Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 11-01-2017, 01:10 PM
Master
What is the best way to make peace with I AM?

As many of you know I have real problems with I AM. I'm trying to make peace with it/myself. What do you think is the best way to make peace with I AM/myself?

I understand that I AM is holy, but I feel it is unholy. The "I" seems unholy to me. I'm so sorry that I am so negative about "I" all the time. How can I make peace?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:11 PM
Master
The truth is I AM scares me!

Old 11-01-2017, 01:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
As many of you know I have real problems with I AM. I'm trying to make peace with it/myself. What do you think is the best way to make peace with I AM/myself?

I understand that I AM is holy, but I feel it is unholy. The "I" seems unholy to me. I'm so sorry that I am so negative about "I" all the time. How can I make peace?
The way I work with life is this: I recognize that all aspects of life are holy. But I know the difference between holy interaction with life, versus unholy thoughts, words, intentions and actions. So for me, it's not about the things themselves being holy or unholy. It's always about how I am interacting with things. I always try to interact with things in a holy way.

But only in the way I consider proper. Because everyone has their own ideas about the proper way to interact. So I try not to judge others' ideas of what proper is. And I expect they won't judge mine.

I'll give you an example of something very YouTube: I watched a Lady Gaga video last week. All the comments spoke about her maturity now, and how she's elevated her art. But to me, she was still slutting around in skimpy clothes and making sexual gestures. I guess my idea of holy is a little more decent than most peoples'. But that's the world we live in. In that case, my holy interaction is not getting upset with people who think that's art. But the art itself... no, I don't consider it at all holy.
Old 11-01-2017, 02:27 PM
Master
The way I look at it is that I am only just a part of "I AM".

I needed to make peace with it too...it was really bugging me, how I could love God and be God simultaneously, until I realised that if this 'I AM' was all omnipotent and omnipresent, limiting it to just 'I AM' nullified the very existence of 'I AM' which only went to prove that "I AM...NOT".

If that was confusing, let's try this one. Let's equate "I AM' with "I am God" or "I am that I am" - I don't remember creating the universe and also there must be a source for all this groovy unconditional love I feel and that ain't me.

I think I explained it at my finest hour yesterday when I said "I am wholly inclusive in all there is, but it doesn't mean I AM all there is". I am a part of it, but I can also become it at times - both states exist, so I cannot fully be the I AM.

That's how I made peace with it - I may be the 'I AM' but there's something out there bigger than the love I feel for it.
Old 11-01-2017, 03:24 PM
Master
Before I retire for the night, I was nodding off...

I AM is an introverted, internal focus of awareness. It confronts your ego directly, your sense of 'personal I' and you feel scared...afraid.

I could tell you there's nothing to fear, but that would only be me saying it.

The way I eventually made peace really, was to turn my whole awareness, my whole perspective from an internal outlook to an external one..

Instead of saying "I AM" I went "EVERYTHING IS"...and I mean EVERYTHING! there is nothing it is not.

This opened me right up to it, my heart, my soul, my everything.

Even talking about it brings feelings of happiness and joy for me.

Everything...everywhere...everytime...yep.

Goodnight SF.
Old 11-01-2017, 04:20 PM
Master

Quote:

Honza,

This is impossible to answer without having some consensus about what I AM really means. My concept will differ greatly from others. For my understanding I have examined all of the I AM statements of Jesus found in the Gospel of John. i.e. I am the bread of life, I am the Good Shepherd, I am the way...truth...life. With each of these statements I have taken the liberty of parenthetically inserting (the) which renders, for example, ..."The I AM is the bread of life.......etc." Understood in this way the I AM is seen as a dynamic force.....perhaps the birth and unveiling of the Spirit within us.....and subsequently gaining familiarity with it to the extent that we can employ it as a directing force.

In conjunction with this is understanding "I". 'I' denotes uniqueness. Only I can call myself 'I'. It is our unique signature. I cannot call you 'I'...that would be nonsensical. When we understand that I is unique(one of a kind) and when we understand the dynamic nature of "I AM" then we can realize God's love for us....we are simply the only model of us that God has ever made. Because of this uniqueness we can then ascertain that each of us has a specific purpose in the constitution of the whole. An exciting and fulfilling mission in life is discovering Self or "I" and then subjecting that to the force of the I AM.
Old 11-01-2017, 04:51 PM
Master
Lovely answers! Thankyou.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:23 PM
Master
Are you thinking from a Christian perspective or a spiritual perspective?

If I AM is to much for you how about starting with WE ARE.

All life/even the inanimate is of the creator energy/being what ever you want to call it. Of course I AM but for me it's more about seeing unity in this one creation of WE ARE.

Just a thought in case it helps

Edit: I see I've just reworded Necros post. I guess that is two of us saying it works :)
Old 12-01-2017, 07:41 AM
Master
Haha....it is funny you should mention that. I'm already hooked on WE ARE. So much so that I do not want to let go and try I AM. It is like I have completely decentralised myself with WE ARE and now I find I have suppressed my I AM.

Think of Freud. If you deny the "I" too long it causes great problems.

Old 12-01-2017, 12:01 PM
Color

Quote:
The truth is I AM scares me!
And where does fear come from...not from God, the Creator,
The Divine or any name you use.
So where are you focusing...what are you opening to?

Peace and clarity come from the Holy Spirit or the Father...the
Divine Mind...so many names to suit the individual's taste.
'That fear' is what I would look at - not the confusion...confusion begets more of the same...
look to what is clear and simple, what you know to be true.

You believe that God is Love, stay with the simplicity of what you know.
That is my advice from experience.
Focus on the heart and it's many ways it expressing itself...
thru kindness, generosity...a simple smile.
It is the devil's, aka the ego's trick to make you feel confused...
a spirit you were not born with.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru