Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 16-03-2017, 01:19 PM
FrankieJG

Difference between relocation chart and astrocartography?

Are these two the same?
Old 16-03-2017, 05:09 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieJG
Are these two the same?

A relocation chart shows your natal chart as if you were born in the relocation area instead of your birth place. It doesn't change the planet positions or aspects between them, but it rotates your natal chart so that they planets are in different houses in the relocated area.

It is still your core energy, but in that new area your energy is expressed in new ways. For example, if you move to somewhere that has a relocated chart that puts Venus on the Asc (aka, this is your natal chart rotated around until your natal Venus is conjunct the Asc) then you will express more Venus energy (tempered by whatever sign your natal Venus is in).

A relocation chart is a wheel chart format.

Astrocartography (also called Astromaps) are different in that they show a map of the world or a region and they have lines when your natal planets are conjunct the various four angles (AC, DC, IC, or MC) in a relocation chart.

An astromap is useful for seeing all the areas where your Mars is conjunct the MC (in a relocation chart) or your Jupiter is conjunct the IC, or etc.

I use an astromap to look at the big picture for where "good" areas for me to travel/move to are, then I look at relocation charts for area along those lines (shown on the astromap) to get an even clearer picture for how my energy will work in that location.

If I had to make a move, like say for a job opportunity, then I would go direct to the relocation chart because I already know the area I am looking at moving to. The relocation chart will give me information about what that area will be like for me if I were to move there.
Old 17-03-2017, 04:31 AM
FrankieJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriesIntrovert
A relocation chart shows your natal chart as if you were born in the relocation area instead of your birth place. It doesn't change the planet positions or aspects between them, but it rotates your natal chart so that they planets are in different houses in the relocated area.

It is still your core energy, but in that new area your energy is expressed in new ways. For example, if you move to somewhere that has a relocated chart that puts Venus on the Asc (aka, this is your natal chart rotated around until your natal Venus is conjunct the Asc) then you will express more Venus energy (tempered by whatever sign your natal Venus is in).

A relocation chart is a wheel chart format.

Astrocartography (also called Astromaps) are different in that they show a map of the world or a region and they have lines when your natal planets are conjunct the various four angles (AC, DC, IC, or MC) in a relocation chart.

An astromap is useful for seeing all the areas where your Mars is conjunct the MC (in a relocation chart) or your Jupiter is conjunct the IC, or etc.

I use an astromap to look at the big picture for where "good" areas for me to travel/move to are, then I look at relocation charts for area along those lines (shown on the astromap) to get an even clearer picture for how my energy will work in that location.

If I had to make a move, like say for a job opportunity, then I would go direct to the relocation chart because I already know the area I am looking at moving to. The relocation chart will give me information about what that area will be like for me if I were to move there.

Thank you AriesIntrovert for clarifying that to me Now I get it ! Also should we look into the more powerful planets in our natal chart and then look into those lines in the astromap in situations when we are not certain about a place we need to travel to?
Old 17-03-2017, 03:20 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieJG
Thank you AriesIntrovert for clarifying that to me Now I get it ! Also should we look into the more powerful planets in our natal chart and then look into those lines in the astromap in situations when we are not certain about a place we need to travel to?

Study up on your planetary traits in general and your combination of natal planets in their signs specifically. (Venus = Harmony, Pluto = Power, etc.)

When you look at a astromap realize that the lines represent where your energy is most noticeable on the various angles. So for example, you may not want to live somewhere that puts your Pluto on the IC because it could manifest as: You being obsessive, abusive, controlling (and all things Pluto); or situations happening where you HAVE to be obsessive, abusive and controlling; or situations where you yourself subjected to abuse, control, etc.

However for various reasons that may be something you need/want in your life (if you need to be more powerful and stand up for yourself). Only you know what you need.

It is also helpful to look at a relocation chart after you pick spots from the astromap because based on your unique natal chart, you may improve one aspect but create a bad situation in another. For example, you may pick a location that puts your natal Venus on the Desc to improve harmony in your relationships and the partners you choose... but what if this puts your natal Saturn on the MC? That might make it more difficult to find work, or make your work harder. (The same could be said for the 6th house cusp of daily work, although the four angles of the chart [AC/DC, IC/MC] will always manifest energy the strongest.)

Let me know if that makes sense. <3