Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 26-11-2017, 02:24 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanemon
There have been quite a few individuals of considerable renown in the last 130 years or so who have made a case for the idea that spiritual evolution within the human make-up is taking an upturn. By this I mean that these individuals expressed what they saw or intuited as an emerging sensibility, beyond beliefs and doctrines. I'll mention Aurobindo, Richard M. Bucke, and Walter Russell. (These are people that I don't regard as flakes... but I'm leaving out many that I could regard as legit.)

The idea appeals to me. Sometimes I feel certain they're correct. Will it happen in my lifetime? Seems doubtful. Can I prove it's occurring? No. Is this "fact" apparently contradicted in current events? Sure... there's room for for a lot of discussion, and incredulity.

But back to the gist of what they spoke, taught, and wrote about... Aurobindo had his way of expressing it: heaven is descending into human life.

Heaven IS descending into human life, but only from the perspective of the human. Heaven already exists in nature. Humans have to align their behaviors with the natural order. Separation is a human condition. Humans need only to find the unity which underlies all things. Hate is unnatural. Predators do not hate their prey. They instinctively want to kill their prey, but there's nothing personal about it. Some humans, on the other hand, hate their brothers and sisters. This can only occur when we put ourselves above somebody else. There is no truth in the idea that some of us are better than others. We are one. In a million years, if we survive that long, this underlying unity will be a fact recognized by all. We need to take steps in the direction of that eventual realization. Maybe a new religion will help get us there.
Old 26-11-2017, 06:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommylama
Probably not, but if Buddhism taught the principles I am suggesting, then I wouldn't need to make the suggestion. Does Buddhism teach that we are on a path of reincarnation from animal to angel consciousness? And that in order to become aware of the angel within we must crucify the animal which is separates us by definition?

Buddhism doesn't teach reincarnation, it is rebirth.
Best not to say ' it falls short ' before you understand what it teaches.
Old 26-11-2017, 06:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream jo
me my siblins trnd humnst we did few yrs go we dd its lk we free fmr relgin we r but we r whoo we r
its up 2 persn 2 relgin thy wnt 2 be it is

So true Jo
Old 26-11-2017, 08:41 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommylama
Heaven IS descending into human life, but only from the perspective of the human. Heaven already exists in nature. Humans have to align their behaviors with the natural order. Separation is a human condition. Humans need only to find the unity which underlies all things. Hate is unnatural. Predators do not hate their prey. They instinctively want to kill their prey, but there's nothing personal about it. Some humans, on the other hand, hate their brothers and sisters. This can only occur when we put ourselves above somebody else. There is no truth in the idea that some of us are better than others. We are one. In a million years, if we survive that long, this underlying unity will be a fact recognized by all. We need to take steps in the direction of that eventual realization. Maybe a new religion will help get us there.

Hmm... these terms like Heaven, Separation, unity... they smell of new age teachings which are very nice to hear but don't seem to be improving the lot of humanity, nor will they because they don't get to the root of any of it's alleged problems.

Nature is nothing to do with heaven descending. It contains its internal controls of birth death renewal just like humanity. The prey probably experiences no less fear than a human when hounded down. Wno knows what a plant feels when ravaged by a forest fire. The point is harmony. The ecology is a system in the true sense. Everything is functionally connected and the whole is regulated by a complexity of internal controls (feedback, positive and negative. The predator-prey curves are the simplest examples).

Humans are part of that ecology and as subject to its controls as, say, acorns. I used to think of humans as so destructive of "the system" but now I think they're acting as they should within it. Humans have no predator except themselves. Thankfully they have no unity consciousness much as the new agers would love to think otherwise, any more than one acorn has it with another. So they can't act in concert without going through some extraordinary rituals and then only to achieve some specified aim. Every time humans tinker with or ravage part of the ecology it adjusts to a new level. It is now being pushed to levels that will no longer support humanity.

I don't mind that. I think humanity has run its time. It's pure arrogance to think of humanity as the last in the evolutionary line. If it is that's because it has pushed the very source of its nurture beyond capacity.

A propos an earlier exchange between us, it comes down to individuals as you observe. As a gnostic I am as in-harmony with Nature and the Cosmos as I'm allowed. I still have to interface with the ecology (including other people) to survive my time here. That entails earning money to support myself - exchanging my labours for utilities according to the system I was born into so there are occasions when I'm forced out of an alignment I might otherwise choose. But I do my best. Many of us do. A majority however, don't follow the same route - puppets to consumerism and the commercial High Priests. If they did, would the lot of humanity here on earth improve? Are they actually disharmonious? If they were to change would disruption occur in other parts of the human components of the system? Is peace natural in a birth-death-renewal cycle? Why do humans think themselves superior in the evolution of organic life than, say, an ant or an orchid or an acorn?

Religions so far haven't provided answers. Science hasn't provided answers. It could be that we're all asking the wrong question.
Old 26-11-2017, 03:45 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
... It could be that we're all asking the wrong question.
What do you think the right question would be?
Old 27-11-2017, 07:31 PM
Suspended
Well.... if your going to make a new religion i guess your going to need a new messiah or spiritual leader to go with it right? may i suggest Larry, Larry the wise chicken, he has a good record, so far he has walked on lava, yes! you heard correct! lava not water! he has laid the biggest egg ever to feed the hungry! he has healed many with his supreme feathery touch! he also guided his fellow chickens across the road! Choose Larry now, and forever shake your tail feathers! hallelujah! hallelujah! hallelujah!

Larry the wise chicken.
Larrys worship song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ka-rGmXr7A