Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 18-06-2017, 01:59 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
You speak of beliefs, and I agree. You never seem to mention eternal truth, and I keep pointing that out. Two different things.

God is a belief-specific concept.
Heaven and hell are belief-specific concepts.
Spirit is eternal truth.
The soul is eternal truth.

Do you not see the humor in this? Anything that we would assign-to or to think-about in relation to 'eternal 'truth' would also be based souly on beliefs. Just because we dress those beliefs in such a way that suggests otherwise, we are still stuck with applying beliefs none the less.

How can we then say there are two different things when we're still applying the same process to both? :)
Old 18-06-2017, 03:20 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70
I kinda wonder if there's a kind of consciousness that's developed in our DNA. I've wondered about this for some time. This seems to be what you're saying, organic born, without saying it...if I'm understanding you correctly.
This has been a busy week on this end, starting a farm is no easy task, finally, I have a few moments to walk along with you a bit on this subject. :)

First we need to unravel the term 'consciousness' in this case. We tend to think that consciousness is the process of thought. That we think, therefore we are conscious. So when addressing consciousness within DNA we're mulling over the idea that DNA could think, plan, and selectively execute based on conscious observations and comparative thinking. I suspect that we humans are the only ones doing such a thing, and of course the results vary in creatively unique ways. So much so that if all of nature was doing the same thing what a mess natural selection would be! The human way of thinking is essentially unstable. In just one lifetime our thoughts about things can sway dramatically, and this based on conditional input. While nature is comparatively far more stable, so our DNA would likely reflect a more steady set of selective assumptions.

I was watching a program on mountain goats the other day and watched something that's truly quite interesting. There was a coyote in the background watching while a mother was giving birth to a baby mountain goat. The moment the baby hit ground the coyote started moving in. The baby goat took a moment to orient and then immediately responded to the threat that it was under. In less that 15 seconds or so the baby goat was navigating complex pathways among the rocks with the coyote hot on it's tail. The newborn exhibited incredible dexterity and an ability to plan it's next move. It found a spot in the rocks that it could reach and the coyote couldn't. It checkmated a grown coyote within a minute or so of being born.

So what part did DNA play in this? It clearly appears that there are variables in place that provided the newborn with an ability to selectively evaluate among a complexity of options. The baby goat seemed innately conscious of the immediate threat and then consciously chose the best options among what was available.

We humans, on the other hand, take 'far longer' than this to awaken to our environment in order to make these kinds of critical choices. It would almost seem that we're slow upstarts as to our ability to make use of any of the kinds of options that seem available almost instantly to those that we deem aren't as smart as we are.

Our DNA still has us programmed to suckle, to cry when we have needs, to look cute so our parents will allow us to live through the really tough developmental years. :) There are genetic predispositions that we have inclinations to act on in a notably compelling way. Our ability to talk is a genetic predisposition, while the language we chose to talk in would be more culturally inspired. Our drive to eat food, our drive to have sex, our whole host of fears from spiders and snakes to lions and drowning are all being demonstrated as predisposed inclinations that would conceivably be seen as a genetic propensity.

Does that mean that DNA has consciousness? Probably not in the way that we've interpreted consciousness to be, but perhaps it's a consciousness that's far more stable, and far more intelligent, than our opinion of what consciousness is.
Old 20-06-2017, 10:37 PM
Experiencer

Thanks for the reply, organic born.
Yep. All of what you've said makes sense to me. The existence of consciousness is different than the "physical" world. We can examine our physical world. What we find can be tested and retested and solid research done to arrive at our findings. Not so with consciousness.

So, is there a gene in DNA that explains instinct?
Old 21-06-2017, 02:02 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Thanks for the reply, organic born.
Yep. All of what you've said makes sense to me. The existence of consciousness is different than the "physical" world. We can examine our physical world. What we find can be tested and retested and solid research done to arrive at our findings. Not so with consciousness.

Genetics is replication
Consciousness is Presence

Consciousness is the I in relation to our continual awareness of simply being
while Genetics provides the physical vehicle of senses and base framework that our I is continually being entertained-by and channeled through

What genetics does is simply astounding. It not only replicates all the components that are essential for our bodies to work in the way that they do, they also provide the alignment for these components to coordinate in a functionally uniform manor. Our eyes see, our ears hear, our hand feels.. each are separate streams of massively complex information, of a notably different function, and yet they are processed as a composite, and they align as a unified experience.

This all works so well that our consciousness becomes engulfed in the base rhythm of this experience. Our consciousness is presence, Genetics is replication.

This is not at all a bad thing. It's actually quite remarkable.

As universal experiences go this one is pretty profound. Do we have tools that lay outside of our collection of physical senses,?, of course we do, we are spiritual beings living a physical experience. Should we long for those tools all along berating ourselves over the nature of our current entanglement? Not even a little bit!

If the experience of linear time exists only in this format then we're currently involved in something specifically unique. One, then, would have to be physical in order to experience ourselves in this manor. Same goes for everything else that constantly comes up as a limitation in some way. Our bodies and our senses are tuned to this wavelength while our consciousness has blended quite nicely with the process. There is nothing to run from, nothing to fix, and nothing to even remotely lament about in terms of the experience itself.

Our attention is best placed on interactive functionality while embedded within the rhythms of this paradigm. We are present within this context for a notably limited period. Lets look around and participate and perfect what we can, the curtain will close soon enough, so why not enjoy this version of time (and everything else) while we navigate the uniqueness of this stage. :)
Old 21-06-2017, 02:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
Our attention is best placed on interactive functionality while embedded within the rhythms of this paradigm. We are present within this context for a notably limited period. Lets look around and participate and perfect what we can, the curtain will close soon enough, so why not enjoy this version of time (and everything else) while we navigate the uniqueness of this stage. :)
Well conceptualized and said, OB. This is what 'in'carnation offers as a possibility which would could not be played with otherwise.

Some find said circumstance to be unduly restricting', others find it unduly stressfull, i.e. spirit-overwhelming. Getting 'back' to a 'purely' spiritual state therefore appeals to them as a 'goal'. Reminds me of the proverbial kid who wants to "pick up his marbles and go 'home'."

Last edited by davidsun : 21-06-2017 at 06:01 PM.
Old 21-06-2017, 05:26 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
Genetics is replication
Consciousness is Presence

I'm in complete agreement...!
Old 21-06-2017, 06:03 PM
Master
Quote:
I'm in complete agreement...!
FYI, I wouldn't have 'guessed' that on the basis of what you verbalized in your posts.

What's 'up' with that, bro?
Old 22-06-2017, 02:01 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
FYI, I wouldn't have 'guessed' that on the basis of what you verbalized in your posts.

What's 'up' with that, bro?
I have no idea of why you feel I agree with OrganicBorn's statement might be contradictory to what I've verbalized without sighting at least one example. Please be more specific.
Old 22-06-2017, 02:31 PM
Master
Quote:
I have no idea of why you feel I agree with OrganicBorn's statement might be contradictory to what I've verbalized without sighting at least one example. Please be more specific.
On reviewing this thread, I see that was confused about who said what 'n when and can't figure out why. My apologies, MARDAV70.
Old 22-06-2017, 02:40 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Well conceptualized and said, OB. This is what 'in'carnation offers as a possibility which would could not be played with otherwise.

Some find said circumstance to be unduly restricting', others find it unduly stressfull, i.e. spirit-overwhelming. Getting 'back' to a 'purely' spiritual state therefore appeals to them as a 'goal'. Reminds me of the proverbial kid who wants to "pick up his marbles and go 'home'."
I was reading one of Frank DeMarco's channeled books not long ago and it was mentioned that we each have roughly 30 or so guides/soul-based-influences working along with us at any given time. He wrote that some of these influences have experienced several lifetimes already while other influences haven't experienced a one. Upon reading this I purposefully went into a very quiet state-of-mind and politely requested that all influences that didn't already have a life-time experience be purposefully removed from my team. It's obvious to me that if they don't have the guts to do what all of us here are involved-in, on a day to day basis, then their influence would be choppy, at best.

We are here, we are present, we are engaged in what clearly feels real. The idea that we should be dreaming about elsewhere has never felt functionally viable in regards to our issues at hand. When it's time to go home we go home, while in terms of the present, there's an endless diversity of fascinating and riveting stuff within easy reach for being openly explored! :)