Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Welcome

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 10:43 PM
MikeRedBull

Won't be Posting Again

I wrote out quite a long post, and tried to send it, but found l'd been logged out. So, l won't be using this board anymore.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Deactivated Account

not a very good reason to leave a forum ~

sorry you had problems but it happens to all of us. You need to write out your long replies elsewhere and then copy and paste them here. Happens to me all the time, I keep forgetting, but I keep returning. It is a great forum ! Silly to leave for such a reason.

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 02-07-2011, 10:59 PM
Master
I know it was frustrating, MikeRedBull. Yes, we have all had that happen at some time or other, but we learned, I personally type up long posts on an email, then paste it in here. We'll be here, if you change your mind. Welcome anyway!

Old 02-07-2011, 11:00 PM
Master
Also, it's important to remember to check the "remember me" box when you log in.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:02 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRedBull
I wrote out quite a long post, and tried to send it, but found l'd been logged out. So, l won't be using this board anymore.
If you are on dial-up connection, and maybe even some DSL ones, there is a timeout setting which will close the connection after a certain time of connection inactivity.
Then the internet is notoriously fickle and while you may establish a connection to the web-site there is no guarantee that it will still be reachable after writing a long post.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:22 AM
Guide

That's happened to me, but I don't think anything was lost, I got a prompt to log in, so I did, and then pressed the backspace arrow up the top, and returned to my post which was still there waiting to be sent.

Unless I'm mistaken, but you can always try the back arrow and see what happens

Avilucis
Old 03-07-2011, 06:25 AM
Master
sometimes i accidentally navigate away from the page i'm writing on, then when I hit back arrow my post has disappeared.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:32 AM
Aylesha

There is very-clearly a problem here, and it is a serious problem when a person leaves exasperated after losing written work.

I have the same problem too. I do not have any problems with other forums that I visit and spend time on. This is the only forum that seems to log you out automatically.

The problem of getting logged out automatically occurs not only when I want to post something but also when I am using search for finding topics in older threads. I do not recall this being a problem a couple of years ago.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:16 AM
Deactivated Account

Every forum has it's own quirks ~
in the grand scheme of things... considering we are lucky to even have this forum back up and running after the crash, minor annoyances can be worked around. One just has to find a new way of doing things. I have been on other forums that log one out automatically, I am sure this isn't the only one. I think the logging one out automatically is a time related issue and I think a solution was mentioned " Also, it's important to remember to check the "remember me" box when you log in."

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 03-07-2011, 07:31 AM
Master
When the forum kicks you out - as you post the response or thread, it often comes up with a window to log back in. If you log in at the point in the centre of the screen and not the right hand corner - it will post what you have written. I have found it tends to be the posting point that logs you out if your writing a lot
Closed Thread