Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 31-01-2017, 01:44 PM
Guide

A vision while meditating

I usually meditate while lying down, sometimes on my side like those Buddha statues, I know it's generally not a favored position because of the risk of falling asleep but I feel it "fits" with me. Lying down helps me relax, but it could mean the following vision could just be a dream, but it didn't feel like a dream.

It was like I was sitting upright, but I was lying down. I was in the same room, everything was the same except for one object that was right in front of me. In front of me was a box, it felt like a "gift". It didn't feel like I could just grab it, it just felt like I was a pair of eyes floating in front of it. I had a dream before of being given a gift, but I don't know how to access it.

What should I do? Should I meditate further on this gift?
Some advice on how to better meditate would be helpful too, because the sitting position just doesn't sit right with me.
Old 31-01-2017, 02:28 PM
Deactivated Account
It could have been a superconscious dream. They're a bit different from visions. In a vision you perceive also an image or scenery from the superconsciousness, but it's crystal clear and there is an aliveness to it, which exceeds everything that you can see in the waking world with your physical eyes. And they're mostly about the future/past/beyond. Unfortunatelly I can't find it right now, but if you're interested in seeing someone, when a vision hits in, search on YouTube for the Saint Therese Neumann of Konnersreuth. She was filmed while a vision suddenly appeared, she lost every sense of her surroundings and was talking with opened arms in tongues. Even a little boy that was sitting on her lap first, fell down, as she stood up hasty when it appeared.

Trust your inner guidance. Try going through it rationally and ask your self the question "what could it stand for?". When you meditate close your eyes and focus your gaze between the point of the eyebrows and repeat it. Ask God to help you and be quiet, listen and watch. That's how I would do it.

Don't worry about laying on your back while meditating. I also meditate that way. :-)

Edit: There's visions
Old 31-01-2017, 05:02 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsandee
I usually meditate while lying down, sometimes on my side like those Buddha statues, I know it's generally not a favored position because of the risk of falling asleep but I feel it "fits" with me. Lying down helps me relax, but it could mean the following vision could just be a dream, but it didn't feel like a dream.

It was like I was sitting upright, but I was lying down. I was in the same room, everything was the same except for one object that was right in front of me. In front of me was a box, it felt like a "gift". It didn't feel like I could just grab it, it just felt like I was a pair of eyes floating in front of it. I had a dream before of being given a gift, but I don't know how to access it.

What should I do? Should I meditate further on this gift?
Some advice on how to better meditate would be helpful too, because the sitting position just doesn't sit right with me.
I don't know your purpose why you meditate and what your meditation method.
If your meditation purpose is for spiritual, you already in the right path where you aware that the following vision could just be a dream, but it didn't feel like a dream. The most important is that you aware what arise and disappear/vanish within you, for example your curiosity, your excitement,.... etc while you meditating, including while you see a vision in your meditation. The other things isn't so important. What you don't know or don't understand, one day you will know or understand it.
If your meditation purpose is for other things, I don't know. May be others can help you.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:54 PM
Seeker
Hello

Yes the horizontal position is fine for meditation. ( I am someone who would (humorously) say superior to upright. Both are fine. If you are more drawn to the horizontal you may want to do a search on 'yoga nidra' to give you some ideas of what you can do with this and how to keep your awareness ON through the process of shifting into additional consciousness states.

Attention at the brow, focus on the breath is what does it for me.

Curiosity in the front seat, fear in the back.

Casey
Old 19-03-2017, 01:30 PM
Knower

RSandee, I feel that your visions and dreams reveal that you are very gifted. It's like they are trying to tell you you are set apart, and to focus on developing your gifts and establishing steady connections to your guides.
The 'pair of eyes' seeing the box indicates the soul level; it's who you are as a soul, not in your body, who has this gift. These gifts have been with you lifetime after lifetime.
Lying down for meditation could be because you need to relax your body more to be a trance-like state. Mayeb try some sitting-straight meditation just to compare notes? You might find you get a more ethereal connection when closer to the sleeping state.