Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Aromatherapy

Old 23-09-2016, 10:31 PM
Guide
Question Beginner to Aromatherapy

I'm a beginner to Aromatherapy. It has always interest me. I'm planning on buying a book to learn more about the oils and maybe one day I'd like to make my own one day.

As a beginner I'd like to ask what oils are great to start off with. I know everyone has their own opinions about this. I'd like to hear what other people have to say about this though. I know there's a lot of different kinds of brands online and I'm sure I'll find one that I can afford.

Well I look forward to hearing your suggestions and opinions.
Old 28-09-2016, 10:32 AM
Knower

Aromatherapy, or essential oils therapy, is using a plant's aroma-producing oils (essential oils) to treat disease. Essential oils are taken from a plant's flowers, leaves, stalks, bark, rind, or roots. The oils are mixed with another substance (such as oil, alcohol, or lotion) and then put on the skin, sprayed in the air, or inhaled....

Edited by SF Staff re: copy paste rule.
To read more please go here:
http://www.webmd.com/balance/stress-...topic-overview

Last edited by Tobi : 04-11-2016 at 01:26 AM.
Old 28-09-2016, 10:32 AM
Knower

Aromatherapy may promote relaxation and help relieve stress. It has also been used to help treat a wide range of physical and mental conditions, including burns, infections, depression, insomnia, and high blood pressure......

Edited by SF Staff re: copy paste rule.
To read more, please go here:

http://www.webmd.com/balance/stress-...topic-overview

Last edited by Tobi : 04-11-2016 at 01:22 AM.
Old 28-09-2016, 06:12 PM
Master
I started out with a basic kit, which included a book listing the cautions for individual oils. The oils in the kit were Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Rosemary and Eucalyptus.

Some books will state a basic first aid kit of oils. It's good to find a local shop/supplier which sells lots of oils, as it means the ones that you get are likely to be fresher :)
Old 28-09-2016, 07:05 PM
Pathfinder

My opinion is that there's no exact science to essential oils. There is plenty of information, which is sometimes even conflicting. So the best way is to experiment and find out what works the best for you. Keeping a journal is also a good thing, so that you can follow the effects of different oils.

I would suggest buying a book with safety information on the different oils. Some of them are not safe for children, during pregnancy, may cause skin irritation. In any case, I wish you a lot off success exploring this great field.

sunnyray
Old 06-10-2016, 03:51 PM
Guide
Thank you for everyone's responds. I love learning about different things and reading information about different topics. I found books online and plan on ordering one online sometime soon. All the information that was given to me by each individual was very helpful to me!
Old 04-11-2016, 07:17 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted_DreamFaerie
I'm a beginner to Aromatherapy. It has always interest me. I'm planning on buying a book to learn more about the oils and maybe one day I'd like to make my own one day.

As a beginner I'd like to ask what oils are great to start off with. I know everyone has their own opinions about this. I'd like to hear what other people have to say about this though. I know there's a lot of different kinds of brands online and I'm sure I'll find one that I can afford.

Well I look forward to hearing your suggestions and opinions.

Hi Enchanted dream faerie

Essential oils are amazing. They can altar your mood Lavender for example, help with skin problems tea tree for example, relieves stress sandalwood, frankincense. Some oils are irritants when applied directly to skin so it's a good idea to dilute them in carrier oils when using on skin. You can put them in the bath, after a stressful day tho.

They can be slightly expensive tbh, especially when they become part of your daily routine, but it's worth it as there is a use for everything.

I would recommend starting with Lavender and Tea Tree oil, these oils are versatile and safer than other oils to apply to skin. Lavender is a mood enhancer and great for skin also smells amazing, good for headaches, helps with sleep, insect repellent. Tea tree oil is antifungal, anti bacteria, antiviral especially good for this time of year with colds doing the rounds, is good for beauty problems spots etc