Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 28-01-2017, 06:32 AM
Deactivated Account

Astral Projection through Meditation(From Waking State)[help]

Hi guys,
I will try to keep it short but complete.
I am trying to project from waking state, meditation to astral. I can't continue indirect methods(as called in PHASE practice) because of lack of time. I have HAD success with those though.

I sit for about an hour(can go more) in meditation controlling my thoughts. I won't say I am completely without any thoughts. I take help of any word(mantra) first to remove random thoughts. Then I can completely shut my thought process down for a few minutes.(can see instinctual thoughts arising sometimes. It's like- I don't think about anything but know it, as if I had thought several ideas in an instant. That's why I am calling then instinctual thoughts)

Now, my point is, I don't try to do anything to project. I just stay there quiet (expecting spontaneous signals/projection). But it does not happen. I stay there quiet. When I try to deploy any technique, I become aware of my body and then nothing happens, I have to try again to go to thoughtless state.

Can you share your insights here? What can I try to project from this state?
Old 03-02-2017, 03:22 AM
Seeker
Awareness and observation is critical.

Know that the moment you close your eyes you are IN the new environment. Now it is a matter of perceiving. And riding the perceiving. Not many can shift from a fully conscious state. But a few things you may begin perceiving if you are successful is 1) non-locality, being unable to tell where your body is in the room in which it is [do *not try to remember just observe] 2) being unable to feel your body or parts of your body 3) feeling like you are in more than one place in the room 4) sounds that should be there are missing [like the ticking of a clock, birds chirping, etc]. Just to name a few. If these are in effect you have fully shifted. Keep making observations and enjoy how the experience(s pattern out. As you are ready.

Casey
Old 03-02-2017, 06:51 AM
Seeker
It took me years to be successful one time. Your state (attitude, energy level, awakeness, determination, focus) must align in a positive overabundance. I laid on a bed in a quiet room, eyes closed, relaxing all muscles, concentrating on the bottom portion of my body, projecting a feeling of heaviness upon the underside of my legs. The alignment took awhile, it didn't happen in twenty minutes. Good luck.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:09 AM
Guide

Good question, BlazingEssence.

The best results I've had from meditation is that it teaches you to keep the mind quiet in order to perceive the wider consciousness. But meditation is not the end goal, it is just the tool.

Becoming conscious out of body is a very subtle, gentle and (in the words of my good friend on the subject) 'sublime' process.

If we are concentrating too much on our technique, we may well have lost the goal which is not to astral project, but to connect with the extended consciousness and 'grow up' so to speak.

It really is about being open minded.
As Casey wisely says, it's about observation.
And also as Perpetual Motion says, it is about attitude.

"Live gracefully with uncertainty
be open minded but sceptical"
Tom Campbell

http://www.thetwilightnexus.com - astral projection, lucid dreaming, meditation, OBE
Old 03-02-2017, 08:32 AM
Seeker
Avilucis wrote
Quote:
Becoming conscious out of body is a very subtle, gentle and (in the words of my good friend on the subject) 'sublime' process.

I do not meditate in general so I am not on the inside of that endeavor. My goal was to separate my conscious soul from my physical body which I did. It was not subtle, gentle, or sublime. It was an abrupt blackout like the light of my mind was switched off momentarily and switched back on which was shocking and I was already separated after that occurrence.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:23 AM
Deactivated Account

Hey Guys,
Thanks for your input. I too agree that consciousness(observation) has to be maintained. And as for body, I can't feel my body when I am in meditation, it only happens when I try to use some technique and get out of my still state of mind.

I have got my answer though. THANKS GUYS.