Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 21-11-2016, 12:27 AM
Seeker
My experience with the Land Down Under

I thought I might share some of my experiences with the magical creatures of the land I call home...

Australia seems to have an abundance of elementals and fae. A lot of them I would have no idea what to call them, however some of them have been happy enough to impart information on themselves.

My favorite being is the bunyip (for those who dont know it is a type of shapeshifting water elemental)that had been locked in a bottle brush tree outside my house.

After it had tried communicating with me, I spoke to an aboriginal elder about it 10 odd years ago, and he told me the story about it.

According to legend, the bunyip had been causing mayhem for the local tribe, killing both people and animals. The tribe was shrinking and starving.
The leader of the tribe had had enough of watching his people killed by the being and organized a hunting party to take it out. Although someone was able to wound the creature, the leader and several other tribe members were slain.
The shaman of the tribe was the Chief's brother, and he was heartbroken. He called on all the magic he knew to kill the creature, but the elements of the world around him refused to harm one of their own for doing some that in their eyes, was natural. He managed to broker an agreement with the elaments though after explaining that without the native people, the balance would be broken. The elements agreed to lock the bunyip in a tree for so long as the tribe survived. After that, the creature would be free.

The tree has taken a lot of damage of the years, however even though the other trees around it have suffered lightening strikes or fallen due to strong winds. For a long time you could still make out the face of the bunyip locked in the tree. It's expression would change, though almost always looked like it was screaming in anger or agony. Though as the tree continues to grow, the bunyip has gotten locked further and further in the tree.
Old 21-11-2016, 04:11 AM
Master

Very interesting, thank you for sharing
Old 21-11-2016, 06:01 AM
Seeker
No problem :-)
Old 22-11-2016, 02:13 AM
Super Moderator
It is a fascinating story about the bunyip. Why did the bunyip want to kill people? Why was that natural for it to do? The tree must be very strong to embrace the elemental and also the elements which have damaged the other trees. Yet the trees have consciousness also. That particular tree must have agreed to help the tribe and must be very strong.
Old 22-11-2016, 04:23 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
It is a fascinating story about the bunyip. Why did the bunyip want to kill people? Why was that natural for it to do? The tree must be very strong to embrace the elemental and also the elements which have damaged the other trees. Yet the trees have consciousness also. That particular tree must have agreed to help the tribe and must be very strong.
Aboriginal myth states that bunyip's are carnivores. I'd hazard a guess that it just saw the natives as slightly more intelligent food.

The tree has withstood so much. We also have very salty soil and air because we live less than 5 mins from the beach, though according to the natives the tree has been there for 200 odd years. It's been struck by lightening and a part of it has begun rotting due to said horrid conditions, and it still stands strong.

I'm inclined to agree that the tree must have wanted to help the tribe, as much like the native Indians, they were very attuned to earth and Her elementals.
Old 22-11-2016, 10:32 AM
Master
It reads like a fairytale and I wonder how it came about that you lived with that tree outt side your house. Coincidence or synchronicity?
Old 22-11-2016, 11:15 AM
Seeker
Possibly synchronicity?
The Elder I spoke to I first met when I was 6. He did a talk at my primary school.
Then I met him again when I was 10 at a wildlife sanctuary.
Then I sent a message to the admin team that handles the tribes affairs and he was the one to respond.
We caught up over coffee and laughed a bit over how strange it was that we kept running into each other over the course of my life lol.
Old 22-11-2016, 11:39 AM
Ascender

This is a greater story than you have taken it-- It is of a hidden a lineage of thought; and will most likely find yourself taking the path of the diva--

I am unsure of the qualities of your experience though; as my path which relates to the same story in a greater context; I would be interested in what you experienced; as I haven't met an elemental like that--

The nature of my experience would probably be much more frightening to you; as the same kind of story exists, by these beings whom speak and move through everything; its immensely crazy to see something of such great power truly take an active relationship in expressing its desire to work with me-- Though I don't speak of this nature to people in persons; they do all indeed have enough awareness to know that I am dealing with things beyond their current comprehension, but they only remember long enough to create an unconscious understanding of my nature and what that means to anyone relating to me--

I mean technically, such is weaving around you right now; but that it has not yet been able to fully submit to me, and that plays directly into such the nature of that story hand-- And such this story is important in a vital way--
Old 24-12-2016, 09:50 PM
Master

I just had to look up a bottle brush tree. Beautiful.

Old 24-12-2016, 09:51 PM
Master

Neat story, by the way.