Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 17-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Master
Fish How Do You Intuit Information?

I'm creating this thread to survey the many ways we can access intuition.

One of the more useful things I've read in books is a little section in Alice Bailey's Light of the Soul where I realised that there is no supposed "6th sense" but rather that each of our five ordinary senses can become developed to finer and finer degrees - all of which can be more finely tuned to access deeper reservoirs of information - from the personal to the collective.

Do you use tarot cards? Do you contact guides? Do you just "know" things? Do you sense things? Does intuition just happen or do you do it consciously? What little "rituals" do you do to consciously tap into intuition? etc.....I'm interested in practical ideas to access intuition - from the most mundane to the most sublime. So this is a thread for sharing tips and strategies.

...and anyone who gets judgmental or critical is going to get a from me! This is a very individual process - there's no right or wrong way to go about it.
Old 17-11-2010, 08:15 PM
SunSister

I use a mixture of oracle and tarot cards for the most 'mundane' things. I find that the cards often speak volumes on an intuitive level as well as on a logical level. The images on them evoke powerful symbolism in our minds, which can help us view our lives as though they are storybooks to which all answers are already clear.

For the rest.. I sense things through empathy and a tiny hint of precognition. I debate quite heavily with my guides when they are in a chatty mood, but usually don't ask them a lot in terms of intuition and information. It's always been something that has come naturally to me. My ability to respond intuitively fluctuates over time and isn't always consistent. Yet, I don't actively seek to awaken it. I get my messages when it is time to get them. This way, I can separate the mundane messages from the really important ones.
Old 17-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Master
This is going to sound weird. But when I'm reading for people or talkign to deceased loved ones etc, I can feel a part of my brain that usually doesn't work begin to work. I know that sounds very weird. And I liken it to a muscle that if I keep working out will get stronger.
Everyone I feel has the ability and everyone can do it, the key is to not try so hard.
Spiritlite.
Old 17-11-2010, 09:17 PM
Moon Willow

What a great idea Uma!
It would be really interesting to see what others do as I kind of just stumbled into doing this (or divinely guided if you ask the angels) and not sure what other people do - where were you six months ago when I needed this?

In general day life i access my intuition from just trusting the information that comes to me - usually through feeling or just knowing.

If I'm doing a reading, this isn't necessary but I do find I get better results....
*If I eat only fresh and organic foods and drink lots of water within 12hrs of doing the reading.
* I then do yoga, which helps me to release any personal blocks and gets me taking nice deep breaths...and I like to do it daily anyway.
* Next I do a 10 minute chakra balancing and third eye opening meditation.
* I then create my sacred space, usually just a candle, my quartz crystal and an incense burning (this is more to get me into the right mindset then anything else).
* Then comes the cleansing, grounding, prayers, protection stuff.
* For the actual reading I head to the highest guides and I also use angel oracle cards as a starting point. I then just sit quietly and see what other information comes through before I look at the cards. I will get things like visions, thoughts and feelings.
* At the end I always ask the angels if they have a message and words just flow really easily as I write them down - borderline automatic writing.
* I will also tune into the person to see if there is any other information I can get - like if they have a chakra that is blocked or unbalanced, or see how they are currently feeling/their personality to make sure I write up their reading in a way to ensure that it won't upset them in their current emotional state, and so they can receive the most benefit from it.
* To finish off I make sure I pull all my energy back to me, send love and light and say thank you to all the guides, angels and everyone that helped me. Then it's off to type up all the notes and fix my spelling mistakes.

And the most crucial step .....Put the jug on - it's cup of tea time! This stuff is hard work you know

Now you know how Moony does it!

Old 17-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Gerryh

I kind of ask the questions and pick up an answer in my head that doesn't come from me.Othertimes I pick up on personality types and read that.When I do healing I also just know intuitively .Sometimes I get messages that I can hear.The less pressure I have to perform the better my results are.I sometimes use the tarot to get answers as well and can be extremely accurate or way off the mark depending on the person who asks for help.
Old 17-11-2010, 11:04 PM
Neville

I let go, relinquish what I think and focalise on what I feel. I have found that logic and thought are not a part of intuition. It's a little difficult to articulate and I think that I can best describe it as that I actually move Neville out of the way so that his physical shell can be used as an instrument for communication. I don't know where Neville goes when I have pushed him out of the way .
Old 17-11-2010, 11:34 PM
Experiencer
For me, I just get thoughts in my head, thought forms I suppose, impressions. A number of years ago I started with the tarot cards, just wanted to try them out really but found after a short period of time I didn't really need them, things would come to me without using them, so I put the a side.
Old 18-11-2010, 08:31 PM
LightFilledHeart

It's an inner knowing/sensing, I suppose. I have utilized various tools of divination... Tarot, Numerology, dreams, dowsing rods and pendulems... and they all assist one in getting certain information through, but the bottom line as to whether or not something rings true to me is always that still small voice whispering within... i.e., the voice of spirit.
Old 19-11-2010, 12:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Does intuition just happen or do you do it consciously?

I think Intuition stands out from the crowd, and Is different to what others refer to as sixth sense or psychic ability..

Intuition kicks In when an Individual Is In essence knowing the self (subject to definition) lol.

It Is the voice of what you are, speaking In way's that you will understand.

x daz x
Old 19-11-2010, 12:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
I think Intuition stands out from the crowd, and Is different to what others refer to as sixth sense or psychic ability..

Intuition kicks In when an Individual Is In essence knowing the self (subject to definition) lol.

It Is the voice of what you are, speaking In way's that you will understand.

x daz x

and yet our 'intuition' (whatever it is) is wrong at times......how could that be the self (whatever that is)?