Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 04-08-2016, 06:25 PM
Deactivated Account

Mandela Effect

Sorry if there's already been a thread about this.
A normally skeptical friend of mine is the one who introduced me to the Mandela Effect theory, asking me if I believed in alternate realities.

The Mandela Effect is a strange phenomenon where masses of people notice a change in reality.

My friend is a movie buff and claims certain things about movies have changed, even on his old VHS tapes where the videos have been untouched and couldn't have been manipulated or changed with new editions. Even old die hard star wars fans remember it being, "Luke, I am your father", but that's not what the line is anymore. Even I remember it being that way, but when I was watching star wars recently, it was completely different and I had a really weird feeling while watching it. Also, in Forest Gump, it was always "Life IS like a box of chocolates" and now it's not. There's a lot of well known changes. I also remember it being spelled Berenstien Bears but somehow, it's now Berenstain bears. I remember sitting in a doctors office and saw a book and thought to myself how weird it was that they changed the name, but apparently there is no proof or evidence that they did change it, and even the old books are spelled "Berenstain" now. I rememember clearly it was spelled Berenstien, because at the time I was a kid and had a tough time spelling it, so I had to spend a lot of time memorizing it.

Anyway, I started researching more about the Mandela effect, and apparently there are groups of people who notice all sorts of reality changes, even geographical changes, in songs, in all sorts of things.
What do you think about it all?
Old 05-08-2016, 06:40 PM
Deactivated Account

No one here is interested in the mandela effect? I thought it was really interesting.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:09 PM
Master
Hey there I'm pretty certain there's at least one thread on this topic of not more. Try the time travel section. I remember Nelson Mandela dying and Winnie was a widow. The other stuff as well. Many do...you are most certainly not alone!

peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 06-08-2016, 12:25 AM
Master
The Mandela effect you're speaking about is most likely a psyop...movies, commercials, books, etc. can change their material and not inform the public.
The same goes for maps, imo. It does make for an interesting discussion; people have a way of remembering events very differently, this has been proven over time. Five people witnessing an event do not observe the same thing.

There is an element of the Mandela effect that is reality for some folks, but that falls under real fringe subjects, that is where a timeline or dimension that is quite like our own merges with this one for seconds or minutes.
Old 07-08-2016, 02:26 PM
Master
It's a permanent merging or transformation of timelines. And it continues. A minority can recall events existing or occurring differently to now. Nelson Mandela was dead for quite some time. Here Winnie is still on her own but now she is divorced.

It's not a fringe aspect but rather a fundamental aspect of reality which may only be apparent to those who have "moved" across timelines. It seems when timelines merge that an "update" occurs to overlay the chosen timelines's reality onto the other one.

However this seems less than effective for many of us and the overlay doesn't take. As other mergings occur going forward, many or at least some of those from the alternate timelines often seem resistant to the overlay. In fact, it comes to a point where you begin to become aware of the mergings as they are occurring.

Peace and blessings,
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 14-05-2017, 11:27 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by keokutah
Sorry if there's already been a thread about this.
A normally skeptical friend of mine is the one who introduced me to the Mandela Effect theory, asking me if I believed in alternate realities.

The Mandela Effect is a strange phenomenon where masses of people notice a change in reality.

My friend is a movie buff and claims certain things about movies have changed, even on his old VHS tapes where the videos have been untouched and couldn't have been manipulated or changed with new editions. Even old die hard star wars fans remember it being, "Luke, I am your father", but that's not what the line is anymore. Even I remember it being that way, but when I was watching star wars recently, it was completely different and I had a really weird feeling while watching it. Also, in Forest Gump, it was always "Life IS like a box of chocolates" and now it's not. There's a lot of well known changes. I also remember it being spelled Berenstien Bears but somehow, it's now Berenstain bears. I remember sitting in a doctors office and saw a book and thought to myself how weird it was that they changed the name, but apparently there is no proof or evidence that they did change it, and even the old books are spelled "Berenstain" now. I rememember clearly it was spelled Berenstien, because at the time I was a kid and had a tough time spelling it, so I had to spend a lot of time memorizing it.

Anyway, I started researching more about the Mandela effect, and apparently there are groups of people who notice all sorts of reality changes, even geographical changes, in songs, in all sorts of things.
What do you think about it all?

George lucas made changes with each rerelease of the movies. All famous movies do this. I havnt looked much into mandella effect but hearing it a lot layely its the next on my list
Old 15-05-2017, 07:25 AM
Newbie ;)

I didn't think about it until I heard it. That's really strange.
Old 15-05-2017, 07:26 AM
Experiencer

I remember reading about the Mandela Effect a few years ago. I also remember thinking that it could explain a lot of the disillusionment that many South Africans (me included) feel about Nelson Mandela. Nelson Mandela is definitely no hero to me. He is the opposite. I've always felt a particular repulsion towards the woman he married when he got out of prison too. Someone who for me clearly radiates pure evil.

Interesting theory. Does this mean that both worlds exist at the same time?
Old 16-05-2017, 07:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddessa
I remember reading about the Mandela Effect a few years ago. I also remember thinking that it could explain a lot of the disillusionment that many South Africans (me included) feel about Nelson Mandela. Nelson Mandela is definitely no hero to me. He is the opposite. I've always felt a particular repulsion towards the woman he married when he got out of prison too. Someone who for me clearly radiates pure evil.

Interesting theory. Does this mean that both worlds exist at the same time?

Many worlds -- or timelines (which must exist in some sort of separate space) -- exist.

But your currently embodied consciousness is only physically local to any one timeline at any one time. Your current embodied consciousness is most resonant with the timeline (place/time or "world") that either 1) is your place of origin or 2) is very similar to your place of origin...identical out to many decimal places but containing various very small differences in its history, where some things have always existed with small differences to what you remember. No huge ripple effects noticeable, except very possibly for the growing momentum of effects on consciousness raising from the point(s) of conversion, and going forward.

There are cutting edge quantum theory "many worlds" discussions going on right now which exactly describe this...whereby if for any reason (like the Hadron super particle collider) something were to cause one universe to collapse on itself...your consciousness and all others currently extant on the timeline/universe of origin would immediately shift into the next closest timeline/universe(in similarity).

The theory is, it would be seamless and instantaneous to your perception...with the only residual being the iota of difference that naturally existed between the two very, very, very similar -- but not identical -- universes.

Don't expect most to get this. Don't rely on every memory even if your recollection tends to be visual and precise.
But do trust your strongest memories and perceptions. And don't worry about the naysayers.

The reality is, most memories in most folks are easily overwritten or adjusted, often consciously by they themselves in order to align with their current reality. The most pervasive reason for faulty memories that pertains to this topic is this tendency to override our own experiences in order to fit in with the mainstream narrative...it's just that powerful and most do it blindly and unthinkingly whenever they may happen to run up against something that oddly no longer seems to be here, or to have happened, or to have happened a certain way.

Additionally, some folks' memories are rather porous, that's true -- it's not their strong point. Fair enough. And moreover, there are some folks who only exist in this reality and never existed in the next most similar thread or bubble of reality. So Arma and many others will only ever remember the one past they know.

The experiences of others cannot and do not discount your reality, and that's the end of it

Peace & blessings
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 15-05-2017, 01:29 PM
Master
Yes...I definitely think it may explain it...And your take is very interesting, because you were much closer to the event and its "reversal".

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...29#post1584929

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
More and more, I feel that many if not most of us here right now are "walk-ins" into our own lives. Meaning, we are now in a different timeline...which means a different "parallel" reality which is almost identical but which has some historic anomalies around and since the juncture.

Most of the rarified theoreticians point to the Hadron particle supercollider (not the official name, just describing) research which has been ongoing, and they have always said that the work could theoretically (and actually) result in the collapse of our original universe...leaving our consciousness energy to merge into the nearest and most similar alternative universe....but which still contains some small amount of difference or non-overlap. As energy cannot be destroyed but only moved or transformed. Because it would be momentary or instantaneous, we cannot know for certain by any conventional means whether or not we are no longer in the place we started, but rather in one that seems nearly but not quite indentical. The most fascinating thing is that something like the supercollider can fundamentally impact everything and everyone in our universe all at once...and that's why we shifted all together, rather than just one person here or there doing their own thing.

Because we walked in to ourselves, there was no real (or relatively little) issue with syncronisation...which as Bartholomew says is by far the biggest issue.

In common parlance, this has been colloquially termed the Mandela effect. But I think there is much, much more to it. Now that we have walked in, so many of us...what does it mean? We're still us, but with another level of awareness and awakening. And BTW...over the last 15 to 20 but especially over the last 5 to 10 years...I have been able to come to terms with some very problematic past lives too, where I was repeatedly murdered and betrayed (as a man) by those I loved most, as well as coming to a sad end in an oppressive last lifetime as a woman where I was unable to make the most basic choices about my life -- all really fairly typical stuff actually. But still quite painful to me or to any of us. Forgiveness was the easier part...understanding was the more difficult, and also coping with the reality of knowing, which has its own weight.

A lot of the healing involves perspective and knowledge and understanding the situation from the vantage of those others who did me in. And I strongly feel that much of the wave of awakening, rising consciousness, and past life healing and integration is tied to the timeline "shift" or shifts that have been ongoing since at least 2008. When we were (many, many of us) given a boost in awakening by walking in and finding ourselves with a new awareness at hand...in essence, in breadth, in depth...just different to before in some foundational way.

Any thoughts on this?

Another related threat of late...where I posted similar but more on the likely unintentional but potentially tremendous impact of the "Mandela effect" on raising consciousness and on awakening.
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...34#post1586434

Peace & blessings,
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke