Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 03-12-2016, 05:37 PM
Newbie ;)

Feeling like my ex is thinking of me

First, I want to apologise for any grammar mistakes (English is not my mother tongue).
So me and my ex broke up 2 months ago, after I was one step closer to cheating on him by kissing another guy (I was very drunk). I stopped right away because I knew it's not a good thing but he found out and broke up with me.
The first 2 weeks were not that hard (of course, I felt the regret like any person would do because I knew from the start it was a mistake, it was not something i realised after), but after 2 weeks, I was just walking randomly on the street and all of the sudden an overwhelming feeling of sadness caught me. I eventually realised it was a feeling coming from him because for the next month I couldnt stop thinking of him (I even started to feel pain and sorrow). I had dreams with us talking but i knew it was because i thought of him a lot. It was very, very hard, but I made my way out of all that situation and moved forward.

Until 3 days ago. Now, every night, even if I dont think about him through the day, i dream he is telling me he misses me, or he's texting me, and all of that kind of stuff.

Plus, he just randomly pops in my head and I feel "a thing" in my chest area, something similar to butterflies. Also, this "thing" tells my gut that he's not that sad anymore (like the first time) and misses me but he's not sure he would want to get back together.

Please please, I am too scared to ask him if he feels something too, so tell me, did this happened to any of you? Is it really something I should pay attention or should I just keep moving forward?

Ps: When I miss him and think of him, nothing happens, but when I know for sure I am over and I am just sooooo happy that i can continue my life without thinking of him, he just starts appearing in my dreams or pops in my head through day.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:20 AM
Ascender

Hmm maybe?

You are going to have to separate external stimuli that trigger you remembering him. For example a song, a smell, etc. It could be anything.

Now separate those from intuitive bursts that come from nowhere.

This takes somewhat of a clear mind.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:29 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbygreen
Until 3 days ago. Now, every night, even if I dont think about him through the day, i dream he is telling me he misses me, or he's texting me, and all of that kind of stuff.

Plus, he just randomly pops in my head and I feel "a thing" in my chest area, something similar to butterflies. Also, this "thing" tells my gut that he's not that sad anymore (like the first time) and misses me but he's not sure he would want to get back together.

Please please, I am too scared to ask him if he feels something too, so tell me, did this happened to any of you? Is it really something I should pay attention or should I just keep moving forward?

Ps: When I miss him and think of him, nothing happens, but when I know for sure I am over and I am just sooooo happy that i can continue my life without thinking of him, he just starts appearing in my dreams or pops in my head through day.

Sounds pretty mixed up. It's a sign you aren't over him but if he hasn't contacted you (somehow, one way or another) it's probably finished. Drink is a terrible master - it releases you from inhibitions. If trust has been broken (not to say that it actually has) it may not repair.

How long ago did you break up? It's natural to nurse one's wounds for a time - but how long depends on you. If it was more than a month ago perhaps it's time to think of moving on, dating others...
You're young yet. Do you have a friend to go on a manhunt with?

Old 09-12-2016, 02:57 PM
Suspended
Guide

Sounds like you're grieving the loss of the relationship ...
Most all people go through a period of reconciling their feelings w/their decision to end a relationship to make them consistent w/one another to restore balance & harmony ...
Old 29-12-2016, 10:51 PM
Experiencer
I had a pretty rough 2016. In this one year I had a spontaneous awakening, separated from my hubs of 16 yrs, moved 5 times, went through a custody battle and filed for divorce. Not being able to understand what was happening, what I was seeing and feeling didn't serve me at all. When I started to get what I was being shown the dominos started to fall. 16 years was a long time to be with someone only to find out they were being unfaithful the entire time. Hid assets galor. He is the biggest skeptic that ever walked. Wonder if he can explain how I've stayed 2 or 3 steps ahead of him....hmmm

The weird feeling in your chest I get that really strong from my husband. Its not as intense from my children. My skin goes numb in the center of my chest. Ill get other things once I notice it. It can go from anger to extreme sadness. Ill feel that lower in the gut.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:11 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Drink is a terrible master - it releases you from inhibitions. If trust has been broken (not to say that it actually has) it may not repair.

Yeah.... This right here.

Alcohol is dangerous if you don't control it (or better yet for most... dont use it )

In this case, it doesn't do you any worse to try and repair the relationship by simply asking or speaking your peace one last time. But I suggest you be prepared for that to be the last communication. And in doing so you speak your full self into the conversation.

But again, trust is something that, when broken, is (for everyone's sanity and energy) better to let time repair and better spend that energy to build a new trusting connection.