Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 27-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Master
so anyone here ever read Jane Robert's "Seth"? Jane was brilliant but i found it rather sad that she felt compelled to manifest a male personality in order to convey her genius.
Old 27-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Deactivated Account

Internal Queries,

I haven't read " Seth " but I am curious about your statement that
"she felt compelled to manifest a male personality in order to convey her genius.".

Did she say this ? or maybe a male personality just showed up and a female one didn't - just luck of the draw so to speak ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 27-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
Internal Queries,

I haven't read " Seth " but I am curious about your statement that
"she felt compelled to manifest a male personality in order to convey her genius.".

Did she say this ? or maybe a male personality just showed up and a female one didn't - just luck of the draw so to speak ?

Dream Angel xx

well, the reason i say this is because i don't believe that channellers are channelling for separate entities but are channelling some portion of their own minds/ the combined consciousness. IMO "Seth" was a creation of HER mind ... not the other way around.

Jane was product of our male dominated society and perhaps subconsciously she felt that the complex and innovative ideas she was conveying would be better accepted if they were coming from a male entity.

Jane began channelling for "Seth" in 1964 and was the forerunner of today's new age movement. she was ahead of her time and her amazing concepts are today being confirmed by quantum physicists. i just feel that SHE should the credit ... not "Seth".
Old 27-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Deactivated Account

oh I see, thank you for explaining that to me. I should probably read those books sometime, they are mentioned quite often.

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 27-01-2011, 11:22 PM
themaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
so anyone here ever read Jane Robert's "Seth"?
Yep
Quote:
Jane was brilliant but i found it rather sad that she felt compelled to manifest a male personality in order to convey her genius.
I unlike you don't believe she was lying or making up a "personality".. I believe she was channeling higher knowledge.. something that's been done by many people..

I think validating peoples truths is the universal theory to understanding the world!

You could tell me you channel "Davey Jones" and I'd validate your truth.. I think if you looked at the world from a validation viewpoint and less a "there are liars" viewpoint you might get closer to a truth of understanding allthatis
Old 28-01-2011, 05:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster
YepI unlike you don't believe she was lying or making up a "personality".. I believe she was channeling higher knowledge.. something that's been done by many people..

I think validating peoples truths is the universal theory to understanding the world!

You could tell me you channel "Davey Jones" and I'd validate your truth.. I think if you looked at the world from a validation viewpoint and less a "there are liars" viewpoint you might get closer to a truth of understanding allthatis

you misunderstand. i did not say that Jane was "lying" or "making up" a personality. i said she CREATED a personality, a MALE personality through which she could confidently convey the higher knowledge to which she had found access. for all her brilliance Jane would be a product of her era, an era in which male domination was still crushingly heavy and even she may have felt herself unworthy and incapable of the genius that was emerging from her skull. so she created "Seth", an aspect herself who was male and who therefore was allowed to be a genius, who had the authority to impart to the world Jane's amazing concepts. i do not wish to imply that Jane was deliberately tricking people. only that she created "Seth" out of her subconscious as a survival mechanism and a megaphone.

PS. do me a favor. don't validate my concepts if you believe them to be **. i prefer honesty to new-agey- airy-fairy-respect-every-rediculous-notion "validation". i'd rather debate the merits of my ideas and theories with you than receive your condescension.
Old 28-01-2011, 07:33 AM
Ivy

Quote:
you misunderstand. i did not say that Jane was "lying" or "making up" a personality. i said she CREATED a personality, a MALE personality through which she could confidently convey the higher knowledge to which she had found access. for all her brilliance Jane would be a product of her era, an era in which male domination was still crushingly heavy and even she may have felt herself unworthy and incapable of the genius that was emerging from her skull. so she created "Seth", an aspect herself who was male and who therefore was allowed to be a genius, who had the authority to impart to the world Jane's amazing concepts. i do not wish to imply that Jane was deliberately tricking people. only that she created "Seth" out of her subconscious as a survival mechanism and a megaphone.

PS. do me a favor. don't validate my concepts if you believe them to be **. i prefer honesty to new-agey- airy-fairy-respect-every-rediculous-notion "validation". i'd rather debate the merits of my ideas and theories with you than receive your condescension.

When I channel, the conciousness can feel male or female - its not sexed, its just part of the metaphoric 'feeling'. I write stories and the characters I recognise as myself may be either male ot female. So it may not be that she chose the sex, but that she channelled the predominanty energy of the time. There are many possibilities...it seems a bit pressumptiousness to say it was a shame she did it for this or that reason.
Old 28-01-2011, 12:36 PM
themaster

Quote:
i said she CREATED a personality
In a way this is a statement of invalidation.. a statement of judgment.. lying just as I said.. that's the way I see it

We have roles here we call females and males.. but we are the same energy, same people.. and the configuration of male/female is also ending..

From a realistic approach you do have to wonder why what she was channeled identified as "male" just as ramtha's channel was also "male" now that I think of it.. many of the better channels today do not identify sex.. and I think if pushed you'd find many now say we do not have those roles.. those are human roles.. I also think "heather" brings some interesting information on this..
Quote:
It is you who feels "condescension" not me.. for I have approached this conversation with you as a equal.. I still feel that referring to it as "creation" is still saying "liar" but I understand your perspective better now
Old 28-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxheatherxx
When I channel, the conciousness can feel male or female - its not sexed, its just part of the metaphoric 'feeling'. I write stories and the characters I recognise as myself may be either male ot female. So it may not be that she chose the sex, but that she channelled the predominanty energy of the time. There are many possibilities...it seems a bit pressumptiousness to say it was a shame she did it for this or that reason.

i'm taking into consideration the environment of her era and the psychology her era created. yes exactly ... she channelled the preDOMINANT energies of the time and i consider it a sadly poignant because Jane was exceptional in her innovative and intuitive intelligence but she needed to create a male aspect in order to reveal it. she couldn't just be herself. she had to be someone else.

i respect Jane. i have nothing but admiration for her. HER concepts on the nature of reality went waaaaaaaay beyond anything previously offered. SHE was a genius.
Old 28-01-2011, 03:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster
In a way this is a statement of invalidation.. a statement of judgment.. lying just as I said.. that's the way I see it

We have roles here we call females and males.. but we are the same energy, same people.. and the configuration of male/female is also ending..

From a realistic approach you do have to wonder why what she was channeled identified as "male" just as ramtha's channel was also "male" now that I think of it.. many of the better channels today do not identify sex.. and I think if pushed you'd find many now say we do not have those roles.. those are human roles.. I also think "heather" brings some interesting information on this.. It is you who feels "condescension" not me.. for I have approached this conversation with you as a equal.. I still feel that referring to it as "creation" is still saying "liar" but I understand your perspective better now

i'm not clear on why you would consider it "lying" if/when someone feels subconsciously compelled to create a character aspect. are we not all carrying multiple aspects of ouselves? are we not all character aspects of THE Self? are we each a lie?

PS. i didn't say i feel "condescension" from you. i only asked that you not condescend by "validating" my concepts, theories and ideas if you, in fact, felt they were **. thus far, you haven't "validated" me at all so thank you for your honesty.