Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 24-04-2018, 09:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Apparently, me trying to end my single status is the same like attempting to defy the law of physics. Perhaps a major reason to become celibate.
Is your concern for being single greater than any fulfilment you have as a celibate..? Being unhappy single isn't the same as choosing to be celibate..
I think celibacy should only be 'practised' or lived if it's compatible with your needs..
Old 06-05-2018, 04:00 PM
Knower

I practice a forced celibacy if it does count
Old 23-05-2018, 04:24 AM
Master
I am joyfully celibate on a sacred path ever blossoming into a crescendo of infinite Divine Love. It seems very often people might perceive celibacy as a forced repression of sexuality due to dogmatic beliefs. Other times they might see celibacy negatively because they might have a limiting belief that their true happiness is reliant on the condition of sexual/romantic relationships. However, there is another take of celibacy from a sacred perspective that is truly Spiritually orgasmic and sublime. Celibacy in this way is not experienced as a burden or deprivation, but a powerful Gift and expression of transcendent Spiritual fulfillment and Oneness with the Universe.

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 23-05-2018, 05:53 AM
Knower

There are many paths to enlightenment and some are more enjoyable than others. I have never been with anyone I did not love. If only having sex when you are in a loving relationship is practicing celibacy count me in, not that there is anything wrong with release....a completely natural thing that does not discourage enlightenment contrary to some beliefs. Merely abstaining from sexual activity is not what encourages enlightenment. It is how you process the energy.
Old 23-05-2018, 06:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0A0o
There are many paths to enlightenment and some are more enjoyable than others. I have never been with anyone I did not love. If only having sex when you are in a loving relationship is practicing celibacy count me in, not that there is anything wrong with release....a completely natural thing that does not discourage enlightenment contrary to some beliefs. Merely abstaining from sexual activity is not what encourages enlightenment. It is how you process the energy.

Merely forcing oneself to be abstaining from sex in a bid for enlightenment is misguided and can be harmful for Spiritual and psychological growth. However, when one feels naturally guided to celibacy from an open and Spiritual center, it is a much more different experience. Like you said, there are many paths that will allow for growth. I would go further as to say that wherever anyone is on their given path, is exactly where they ought to be. The most important aspect is being in alignment with One's own Truth and Authenticity.

Celebrating the Spiritual experience of celibacy does not mean that someone is saying that sexuality and its physical expression is any less Spiritual. Similarly, Sacred celibacy can actually be an expression of sexual energy in a transcendent fashion. I think the Universe is vast enough to allow for Sacred experiences in all shapes and forms none more superior or inferior to another. :)

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 23-05-2018, 07:21 AM
Master
Agreed.. it is a choice. There is no such thing as forced celibacy. No one is able to force you to stop having sex or even stop masturbation. You make that choice all by yourself. And it must come from the 'heart'.. not being able to find a partner or seek intimacy because of whatever reason is not the same as being celibate..

Celibacy means not just abstaining from sex and masturbation, it is also mental. The experienced celibate is able to reject any sexual advances of other people. Could you do that? Could you even do it in your mind? Or would you be able to, with spiritual practice? Does it light your curiosity? There are your answers..
Old 03-06-2018, 02:19 AM
Experiencer

Hey there! :)