Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 02-05-2017, 10:57 AM
Knower

Question Do We Create Alternate Realities When We Dream?

I am wondering if whenever we dream what would something be like if we or we think about our past and wonder what would it be like if we did something different is something that actually creates alternate realities?

I heard we are present in past, present and future. So if we are present in the moment right now, as soon as we start dreaming, we instantly create alternate reality where we start existing too in scenario we dream about?

Remember "Sliders" series how main character discovered alternate realities (I think they were unlimited) and explored them? It wasn't told how they were created as far as I remember but what by dreaming we create alternate realities?
Old 02-05-2017, 02:25 PM
Experiencer

You're partly on the right track.. and are using some terms that are accurate, but they're being used in the wrong context.

I think the problem with understanding dreams, is we're trying to do so from within the framework of the physical world.

For this reason, I'm going to start by saying that the physical world is an illusion.. it's not real in the sense that it has any value outside of the things we experience and learn from within it. The physical world is transient.. temporary.. a platform for us to 'make believe' situations that are beneficial for us, and for us to experience those situations as though they are real. Obviously, there's much more to the physical world, and my responses here are tempered to suit the topic at hand.

The dream world, or heaven, or the fifth dimension (which ever way you want to name it) behaves differently. Anything you think/feel/imagine is instantly manifested. The ether easily molds to our will and creates scenery and landscape, people, tools, buildings.. etc. This is also why people having difficult times in their life have nightmares.. they are essentially creating an environment based on their concerns and fears.

It's also worth noting that time doesn't function the same way in the fifth dimension.. it's experienced as a whole (which links with how you can manifest instantly). You can focus on specific parts of the 'whole', and perceive time in a linear and sequential manner, but you are not limited to doing this. However, because you are consciously conditioned to experiencing/perceiving time as in 'each moment as it passes', you'll also create this perspective while dreaming.. for the most part; you will likely recognise that dreams readily shift in time and location.

This difference in 'realities' makes it difficult to properly answer your question without changing your perspective.

While in the dream world, you aren't technically creating an 'alternate' reality.. it's you creating 'a' reality that suits your needs/mindframe. The only caveat here is that dreams are often guided by your higher self; to help you recognise something important that's relevant to your waking life. This reality also only exists for as long as you're present, and it reverts back to 'dust' when you are gone... which is also why we are considered to be 'dust' and will return to 'dust' when we are gone. Which is another way of saying that anything physical is also created from ether; it's just .. more compact.

To help clarify another point here, and I know this is slightly off topic.. but when people die, for the most part everyone goes to heaven. However, if they die under particularly traumatic circumstances, or are in a highly negative and self destructive mindframe, (while existing in Heaven) they can manifest their own personal hell... This is where so many religions caution against bad deeds with the 'punishment' being an afterlife in Hell.

[edit]
I've re-read your comment above, and thought I'd add another layer to this.

Ether is essentially a building block, a type of energy that can be molded to take on any form (whether physical or otherwise). When you dream, you are readily able to interact and manipulate ether. In a similar way, you can mold and manipulate ether while in the physical world.. but it often doesn't have much of an impact here because the physical world is too 'compact' (to reuse the term above). While our meditations, thoughts, and imaginations do have a huge impact on ether in the subtle realms, it often takes time and continued effort before those energies become manifest here; or for those energies to condense enough to exist in the physical plane.

I have heard of people who could manifest physical objects here, but this has usually been restricted to small things, such as powder or liquid. Although, there are numerous reports of people from ancient cultures making use of this form of manifesting to build entire cities.. or pyramids, for example.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:35 PM
I'm not seeing anything as 'alternate', TechnicGeek.
Everything, no matter where or no where just 'is'.
Visible, invisible ...in the imagination, a dream, or so-called concrete
in this Grand Illusion or Dream...it's all dreamstuff, as I see it...
all real...all fluff...all taking place in the Mind of God...even in 'your' dream.
(But, there is no 'you', my friend.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-05-2017, 03:19 PM
Master

I think most dreams are just the mind at play , and dont mean much . As we all go out of body during deep sleep , but dont remember , or remember as a dream , a few dreams could be part of a sheared reality . Some where out there on the astral plane .
Old 02-05-2017, 03:23 PM
Deactivated Account
Highly unlikely. 99% of the time they're just dreams, nothing more. Spiritual or meaningful dreams are rare (I merely speak on my own behalf though).
Old 02-05-2017, 06:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Do We Create Alternate Realities When We Dream?

Yes. And I would equally say...do we participate in multiple/other realities when we dream? Yes.
It is equally a co-creation and a participation, an engagement with what is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I'm not seeing anything as 'alternate', TechnicGeek.
Everything, no matter where or no where just 'is'.
Visible, invisible ...in the imagination, a dream, or so-called concrete
in this Grand Illusion or Dream...it's all dreamstuff, as I see it...
all real...all fluff...all taking place in the Mind of God...even in 'your' dream.
(But, there is no 'you', my friend.)

This So very true. It's all "real". It's all REAL. It's all the same...there is no difference between you in the flesh on earth and you in the spirit realm or however we refer to these other, non-physical (so to speak) realms or places or dimensions. There are only the divisions and separations that WE place upon them. AND...of course, the truth and authenticity of being and presence which we bring to each place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnate
I have heard of people who could manifest physical objects here, but this has usually been restricted to small things, such as powder or liquid. Although, there are numerous reports of people from ancient cultures making use of this form of manifesting to build entire cities.. or pyramids, for example.

This is essentially pulling it out of one reality (where the pyramid exists and/or can be manifested from thought...both/whichever), and into another by joining them together or by overlapping them momentarily.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 03-05-2017, 01:32 AM
Thank you , 7L..I knew you would get it...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-05-2017, 03:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Thank you , 7L..I knew you would get it...

I knew you would too!!!

And btw it was especially validating to read your acknowledgement of it all...I felt the love from you for all of us, and I really needed it and appreciated it when I read it that day.

It is time, really, isn't it? So many who are awakened or awakening are still trying to put things in boxes and to compartmentalise. Yet it's so silly when there's only one box (so to speak)...hahaha

Peace & blessings,
& much love & light...
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke