Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 15-05-2017, 10:46 PM
Deactivated Account
Book1 Looking for a physicist and a mathmetician

Hi, I've cooked up another dimension and want to see if it's plausible by running it passed a physicist and mathematician.

It's a 4th physical dimension. Could have implications for marrying spirituality with science (hence why I came here).

Wish me luck
Old 19-05-2017, 03:34 AM
Experiencer

...marrying spirituality with science...it seems that may have been what alchemy was about.

Sorry, Aaron...I'm not a physicist or mathematician, so I can't help you there. But...Jim Gates, quantum physicist, has some interesting things to say about physics. You can check him out on YouTube.
Old 22-05-2017, 03:27 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Lowe
Hi, I've cooked up another dimension and want to see if it's plausible by running it passed a physicist and mathematician.

It's a 4th physical dimension. Could have implications for marrying spirituality with science (hence why I came here).

Wish me luck

Good luck, I take it you know there are numerous spacial and temporal dimension conserved of, just curious how your new dimension varries.
By the way - I know your path has been tried and so - It may seem like the way to go - Me, I'd rather be found - Trying something new - I gotta go find my own way - I gotta go make my own mistakes - Sorry for feeling, feeling the way I do
[b]
Old 22-05-2017, 12:35 PM
Master
What's a 'physical dimension'?
Old 25-05-2017, 11:18 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
What's a 'physical dimension'?

As opposed to a non physical dimension. We have modelled dozens of dimensions that theoretically exist but none of them have any qualities we can measure here, in physical reality. A physical dimension can be measured just like any other physical dimension can. The one I am positing is folded out in our dimension at least as much as the other recognised 3, so it can be viewed, measured and is predictable.

Sometimes time is referred to as a separate dimension but I don't personally see time as a physical dimension. Maybe spacetime, but not time. It's all just models anyway. We make it real in our minds.
Old 25-05-2017, 11:21 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin
Good luck, I take it you know there are numerous spacial and temporal dimension conserved of, just curious how your new dimension varries.

I'll supply a link to the idea when I get back to Scotland. Limited internet access at the moment. Was attending my dad's funeral.
Old 25-05-2017, 11:22 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70
Jim Gates, quantum physicist, has some interesting things to say about physics. You can check him out on YouTube.

Thanks. I'll do that :)
Old 25-05-2017, 01:16 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Lowe
I'll supply a link to the idea when I get back to Scotland. Limited internet access at the moment. Was attending my dad's funeral.

Ok thanks, sounds interesting.

Sorry
By the way - I know your path has been tried and so - It may seem like the way to go - Me, I'd rather be found - Trying something new - I gotta go find my own way - I gotta go make my own mistakes - Sorry for feeling, feeling the way I do
[b]
Old 15-06-2017, 05:37 PM
Deactivated Account
Sorry for the long delay. My father's funeral and moving flat all came together at once.

I posted a longer description of my idea on Quora:
Unfortunately I'm not allowed to post URL links yet so you'd have to go to Quora and search "What are some examples of strange thinkings of people?" then find the answer posted by Aaron Lowe (that's me ).

Because it is different than our colloquial understanding of 3D space even I find it difficult to describe my own idea, but I know something's there, even if all I've described is another way to look at 3D space (like Cartesian or whatnot).

I've found someone who might be able to understand the concept better, just waiting for their reply.
Old 15-06-2017, 05:40 PM
Deactivated Account
Here's a copy of the whole idea I posted. I haven't fleshed it out much further. This is just a deposit of what was in my head on the day I wrote it. I'd only developed the idea in my head for a few months before.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

In answer in Quora to:
"What are some examples of strange thinkings of people?"

Here’s one I made up myself.

The 4th physical dimension.

Look at the first 3 physical dimensions from a Cartesian perspective. x, y, and z on the graph. Each dimension measures a unique quantity that follows these 3 rules.

1. It cannot be represented by any other dimensional quantity.
2. It must connect with all other dimensions at point zero.
3. It is infinitely increasable and decreasable.

Well, there’s a 4th directional physical dimension that fits all those rules but cannot be represented by x, y or z. I.e. it cannot be represented by left/right, up/down, or here/there.

This 4th physical dimension intersects with the other 3 physical dimensions at point zero.

This 4th physical dimension is infinitely increasable and decreasable.

Finally, this 4th physical dimension is not abstract. It exists and can be measured and observed just as much as the other dimensions can.

So, what is the 4th physical dimension? I’d love to show you but I don’t know how to represent it on a 2D screen or piece of paper. So, I’ll try to define it with words.

I call this dimension the in/out dimension. Lets say point zero is you. There is left and right of you (x), up and down from you (y) and here and there from you (z). Likewise there is inwards and outwards from you (io).

Can io be observed? Yes. Positive addition leads to the universe around you. Negative subtraction leads to the inner universe within you.

Can this be applied to other points in space? Yes. Imagine an atom. Positive io goes through elements, molecular chemical connections, materials, space and eventually the whole universe and beyond. Negative io lead to subatomic particles, quantum probability fields, superstrings or similarly abstract substrate and eventually right down to zero point/Planck level and infinitely deeper.

Imagine the scene from Ant Man where the guy can’t stop shrinking. He’s just moving along the io dimension.

Ok, before people cry loony tunes, let me point out that all dimensions are to some degree arbitrary. As long as they can be used as a model to predict what is observed consistently enough, then we believe that the real universe fits the model (until something contradicts the model and we’re forced to remodel). I’m just throwing one more dimension into the mix.

What is the potential of modelling the universe in 4 physical dimensions?

Well, for starters it isn’t just a meaningless mapping of coordinates that lead everywhere and nowhere at the same time, as x, y and z do. So what if there are other planets, other galaxies and other universes. So what? It’s just more of the same stuff. Boooorrringg!

But, travelling along the io dimension is truly amazing. Travel out from point zero and you become increasingly complex and vast. Travel in and you become increasingly simple and singular. Unlike religions where you have to sacrifice (often literally) the outside world in order to travel towards the inner world, with the io physical dimension, at no point are you ever disconnected as long as you travel along the dimensional line. And since there are infinite points in the universe there are also infinite intersections between all dimensions, so you always remain connected. No need to sacrifice the outside world no matter how far down the rabbit hole you dive. The second you’re not comfortable with it, you’re back where you started. Nothing lost.

So, the io physical dimension allows feelings and spirituality to be incorporated into science. Without that fundamental acceptance and understanding of how feelings and spirituality (i.e. self reality) intersect with the universe around us, we are effectively blind to them. Feelings have no meaning in the x,y,z world. Nor does the self or spirituality. It creates a clockwork orange of a universe no less horrible than the story by the same name. But because it is actually real and is everywhere we go, we can’t abandon this reality absolutely. It still gnaws away at us challenging us to improve our view (or maybe “in prove” our view).

The other thing I like about this io dimensional view is it ties in perfectly with quantum mechanics. Actually, it leads to stronger mathematics that can open up quantum physics so that everyone can understand it easily.

Personally I think quantum physics could and should be taught in preschool. It’s that easy to understand if you acknowledge the existence of the io dimension.