Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 08-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye
Kaere, in regard to the highlighted text of the quote above - In UK's Spiritualism, all communication from the spirit world is viewed as an experiment by their Spiritualist mediums. This is because no spirit communicator or spirit communication can ever be guaranteed.

Obviously all medium's rely on the interaction of spirit person for a spirit communication to become possible. If there isn't a spirit communicator, then one should assume the message is of a psychic nature rather than one of mediumship.

So then messages through dreams would not be acceptable or randomly hearing a voice or receiving symbols as confirmation. You're saying that the only kind of communication that is acceptable in Spiritualism is that which comes through a medium (mediumship).

Or have I misunderstood you?

Old 09-04-2012, 02:39 AM
Skye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
So then messages through dreams would not be acceptable or randomly hearing a voice or receiving symbols as confirmation. You're saying that the only kind of communication that is acceptable in Spiritualism is that which comes through a medium (mediumship).

Or have I misunderstood you?

There is with out doubt any number of ways spirit may impress the human mind. This may be through the ways you suggest, as well as via music, writing and drawing. For these to be considered an acceptable form of spirit communication in the confines of Spiritualism, there has to be evidence of survival expressed by the spirit communicator. This includes a description of themselves as well as describing their personality, character, idiosyncrasies, memories and relationship to the recipient. Such evidence goes along way in proving to the recipient that the medium is in contact with the spirit person as they claim, and the said communicator continues to live after their so called death.

To receive messages in the manner you suggest Kaere doesn't necessarily mean there is a spirit communicator. Yes, I'm sure Spiritualism or Spiritualist mediums understands there may be, and the information received may be helpful and worthwhile to an individual. However, without evidential mediumship to support or establish the spirit link, it's not certain spirit are the ones responsible. And, one purpose of mediumship is to prove that there is life after death.

When people have experienced a genuine communication from their departed loved ones, they usually learn and come to an understanding that life after death, or our continued existence, is actually based on fact, and not on hearsay or belief as in other religions.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:32 AM
Master
Thank you Skye for your explanation. It appears we are on the same page and in understanding after all - "However, without evidential mediumship to support or establish the spirit link, it's not certain spirit are the ones responsible." In other words, acceptable certain proof must come through mediumship.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Skye

Quote:
Thank you Skye for your explanation. It appears we are on the same page and in understanding after all - "However, without evidential mediumship to support or establish the spirit link, it's not certain spirit are the ones responsible." In other words, acceptable certain proof must come through mediumship.

In short the answer is yes. Allow me to explain a little more.

It's not necessary to obtain 'certain proof' but, it's up to the medium to ask for evidence which proves beyond doubt that communication between a discarnate and incarnate spirit is taking place.

Each medium will work differently, depending on which clair is used. I recall a medium giving me some advice. They said one clair which is best avoided is clairvagueness. I have found this advice useful in my mediumship.

It's essential mediums present themselves in a professional and acceptable manner. Maintaining a standard of practice which is known to work can make a huge difference to a sitting. Following a formula to receive information that will be accepted by the recipient, helps bring the spirit person back to life so to speak. This formula is a guideline and prevents people from being disappointed whenever they feel the need to visit a medium.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:53 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye
In short the answer is yes. Allow me to explain a little more.

It's not necessary to obtain 'certain proof' but, it's up to the medium to ask for evidence which proves beyond doubt that communication between a discarnate and incarnate spirit is taking place.

Each medium will work differently, depending on which clair is used. I recall a medium giving me some advice. They said one clair which is best avoided is clairvagueness. I have found this advice useful in my mediumship.

It's essential mediums present themselves in a professional and acceptable manner. Maintaining a standard of practice which is known to work can make a huge difference to a sitting. Following a formula to receive information that will be accepted by the recipient, helps bring the spirit person back to life so to speak. This formula is a guideline and prevents people from being disappointed whenever they feel the need to visit a medium.

Excellent presentation, B. I loved your 'clairvagueness' story! It's just what's needed in this 'Spiritualism' forum as a guide for everyone who doesn't understand what it's about.

So often we find ourselves needing to repeat the explanations we've given in the past. How I wish we had forum 'stickies' explaining the fundamentals of Modern Spiritualism. That's been suggested, and requested, on various recent occasions without success yet it's clear there's an ongoing, unmet need.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:36 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
If you look back at my many postings here and elsewhere I'm fairly confident you'll find me saying much the same things. I hope I've written clearly and implied nothing that would mislead. If I did I apologise - I'd appreciate you pointing out where and why and in future I'll be careful not to repeat.

What I said - and what I've re-iterated and explained further - is what I've been saying for many years.

I'll take it, then, that there wasn't a great deal wrong with what I'd said after all?
Old 09-04-2012, 05:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I'll take it, then, that there wasn't a great deal wrong with what I'd said after all?

No mac, I find the way you say things to be incredibly confusing and contradictory. I really don't want to dig up dirt and have a ridiculous argument about "technicalities" and "you said this and I said this". That kind of conversation is a pain in the neck and I'm not going to do it. Skye has happily and succinctly confirmed my thoughts on the matter where you did not and that is where it will end.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:01 PM
mac

Quote:
No mac, I find the way you say things to be incredibly confusing and contradictory. I really don't want to dig up dirt and have a ridiculous argument about "technicalities" and "you said this and I said this". That kind of conversation is a pain in the neck and I'm not going to do it. Skye has happily and succinctly confirmed my thoughts on the matter where you did not and that is where it will end.

"I find the way you say things to be incredibly confusing and contradictory." I apologise.

I did ask, but you didn't say, what was confusing for you so I'm none the wiser and, hence, unable to do anything to rectify my shortcomings - I wouldn't for one moment have seen it as digging up dirt..... It would have helped me to understand why you couldn't follow what I'd written but hey-ho, onward and upward.

I didn't, incidentally, see anything much different in what skye had written vs. my own piece but, then, the subject is familiar territory for me and not for you....
Old 09-04-2012, 08:25 PM
mac

"Spiritualism is a religion and philosophy whose fundamentals (and I stress this is in the UK) are our survival beyond corporeal death and the possibility of communication, via mediumship, with some of those who have passed over.

Communication is simply a part of Spiritualism albeit an important part."

Old 11-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Skye

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Excellent presentation, B. I loved your 'clairvagueness' story! It's just what's needed in this 'Spiritualism' forum as a guide for everyone who doesn't understand what it's about.

So often we find ourselves needing to repeat the explanations we've given in the past. How I wish we had forum 'stickies' explaining the fundamentals of Modern Spiritualism. That's been suggested, and requested, on various recent occasions without success yet it's clear there's an ongoing, unmet need.

Thanks for your comments mac.

Knowing our religion is so often confused and misunderstood, I agree forum stickies could prove beneficial as a basic guide on a spiritual forum. Although, like you, I won't be holding my breath.