Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 15-03-2017, 12:56 PM
Pathfinder

House rulers and placement confusion

I am very confused about house rulers. When I read things about which sign rules which house and then I look at my natal chart and it shows my first house starts at 16-degrees in Libra and so forth, I see two signs can occupy the same house. So for me, my first house is both Libra and Scorpio, but then Aries is still the natural ruler of the first house in general, so I am unsure how to interpret this or what any of this means.

I know it sounds like a basic question, but I am just delving more deeply into my chart and don't understand this stuff.

I attached my chart for reference.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Natal 1.gif (42.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 15-03-2017, 01:19 PM
Master
If your first house is in Libra then that is how you interpret it. First house is the self, so Libra in first house in the house of self. Cusp of the first house is the Ascendant. This is for your personal natal chart which is unique because its made according to the precise moment, place and day you were born. Your natal chart stays with you throughout life so it is unique, a moment when time is frozen and the unique pattern in the sky is able to give information on the type of lessons you are to live in a lifetime. This applies to your natal chart ( the chart that is made based on your birth details )
The first house Aries that you read about is sun sign astrology. Aries is placed in the first house according to sun sign astrology, its ruler is Mars. The second is Taurus and its ruler is Venus, the third is Gemini and its ruler is Mercury, and so on and so forth. There is co relation between the placement of each zodiac in the houses as in for a deeper interpretation. Each zodiac sign is in analogy to their respective houses of the zodiac. However for a beginner it is wiser not to confuse it with the placements in your natal chart.
Old 15-03-2017, 10:51 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaconLight
I am very confused about house rulers. When I read things about which sign rules which house and then I look at my natal chart and it shows my first house starts at 16-degrees in Libra and so forth, I see two signs can occupy the same house. So for me, my first house is both Libra and Scorpio, but then Aries is still the natural ruler of the first house in general, so I am unsure how to interpret this or what any of this means.

I know it sounds like a basic question, but I am just delving more deeply into my chart and don't understand this stuff.

I attached my chart for reference.

You are correct that two signs can occupy one house (and usually do). I know that astrological houses are confusing, but the systems of dividing up the houses comes from ancient processes that have been validated for thousands of years. Most tropical astrologers find that the Placidus house system is the most accurate for natal charts. (Not all tropical astrologers, but the vast majority and I myself have tested other house systems and found Placidus to be the most accurate. If you don't know what else to use, use Placidus.)

When it comes to the energy or the overall "theme" of the house, that is provided by the house cusp sign. The house cusp is the doorway into the house, so even though your 2nd house has Scorpio and Sagittarius degrees in it, the Scorpio energy is the "doorway in" and we look to the planet associated with the house cusp sign to tell us more about how that house manifests in your life.

For example... your 7th house cusp (desc angle) is Aries so Mars is the 7th house ruler. As a general theme your significant personal one-to-one relationships will resemble Mars qualities. You may like people who take charge, are active, are in the military, etc., but we can also look to your natal Mars for even more clues to what you need in your personal relationships or what your significant other will be like. With Mars in Sagittarius conjunct Uranus and North Node I would assume you need a spontaneous adventurer or a unique philosopher or other combinations of a Sagittarian Uranus. With Mars conjunct the North Node, the person is someone who will help with your evolution of your soul (good stuff).

I hope that makes sense.

By knowing what aspects of your life the natal houses rule you can look to the house cusp rulers for clues to how that energy manifests. Use both the traditional and modern rulers.

Scorpio = Pluto and Mars
Aquarius = Uranus and Saturn
Pisces = Neptune and Jupiter.
Old 15-03-2017, 11:22 PM
Master
I use Placidus also and I won't use anything else.

That is mainly a matter of preference. I have tried other systems and I like my chart to look exactly as it should look. That is Placidus for me.

Personally, I use modern rulers. They just make sense and feel like the energy of the sign. You can use both, or one or the other. Some people are traditionists and they only use the traditional rulers. I only use the modern rulers unless I have a need to consider the traditional ruler.

As for the original question. It has been well answered.