Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 10-10-2017, 06:15 PM
Seeker
Red face My first experience of stillness

Hello everyone, I hope you're well.

I figured I'd post about my first, well, profound experience during meditation. This happened about a year or two ago, it was one of the first meditations I did. I remember sitting cross legged in my computer chair because I don't have any other space to do this, it was nighttime as well, I chose to do this at night because I didn't want to be disturbed by my family.

I think I was listening to a guided meditation but quickly stopped paying attention to it and 'zoned out,' once I regained awareness I was greeted by a peculiar feeling of calm that I haven't experienced before. I remember recognizing just how empty my mind was, usually I find my mind is always chattering away to the point it causes me annoyance, but now it was almost completely motionless. A thought would occasionally come into my mind but It was like I had heightened awareness on an inner level and the thought would pop in and pop out, almost as if I shifted above the thought in a weird way. Then I noticed I could not feel my body at all, I couldn't even feel myself breathe, and I wasn't scared at all, once again I felt extremely calm and peaceful, and that everything was OK. It was like in the back of my head I knew I could return to my body anytime, I also couldn't hear anything from the physical anymore. I also distinctly remember trying to focus on my nostrils and breathe and remember so... so faintly being able to feel myself breathe, as If my body or mind gave me confirmation everything was OK, and then as soon as I stopped actively focusing on my breathe and body I returned to this floaty peaceful mental space.

At the time I was inexperienced and didn't have any expectations for this session, I was also interested in lucid dreaming, so me, being quite dumb decided to talk to myself inside my head instead of enjoying the stillness. My logic being I was likely more connected to my subconscious and therefore it would be easier to plant the seed of lucid dreaming in my head. I know, I should've enjoyed the stillness instead of trying to implant any intentions or desires. I have since learned. Also I noticed I felt much more in control and I felt as if I could hear my thoughts better, it was amazing.

This session also radiated happiness and peace for literally days after the initial session, it was so incredible. I haven't yet reached this state again.

Thank you for reading, I would love to hear your opinion or similar experience.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:57 AM
Guide
Well when you are using chair, you no need sitting cross legged. you can sit straight your trunk, neck and head must be aligned in ease.
Yes your tht session was successful. Try to meditate in thoughtless state. if thought arise dont worry let that thought pass and again start thoughtlessness.
you breathe shall be pauseless serene and tranquil.
Old 11-10-2017, 03:00 AM
Guide
Your eyes must be locked on one dott inclosed eyelids 1 meter away from you and ignore every visuals which arise in your eyes.