Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 11-01-2013, 04:10 AM
TheLegendaryDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
And some problem seems to continue. Got a 'Server is too busy' message opening 2 threads.

I may get this message because I am logged in already. New logins may possibly not get access to the site.
Earlier, the site was denying all access, even to the ones who were previously logged in. If you would enter your username and password, it would cycle you through entering them again. If you clicked on cancel, "Access Denied!" would pop up. It was likely waiting for an admin to sign in and see what was the problem.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:03 AM
Xeno

If you can see the forums layout, but get a ''server too busy' message.
Then the forum is working fine, but the host has too many open connections and puts you on a queue.

I would suggest to not spam F5/refresh when this happens, as probably a lot of users will try doing the same, ending up flooding SF with more requests and packets to process.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:34 AM
angelwhispers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
Somehow I don't think a hacker would spend time and effort into hacking SF so that s/he could post as 'angelwhispers'

Oh, really? You used the same password and e-mail for SF as you do for your banking account? Now, that could potentially be a problem.

I'm assuming your post is in jest with the attached smiley face :) however hackers do hack little sites like this for that exact reason.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:03 PM
Ciqala

I'm also getting the server too busy message.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:11 PM
amy green

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala
I'm also getting the server too busy message.
Yes I think many of us are. Several times today, a post that I typed said that the server was too busy (on trying to send it); I then subsequently lost the post and had to retype it. Just realised that it might be a good idea to copy a post before sending it, just in case this happens - at least that way can just paste it into a new post....but what if it happens again!!!?

I think there is still some tweaking going on, i.e. this site is still being fine tuned. See post #8 of this link
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=45641
Old 11-01-2013, 11:34 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
Just realised that it might be a good idea to copy a post before sending it, just in case this happens - at least that way can just paste it into a new post....but what if it happens again!!!?

a message from above that it wasn't meant to be posted in the first place divine intervention

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 11-01-2013, 11:45 PM
Neville

As you have suspected, the server was overloaded and has since on occasion still at times been very laden with traffic. Work has been taking place to lighten the load on the server from superfluous traffic (search bots , and the like). It is our hope that normal service will be resumed at the soonest instance.

In the interim , thank you all for your continued patience while said normal service is being resumed.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:55 PM
Deactivated Account

Thanks Neville, a few glitches are nothing compared to what could have been , perish the thought ! There were a few moments of " flashback " ...

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 11-01-2013, 11:55 PM
angel62

thanks Neville on face book, spiritual forums i could get an answer a few days ago of what happend to the forum brilient at least i knew what was going on it worth adding spiritual forums to your face book
many blessing to all staff that got it all up an running for us
angel
Old 12-01-2013, 12:54 AM
amy green

Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
a message from above that it wasn't meant to be posted in the first place divine intervention
What...the divine rejects supportive posts and/or jokes now? Everyone is a critic!