knowledge of astrology isn't vast enough to be able to do something with that info.
What can I expect to experience of this, how can this pan out?

Judy Hall's guide say that South Node in 6th house is about being done with being subservient and submissive, that this was wrongly taken for the true serving.

Does that mean I easily get sucked into that kind of behaviour? What does Scorpio add to it?

But more so, what about the Taurus North Node in 12th house?
Can someone with more knowledge tell me a wee bit more? I would really appreciate it!
Old 25-02-2019, 01:15 PM
Guide

My south node is also in scorpio and north node in taurus. I can't be of much help because I kind of forget everything, but I know the south node represents the lessons we bring with us from a past life while the north node is what we are working on in this life. So I would say the south node has something to do with power dynamics learnt in your past life and in this life you are learning more lessons to do with relationships of some kind. But specific to the houses I would have to google that. Supposedly the scorpio south node/taurus north node can mean in a past life we were in privileged positions and in this life we are trying to learn to be the ones on the other side of that privilege - forming relationships and being cooperative with others.
Old 25-02-2019, 06:35 PM
Master
Hi Clio!!
Well, I just found the most wonderful explanation that describes how it pans out in your life.
I'll post it here as well.

The South Node in Scorpio is ruled by Pluto, “Lord of the Underworld” and is the archetypal symbol of death and rebirth. Scorpio in this context has struggled to transform and be re-born like the phoenix, and somewhere in all that struggling has come an exhaustion and weariness of the spirit. Pluto is a planet ruling an intensely passionate sign, and the Scorpio storyline is often about the price it costs to come into one’s own power. Having your South Node here suggests that you can heal and regenerate yourself—and others—more skillfully than any other sign, but you can also be secretive, reflective, mysterious and sometimes revengeful or jealous. So this “South Node Scorpio often reflect the journey of coming into one’s own power the hard way.
South Node in Scorpio know the dark side of life; the areas that are taboo, and the horrific tragedies that befall humans. Tragedies leave scars in their wake, and though you’ve had great courage to look and survive these times, there’s a heaviness of spirit that often remains, as well as a suspiciousness and fear. This life is now one where you are being called to rethink your values, your priorities, and to allow the old ways of loving and being loved to “die and be reborn.”

There’s great gold in Scorpio’s shadowy inheritance---it has a hard won wisdom and occult knowledge that can serve you well when used right. But as always with Scorpio, there can be a tendency to see the “glass as half empty rather than half full” because of an intuitive awareness of what wasn’t “right” earlier in this life or in a former life. You may have paid too much attention to other people’s business rather than our own. You were—or are--the power behind the throne, or the one who “borrowed” another’s values, glory, money or husband. Your own yearning may have brought on drama and melodrama.

Now there’s a call to love and be loved from a different perspective. No more tragic love stories, no more battles for power, struggles for revenge, hidden agendas and all the stuff of great novels. Just peace. Negotiation. Serenity. That’s the movement that is called for with a Scorpio Moon or South Node. Your Soul needs a rest from trauma and melodrama—and you deserve it. There’s no need to sabotage or save in the realm of love, but instead to find ways that life can be sweeter and easier with those you love, and that comfort itself and the simple joys in life are often what makes life worth living.

South Node in Scorpio holds the emotional memories from your childhood and from the forgotten “emotional memories” of past lives. From the reincarnational perspective, both these points show the particular emotional “hangover” that is most impacting you in this life now. We don’t usually remember “facts” from very early in life, nor do we usually remember our past lives. What we feel instead is an emotional undertone—a lunar feeling—that something in our Soul hurts—and that something in our past is unresolved. It’s like waking from an uncomfortable dream but not remembering the storyline—and this is the unresolved issue that the South Node in our birth chart describes. By describing some of this lunar story, we bring it into consciousness, and then we can move into changing our present life story, by recognizing the old patterns and emotions that no longer serve us now. We can learn to love and be loved differently.
~Elizabeth Spring -www.elizabethspring.com
Old 25-02-2019, 07:15 PM
Master
If you want to know even more, read this!! It's on the North Node Taurus, but also incorporates the South Node Scorpio, how these interact and so on.
It's a long article, 5 pages, but I flew through it. I think this is the most accurate description I've ever read on me. I'm still flabbergabbered. It's so recognizable it's unreal.

https://astroarena12.blogspot.com/20...-soul_23.html?
Old 25-02-2019, 08:38 PM
Experiencer
Happen to agree, never looked at the "True or North Node" before, and i ended up on the same site FC. I fall under a Leo/Aquarius N/S node and really found it to be an interesting look at some of the underlying story-lines and themes that play out. Definitely would say anyone remotely interested in natal charts should take a gander
“Once you realize that the road is the goal and that you are always on the road, not to reach a goal, but to enjoy its beauty and its wisdom, life ceases to be a task and becomes natural and simple, in itself an ecstasy.”
― Nisargadatta Maharaj
Old 25-02-2019, 10:10 PM
Master
Yes, it's pretty amazing, isn't it!
Old 26-02-2019, 12:53 AM
Master
I am really glad you started this thread FairyCrystal, the Nodes are so important and telling of our truest natures.

I'm excited to discuss this but want to be sure of your placement first, you said Scorpio in both South and North so let's double-check. Would you mind sharing your birthdate information with me and I'll look it up?
Old 26-02-2019, 03:29 AM
Knower
I think the house position of the nodes are very important, and is modified with the signs.

The nodal signs are same for everyone born in 1.5 years and therefore not so personal in general.But can be if nodes are close to personal point in the horoscope, such as sun, moon, ascendant or mc.

I have my north node in 12th and south node in 6th house.
This show my urge is to transcend (or escape ) into 12th house, while finding work and daily humdrum life something that I would like to distance myself from. But saturn in 6th house too won't let me. Have to dig in doing my service.
Old 26-02-2019, 06:35 AM
Master
Out of curiosity i looked up mine too.

Interesting.
Old 26-02-2019, 06:37 AM
Master
Bindu you are right that the houses are very important, and that aspects to the Nodes can modify them as well.

If your North Node is in the 12th house though then that is where you should be headed, and the 6th house where South is located where you should not fall back into.. so if those are your placements then this lifetime you have the liberty and obligation even to distance yourself from humdrum life matters hehe.. and shoot for the bigger picture beyond the veil 12th house stuff. So it's essentially your job to be spiritual and get in touch with deeper things in this lifetime if you have the North Node in the 12th. South Node is what you're comfortable with generally but in the longrun it won't make your existence more comfortable going back to that path instead of creating the new one with the North Node.

I have my Taurus North Node in the 2nd house and thus Scorpio South Node is the the 8th, both their natural original placements so I guess that their meanings are intensified or doubled for me.. I'm learning more about the houses though and how to use or understand them through this other forum with a very experienced teacher. I like to group the houses together with the sign and planet and jumble them all as parts of personality and everything all together.. but I guess that the houses are more strictly about where or what things take place in your life.

This is off topic but something interesting was just introduced to me recently. The forum owner, named Zarathu, does existential analysis as he calls it, and right now he just showed me about everyday changes that tend to happen in my life, with the Moon placement. So whichever house the Moon is in is where a lot of changes occur. Then he revealed that the changes actually originate from another house, the house where the ruler of the Moon, Cancer, is cusped or situated. Most of my houses and signs follow the natural order because my chart starts at less than a degree away from Aries 0/1 degree (Pisces 29th degree is my Ascendant) but some of the houses don't have the original sign, and I guess that my 5th house is one because that is where he found I have the sign Cancer.. so I had to answer about how I see common changes in my life experience with the 7th house and then how I also see they originate from issues having to do with the 5th house.
It made a lot of sense.. so these activities are helping me understand houses better (though I still want to believe they color a planet or placement personality-wise too according to the sign that originated there) and also more intense in-depth ways of looking at Astrology that I had no idea about before. I know there is a lot more to discover still but this recent insight has been helpful, and fruitful for my personal reflection and motivation.

That all being said still I think that the North and South Nodes are two of the most valuable placements to consider in your chart or another's you're trying to understand.

Since I am waiting on FairyCrystal to reply about which exact placement she has, I will talk a bit about what mine mean for me.

before that, EndoftheRoad my daughter who is 15 months old has that placement too, Leo North Node, Aquarius South Node. I was delighted to read that it means she is supposed to have fun and shine her light extra this lifetime. though I hope that doesn't mean she has to struggle with it too much, I will try to help her.. She has an Aquarius Ascendant so I know it'll be a little hard keeping that Aquarius energy in perspective. and she has a stellium in Scorpio with her Sun and Moon there so I guess we're lucky she has the duty of being a bright Leo North Node so she can avoid the darker tendencies. She also has her Sun & Moon conjunct the Midheaven though so I think that high placement and population in the 9th house (& Moon 10th) of these planets will help her to remain more visible and out in the open with less tendency to hide or revel in unnecessary depths. I've got a Scorpio stellium too though my Sun is in Libra. anyway, just wanted to share that my baby has the same placement. I will read the link FairyCrystal shared about that placement too. Any insight or advice you feel like sharing about that Leo Aquarius placement from your experience is welcome.

That is an excellent link and I enjoyed what I read so far about the Taurus North Node there thank you FairyCrystal!

So for me, as I said I have a stellium in Scorpio so my having the South Node there makes it extra tough I guess lol, or seemingly so. but in reality I suppose that anyone with two sense would tell someone with 4 Scorpio planets including a tight triple conjunction of Moon, Venus, and Pluto that they should try to lessen their Scorpionic energetic output lol..

I do have my South Node in the 8th house though, and Saturn is there, but the triple conjunction is in the 7th house so that changes things a bit.

Anyway, so from what I've gathered, Scorpio South Node has a propensity for reacting dramatically. that could be with anger or sadness like pouring on the tears, withdrawing, running away, yelling, plotting revenge.. luckily I am not really the revenge type, but I do notice when manipulative/manipulating energies arise and it's kind of weird because I am aware of myself and negative thoughts or tendencies and it's like they are not really me. I guess it's hard to describe, but I don't usually feel inclined or want to manipulate anyone, but my mind is overactive and I think a lot about what other people are thinking or doing or feeling, as well as myself, and I think about how I could manipulate a situation but don't.. or else about how a simple act or reaction could essentially be manipulative but I'm not trying to. For example, something as simple and mundane as me perhaps making a show of using the last of something in the kitchen, and maybe making an extra sound when pouring the last of the oil so my fiance knows to get more or my leaving a jar of pickles or something on the side of the sink so he can see they're gone.. lol he doesn't eat pickles but we use a lot of oil, and we're not always on speaking terms or I don't want to ask him to get something sometimes so sorry these are kind of ridiculous examples, but they can be things as simple and silly as this. It's just that I notice myself doing certain actions or thinking of such things and I'm not trying to be manipulative but in a way it is.. however all that nonsense aside, what Taurus North Node & 2nd house wisely tells me to do in this lifetime, is to make my own income and living in all ways, and not to rely on anyone else.

I have been working since I was 14, but I've never truly been independent or lived all on my own. I paid my mom rent since I was 17 but I did live with her most of my life and aside from that I have had several friends that took care of me in ways more than was their fair share or half. I didn't have many romantic relationships though so the one I entered about 3 years ago is the first that was really a serious dependent relationship with a male for me.. but anyways I am not supposed to be relying on anyone else. I need freedom and self-sufficiency, and to build my own things according to Taurus 2nd house sentiment. .
It says this lifetime is for me to work.. and I haven't been working for a while now though I am a mother for the first time, so I guess that is the right track. but it's not enough. it doesn't give me the credit and respect I think I deserve or need, and I don't have authority in this position even though I take care of my daughter most of the time. The fact that I don't also work or make an income, or do all of the housework too, well I'm just in a position that isn't working for me. I see what the North Node in my chart says and it seems that if I follow the advice of it most of my problems will be solved.

I've found that other matters of Taurus or the 2nd house, it being Earth sign, seem to be the best path for me. As the years have passed I've become more and more interested in Earth and plants, flowers, crystals, herbs, oils, etc.. all kinds of healing things and just being in touch with the Earth in general. And I've come up with some ideas of things I could make and/or sell that honor the Earth and humans, which I've also been deeply interested in learning how humans heal and exist on this planet. So there is potential there hopefully for me to follow that North Node path more literally and build myself will building from and with the Earth. even if I don't make money from these things they're still passions and I enjoy making little elixirs and things for people or myself. I amassed a lot of crystals too that I want to sell a major portion of. I just am kind of stuck or frozen and have been for a long time and at least ideas circulate, but I am not sure how to step forward. And that is part of the challenge, stepping out of our comfort zones to follow the North Star as I also liken the North Node placement to. Taurus 2nd house is about building and being in charge of yourself, and producing tangible results and structure. I have learned a lot and have so many things I want to do, but more of my energy is devoted to me being concerned what other people are doing or not doing, and me wanting to transform others and not using more of that power on myself. Scorpio is like psychic energy directed internally, and Taurus is like physical practical energy extended outward to create something, though of course Taurus does also have to do with us building ourselves up & out in different ways. which doing that is what makes it successful at building actual things and gaining respect in the world. It's about asserting yourself and being your own authority. It's about much more but anyways that's a lot of how I see it in my life and self. One book spoke of how it means I am supposed to be the one to make ways and models for others to follow. That I should be the one choosing such things and creating them, not following others or letting them dictate how or what I do. and I do think that I have garnered enough knowledge and wisdom to be in a position to be an authority.. but I still don't believe in myself yet and am unwilling to get my toes wet. that's the South Node calling me back, but I know where I'm supposed to be and what I'll be best off trying to do in this lifetime. in simplistic terms maybe it has a lot to do with practice what you preach instead of devoting so much of yourself to preaching it and trying to compel others to change which can help you change in ways, but that's not enough in this lifetime where you're supposed to be the one leading by example more or building things for others to find and use themselves. I'm not sure if any of this is making sense lol my head is feeling kind of like one of those old popcorn machines now, or possibly a cotton candy machine lol, but the right idea is somewhere in there I think