Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 03-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
That is why I still have Windows XP! When I bought my new custom built computer, the service techs at the shop warned me that everyone was having problems with Windows 7. They said they'd had nothing but complaints and hated it with a passion! I was strongly advised to consider sticking with XP, which they were able to install. I did and I have never regretted that choice. If the day comes when XP no longer functions and/or is no longer supported by Windows (don't you just love their strong-arm tactics to force people into purchasing or accepting their new softward??!!??) I will take the plunge and convert to a MacIntosh system. It really is the safest and best, not prone to viruses and the like, and the only reason I've resisted it thus far is because of my familiarity with Windows and reluctance to learn a new system. However, I'm prepared to do so if Windows forces my hand!

I've had Windows 7 for the past year, and have not had a problem with it. However, I do not browse with 64 bit Internet Explorer. I use regular 32 bit.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:16 PM
Master
Must admit I had XP with all the whistles and bells, and Firefox 3.6.2 and had no problemo except my CPU was a bit creaky and slow. But Winter Sale time came and ..................... well, you can guess

Those all-in Macs are a thing of beauty !
Old 03-04-2011, 03:22 PM
themaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
That is why I still have Windows XP! When I bought my new custom built computer, the service techs at the shop warned me that everyone was having problems with Windows 7. They said they'd had nothing but complaints and hated it with a passion! I was strongly advised to consider sticking with XP, which they were able to install. I did and I have never regretted that choice. If the day comes when XP no longer functions and/or is no longer supported by Windows (don't you just love their strong-arm tactics to force people into purchasing or accepting their new softward??!!??) I will take the plunge and convert to a MacIntosh system. It really is the safest and best, not prone to viruses and the like, and the only reason I've resisted it thus far is because of my familiarity with Windows and reluctance to learn a new system. However, I'm prepared to do so if Windows forces my hand!
Personally, since I'm a computer tech and I did work on computers for living (recently, quit) I think they told you a pile of ****.. Vista was the way you describe.. but not 7

Microsoft caught on very quickly how bad vista's sales were.. and they streamlined windows 7.. to much so I think sometimes.. (I miss some of vista's bloated features )

Anyway.. you won't be forced to upgrade to windows 7 (or maybe 8) but you also will..

New technologies like USB3 are coming.. (or almost here) bluetooth 3.. Sata 3, ssd drives w/ trim support and even bigger hard drives than 2 tb (some of which can’t work with XP)

And all these limitations will run into big problems with running a OS created in 2001.. not all of them will get fix's and you will be left behind.. no big deal really.. it's just also the left behind means your are 10 times more vulnerable to virus's and malware because there is probably still about 100,000 unfixed bugs left in XP that weren't fixed! (down from 200,000 bugs that were 1st estimated)

And if you want to switch over to Mac OSX.. fine have it your way!

But you will pay 2x to 3x as much as for a typical pc.. with the same hardware!

If you really insist on switching.. try running *hackintosh* that is the illegal way to run Mac OSX on ibm hardware (which it already runs on anyway) and you will save your self 2x 3x times in overages for.. a pretty blue Imac!
Old 03-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Elijah

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
If you update your Internet Explorer it could be possible that it cleaned out your cookies, and cache, and reset itself to anything new since you last visited.
Yes, this would be my first guess, but ie really isn't a great browser to be using anyway, bin it & use Firefox.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah
Yes, this would be my first guess, but ie really isn't a great browser to be using anyway, bin it & use Firefox.

Any browser can have it's problem displaying a website, or forum. It's a matter of if that website, forum, supports the browser.

I have installed IE 9 on my computer to test it out and see if I can see the issue. I will say that I am having the issue with the new posts. Pm's, however, seem ok with me. We are looking into a resolution. It maybe something as simple as a forum patch, or it maybe something that is outdated and not supported by IE9.

As soon as we have a resolution please let us know.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:35 PM
Elijah

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster
And if you want to switch over to Mac OSX.. fine have it your way!
But you will pay 2x to 3x as much as for a typical pc.. with the same hardware!
I agree, Mac's are generally over priced, but then again pre-made PCs are also over priced.
I've been building PCs for the last 9/10 years & I've often had this convo about the 2 vs price & when comparing a few different models of Mac's in relation to a PC that could be build with the same specs, the PC is (at least) £200/300 cheaper.
But I will admit that Windows has given me my fair share of problems in the past & I'm sure it will continue to do so, what I would like is an OS crossed between Windows & linux.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Shim

Quote:
Any browser can have it's problem displaying a website, or forum. It's a matter of if that website, forum, supports the browser.

I have installed IE 9 on my computer to test it out and see if I can see the issue. I will say that I am having the issue with the new posts. Pm's, however, seem ok with me. We are looking into a resolution. It maybe something as simple as a forum patch, or it maybe something that is outdated and not supported by IE9.

As soon as we have a resolution please let us know.

The issue I had on my site was with mootools, or a JavaScript framework. I am not familiar with this forums and the issue might not be related. Just offering one incompatible problem that existed between IE 9 and some sites. I am sure there is going to be quite the list.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Elijah

Quote:
Yes, that's true.. I was really just making a general statement about my feelings towards ie.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:49 AM
Ascender

I say, get rid of Internet Explorer and start using a more stable, compatible web browser such as Chrome or Firefox. IE is renowned for its crappiness, not to disrespect anyone who uses it.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:50 AM
Master
The only problem with Chrome and SF is that is doesn't display the site properly. Certain functions are removed and or in different places.