Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 20-04-2016, 08:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Is Art really important or not so much? I get the feeling that Art scares some types of people a great deal. They just don't seem to 'get it' and so it kind of unsettles them. When a country or civilisation starts to crumble and fall it is often Art which suffers first. It starts to be censored and discouraged and manipulated.

Why do some people like powerful leaders fear Art and artists?

Personally I think Art is very important. How do you feel about it?

Honza - I feel art is essential. It is through art that a person can express his or her creativity, imagination, perception, mood, suffer, elation, etc. (I could go on and on). Art sometimes is very dark - I have a few pieces of my own I don't bother framing and hanging on the wall. I went to a Prison Art exhibition twice and it was extremely interesting to look into the caged souls of other human beings who are incarcerated. Some of their art demonstrated severed suffering while others painted uplifting scenes perhaps as a means to escape temporarily. Some of the artwork was disturbing and hard to look at, but all art no matter what the subject matter or media type is a necessity of life. It takes us to another place and helps one connect with other human beings on earth.
Old 21-04-2016, 01:00 PM
Guide
Art is master's tool that is why he or she is person of wisdom. And student to achieve mastery over this art.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:54 AM
Suspended
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Is Art really important or not so much? I get the feeling that Art scares some types of people a great deal. They just don't seem to 'get it' and so it kind of unsettles them. When a country or civilisation starts to crumble and fall it is often Art which suffers first. It starts to be censored and discouraged and manipulated.

Why do some people like powerful leaders fear Art and artists?

Personally I think Art is very important. How do you feel about it?

Many people view art as the means of immortalizing something pretty. That's one purpose.

Art was also designed as a means to immortalize or convey things that shouldn't be said, won't be said, or can't be said.

For example, a "powerful leader" can lie through his teeth, spewing false claims left, right and center about how "good" he has been to his people, how he has "helped" his country. There are people who will shallow such as if fed from a silver spoon.

However, a single photo [art] can, has and will tear the rug right out from underneath such people's feet. Will knock those sand castle walls into nothing but figments of grandeur.

That is why "powerful leaders" hate / fear art, because someone can so easily use art to reveal what these "leaders" are trying to hide. Can reveal the truth behind the lies.

I am an artist. I use various media [photos, paintings, etc.]. I am also a professional author who has written about things [genocide, governmental corruption, racism, etc.] that the average person would rather sweep under the carpet and forget about.

Pretty art [a nice sunset, some cute bird] is okay. Everyone and their mother does such art so the relevance to life unless a real jaw-dropper [such as that done by the classical artists, finding anything outstanding among a majority of modern artists is I've found like a needle in a haystack] is actually pretty low. They are, literally, a dime a dozen.

Art used to convey an important message, reveal something that many refuse to acknowledge [such as the slum photo contests around the world done a few years ago], is as important as breathing.
Old 18-06-2016, 02:49 AM
Pathfinder

I think it has very little importance, and I'm an artist! While I am interested in it and make images in different mediums, on the whole big picture it's not worth much compared to good health and a positive, constructive, compassionate life. It's often good entertainment, and I love watching ballet by the best dancers, love going to a gallery or museum and seeing great art, all that.

It has it's place, but you have to watch out for all the self serving hype that is associated w/ it too, especially from people that want to sell you something. On one level, art is a commodity, and often attracts all the wrong people that skillfully prey on the creative types. In my life, nothing beats a good conversation, lunch w/ friends, riding my bike, sitting at night and watching the sky, swimming in the ocean, etc. After a while you soon discover that the art of happiness is the best art of all. Art doesn't save lives, doesn't pretend to tell the truth (even Picasso sad that all painting was a lie), doesn't lead to a higher appreciation of anything except perhaps art, etc. One person serving a meal to a hungry poor person, one person who adopts a lonely and scared discarded animal at a shelter and brings it home to feed and love it, performs a higher function than all the art ever created or ever will be created.
Old 18-06-2016, 03:20 AM
Master
I personally find art to be an expression of whoever created us, and shows us that we too are creators in a way. I fact when I think about - that's why I enjoy i so much. It creates its own little world in way.
Old 22-06-2016, 11:40 AM
Suspended
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by row37
I think it has very little importance, and I'm an artist! While I am interested in it and make images in different mediums, on the whole big picture it's not worth much compared to good health and a positive, constructive, compassionate life. It's often good entertainment, and I love watching ballet by the best dancers, love going to a gallery or museum and seeing great art, all that.

It has it's place, but you have to watch out for all the self serving hype that is associated w/ it too, especially from people that want to sell you something. On one level, art is a commodity, and often attracts all the wrong people that skillfully prey on the creative types. In my life, nothing beats a good conversation, lunch w/ friends, riding my bike, sitting at night and watching the sky, swimming in the ocean, etc. After a while you soon discover that the art of happiness is the best art of all. Art doesn't save lives, doesn't pretend to tell the truth (even Picasso sad that all painting was a lie), doesn't lead to a higher appreciation of anything except perhaps art, etc. One person serving a meal to a hungry poor person, one person who adopts a lonely and scared discarded animal at a shelter and brings it home to feed and love it, performs a higher function than all the art ever created or ever will be created.

LOL. What you summarized applies perfectly to something else I know of. For as a wise man once said fools are not made rather they have the utter misfortune of being born that way.

Fools are the sort that'll swallow whatever is being "sold", regardless of how illogical that something is or how bizarre or how tacky, and never question a thing. They're what some call "sheeple" - sheep people.

As for the art you describe that's basic "pretty" art. Anything a child & their mother can do with a little effort. What I am talking of it the art meant to symbolize something. Or do you think art immortalizing racism, slavery, etc. "meaningless".
Old 22-06-2016, 04:06 PM
Master
hi

art is grt we exspres persn in us we do we do
wen i sea art on walss galerys im lk wow wen i wz in dublin i luvd ths 1 i did

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 22-06-2016, 04:11 PM
Master

All forms of aesthetics adds to our consciousness and outlook on the world around us. So, yes, art is important and is to be valued.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 22-06-2016, 08:15 PM
Master
Just want to add that 'art' is in everything; it doesn't have to be on a easel as the whole world is a canvas that expresses her creative beauty.
Old 22-06-2016, 08:28 PM
Master
yep art is grt

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔