Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful to you?
It was helpful and I will use it in my meditations/life. 4 40.00%
It was helpful but I will not implement anything in it. 2 20.00%
I could not understand it/needed more information. 0 0%
It was too long and I didn't read all of it. 1 10.00%
I disagree with what it said. 1 10.00%
I have no opinions or thoughts about it-don't care. 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Experiencer
I'm very happy about my progress today-- as I was meditating, I would sense the energy in the earth, and as I sensed the stronger forms of it, I would then project the intention for that energy to enter my body, focusing it on my body. Previously I had only been trying to sort of 'pull' the energy in with my spirit, but now I'm doing a mixture of that and the focused intent onto the energy and I think I'm getting more steady results. The energy is coming in on a more consistent basis, and I'm very happy about that because it means I'm covering one of my goals to be able to draw it in a constant basis moreso than before, rather than getting spurts of the energy each time I would try to pull it in. I'm hoping this means that I'm speeding myself to forming a closer connection to the earth in comparison to what I was doing before- satisfied with the new development and I'm glad I'm posting it here so I can look at my personal acheivement for future inspiration. =]
Old 19-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
That's a slippery slope. Try not to hold any expectations or to compare today's meditation with yesterday's. Especially when you have one of those life changing spiritual moments it is easy to want to relive that sense of connection. Its also easy to become dissatisfied with 'normal' meditation. Fact is, some days your are more connected than others. Try to take each session by itself and get what you can from it without thought to what came before or what will come after. This is good advice for life in general but especially for energy work and meditation.

This is very good advice :)
I was also a very impatient person having to learn this lesson!
Old 19-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sozerius
I'm very happy about my progress today-- as I was meditating, I would sense the energy in the earth, and as I sensed the stronger forms of it, I would then project the intention for that energy to enter my body, focusing it on my body. Previously I had only been trying to sort of 'pull' the energy in with my spirit, but now I'm doing a mixture of that and the focused intent onto the energy and I think I'm getting more steady results. The energy is coming in on a more consistent basis, and I'm very happy about that because it means I'm covering one of my goals to be able to draw it in a constant basis moreso than before, rather than getting spurts of the energy each time I would try to pull it in. I'm hoping this means that I'm speeding myself to forming a closer connection to the earth in comparison to what I was doing before- satisfied with the new development and I'm glad I'm posting it here so I can look at my personal acheivement for future inspiration. =]

this is awesome, good job! Are you meditating out in nature? I personally find it is more intense working with earth energies out in natural environments, though you can do it anywhere. I like to attach ethereal cords/roots into the ground and spread healing energies into the earth, or take earth energies in. Have you tried elemental energy work?
Old 20-03-2011, 04:36 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala
this is awesome, good job! Are you meditating out in nature? I personally find it is more intense working with earth energies out in natural environments, though you can do it anywhere. I like to attach ethereal cords/roots into the ground and spread healing energies into the earth, or take earth energies in. Have you tried elemental energy work?

Well, I'm working with the earth, trying to connect to it's energies, wouldnt that be elemental energy work? :P
Old 20-03-2011, 06:09 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Well, I'm working with the earth, trying to connect to it's energies, wouldnt that be elemental energy work? :P

when you work with different elements you tend to more focus on the energies of wind, fire, earth, water or storm. The storm element, is all four elements (i include storm as an element because it's my favourite to work with). The elements are a part of earth, and harnessing and working with those elemental energies is quite fantastic feeling!
Old 20-03-2011, 06:54 AM
Experiencer
Ah. I think we may have different beliefs concerning the elements.
Old 20-03-2011, 07:04 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Ah. I think we may have different beliefs concerning the elements.

yes of course, most of us do have different beliefs here, was just trying to be helpful
Old 20-03-2011, 07:31 AM
Sangress

Sozerius, have you considered actually blending and fusing your energy with the earths? (after you are given permission and feel you are ready, of course.)

As of now it seems your just dipping a toe into that reservoir of ancient energy and consciousness, and then once your meditation is finished letting the energy leech out of you until the next time you test it.

Why not taste it? Consume it? Become it?

I find it to be very fulfilling, myself, though my senses become overloaded easily with that kind of vast connection and I never really took the time to build up my strength so I could continue to be further immersed in it all.

I'm satisfied with what I've been offered from the earth and what I have offered the earth itself even though I never went as far as I could have gone.

Naturally we are connected to the earth and nature, but to be a true part of it you need to be One with all of it. :)
Old 20-03-2011, 07:51 AM
Master

Quote:
Maybe you're being encouraged to raise kundalini?
Old 20-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
Sozerius, have you considered actually blending and fusing your energy with the earths? (after you are given permission and feel you are ready, of course.)

As of now it seems your just dipping a toe into that reservoir of ancient energy and consciousness, and then once your meditation is finished letting the energy leech out of you until the next time you test it.

Why not taste it? Consume it? Become it?

I find it to be very fulfilling, myself, though my senses become overloaded easily with that kind of vast connection and I never really took the time to build up my strength so I could continue to be further immersed in it all.

I'm satisfied with what I've been offered from the earth and what I have offered the earth itself even though I never went as far as I could have gone.

Naturally we are connected to the earth and nature, but to be a true part of it you need to be One with all of it. :)

Hey Sangress, I really appreciate what you have said here. I do think that it may be useful to do all of these things with the earth.

I do just want to say for one though- as I connect to the earth I am learning to connect, gradually, stronger than before. It is really a major work in progress, but in the end my goal is to be able to connect with the purpose of receiving and being able to manipulate the energy. Yes I did try meshing my energy with the earth just yesterday actually, and perhaps some of the mental techniques I employed may have resembled consumption and also trying to become a part of the energy of the earth. However I did not try tasting it etc. I may try that, it could be useful to an extent. On the other hand, focusing on too many things at once might take up my attention and actually become a distraction. My ultimate goal of the connection is really so that I can utilize that kind of power towards manifestation on a physical level- so I want to put as much of my focus and attention, and time, as possible towards exercising my connection to the energy on a level that will allow me to utilise it in the future, and connect to stronger forms of energy that I will want to use for that sort of purpose.

I'm not trying to be immersed in it as much as I'm trying to create a strong, tangible connection that will allow my to draw on it for power. And also that will allow me to make more powerful connections to spirits that also draw energy from the earth in the future. The connections that I am wanting to make are somewhat natural- yet they are not typically a given unless you strive to create them on a spiritual level through effort, time and continuously striving to make it happen.

It may seem to you that I am only dipping a toe into it- but I am only able to do so much at once. My abilities didn't start out so strong that I could just pull up the very forces of nature out of the ground :P However, I do want to develop them so that I can manipulate the physical, as I indicated in the section of my OP where I was talking about my goals of all this, in the end.