Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 31-03-2020, 02:12 AM
Knower

The Four Principles

The Four Principles

It is not important whether you are spiritual or believe in God .... But the four principles of non-dual understanding (Corollaries) apply to all from the moment one is born until our last breath !!

1. The First Principle states: "Whomsoever you encounter is the right one" ... This means that no one comes into our life by chance. Everyone who is around us, anyone with whom we interact, represents something, whether to teach us something or to help us improve a current situation.
2. The Second Principle states: "Whatever happened is the only thing that could have happened" ... Nothing, absolutely nothing of that which we experienced could have been any other way. Not even in the least important detail. There is no "If only I had done that differently, then it would have been different". NO .. What happened is the only thing that could have taken place and must have taken place for us to learn and evolve in order to move forward. Every single situation in life which we encounter is absolutely perfect, even when it defies our understanding and our ego.
3. The Third Principle states: "Each moment in which something begins is the right moment" ... Everything begins at exactly the right moment and ends at the right moment, neither earlier nor later. This is because we are subconsciously ready for the new experience or challenge.
4. The Fourth Principle states: "What is over, is over"... It is very simple. When something comes to an end, it helps us evolve. Hence, enriched by the recent experience, it is better to let go and move on.

Is it a coincidence that you're here reading this ??? If these words strike a chord, it's because you meet the requirements and understand that not one single snowflake falls accidentally in the wrong place !! If it doesn’t resonate, let it go.

Just be good to yourself. Always be happy ...Love like there's no tomorrow. And if tomorrow comes, well.....Love again

I am Sharing this, because this really resonated and I couldn’t have written it better.

Namaskar
Old 31-03-2020, 08:04 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uday_Advaita
The Four Principles

It is not important whether you are spiritual or believe in God .... But the four principles of non-dual understanding (Corollaries) apply to all from the moment one is born until our last breath !!

1. The First Principle states: "Whomsoever you encounter is the right one" ... This means that no one comes into our life by chance. Everyone who is around us, anyone with whom we interact, represents something, whether to teach us something or to help us improve a current situation.
2. The Second Principle states: "Whatever happened is the only thing that could have happened" ... Nothing, absolutely nothing of that which we experienced could have been any other way. Not even in the least important detail. There is no "If only I had done that differently, then it would have been different". NO .. What happened is the only thing that could have taken place and must have taken place for us to learn and evolve in order to move forward. Every single situation in life which we encounter is absolutely perfect, even when it defies our understanding and our ego.
3. The Third Principle states: "Each moment in which something begins is the right moment" ... Everything begins at exactly the right moment and ends at the right moment, neither earlier nor later. This is because we are subconsciously ready for the new experience or challenge.
4. The Fourth Principle states: "What is over, is over"... It is very simple. When something comes to an end, it helps us evolve. Hence, enriched by the recent experience, it is better to let go and move on.

Is it a coincidence that you're here reading this ??? If these words strike a chord, it's because you meet the requirements and understand that not one single snowflake falls accidentally in the wrong place !! If it doesn’t resonate, let it go.

Just be good to yourself. Always be happy ...Love like there's no tomorrow. And if tomorrow comes, well.....Love again

I am Sharing this, because this really resonated and I couldn’t have written it better.

Namaskar

Advaita (not two) or All is One is the prime principal of non duality. There is much speculation about the implications of that statement for the spiritual search, for example some say Oneness is already all there is, including not realizing that, so nothing to be achieved. Others say realization has to be achieved. Either way both states are Oneness manifest.
Old 31-03-2020, 08:10 AM
Master

Single point checklist: Here & now, do we feel complete?

Old 29-04-2020, 03:36 PM
Knower
Principles #1, 2 and 3 are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

I don't see the relevance in principle #4 and how it is simple. How do you know something is over?
If your spouse sleeps with someone else, is it over?
What if they kiss someone else?
What if they leave you for someone else and come back three months later, saying they are sorry, they made a mistake, they love you and they want to work on your couple's issues rather than running away?
When is it over?
Old 29-04-2020, 03:58 PM
I love this list - and I've known these forever ---well, not in my 30s and under.
I say many of these things to my friends and to myself if I forget
for a minute.
Very good stuff!!!!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 29-04-2020, 07:42 PM
Master

Thanks, Uday_Advaita. Always good to be reminded of these basic principles.

Peace
Old 29-04-2020, 08:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentDrum
Principles #1, 2 and 3 are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

I don't see the relevance in principle #4 and how it is simple. How do you know something is over?
If your spouse sleeps with someone else, is it over?
What if they kiss someone else?
What if they leave you for someone else and come back three months later, saying they are sorry, they made a mistake, they love you and they want to work on your couple's issues rather than running away?
When is it over?

You seem to be talking about an ongoing situation and asking at what point is this situation over. For me, principle#4 is about living in the present and dealing with the reality of this moment. Whatever happened even just a moment ago is over.

If your spouse sleeps with someone else, then that has happened and it is over. The act of the spouse sleeping with another person only exists now as a thought in our head. If you get angry and upset by that thought, then that is the reality of the present moment.

The spouse may repeat the action in the future, but that again only exists as a possibility in our thoughts. It is not the reality now.

It is only a current reality when you walk in and find your spouse in bed with someone else. Then that is the situation you have to deal with. Again, if you get angry and upset, then that is the reality of the present moment.

We live most effectively when we live in the present, dealing with whatever reality presents itself. The past is just a story we tell ourselves, but the past is over.

Peace
Old 29-04-2020, 08:48 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
If your spouse sleeps with someone else, then that has happened and it is over. [...] the past is over.
Now, it is clear. Thanks for explaining 🙏
Old 29-04-2020, 09:24 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Every reference I found to this is titled "The Four Principles of Spirituality". For instance:

https://www.rummuser.com/the-four-pr...-spirituality/

They seem to me to be focused on duality, not non-duality, the latter being one, not two.

They're okay in and of themselves but shouldn't be confused with the core principal of non-dualism. No beginning, no end, no separation. Infinite, Vast, Absolute and not bound by time, space or causation.
Old 30-04-2020, 05:32 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Every reference I found to this is titled "The Four Principles of Spirituality". For instance:

https://www.rummuser.com/the-four-pr...-spirituality/

They seem to me to be focused on duality, not non-duality, the latter being one, not two.

They're okay in and of themselves but shouldn't be confused with the core principal of non-dualism. No beginning, no end, no separation. Infinite, Vast, Absolute and not bound by time, space or causation.

This is all very true, but much of our life is spent dealing with duality. The fact that we come to this forum means that we engage with duality. If we were only concerned with the infinite Absolute then we would not be typing at our keyboard. These four principles seem to be a guide to living effectively in duality. Because unless we have realised non-duality then all talk of infinity and no separation is just a theory.

And of course, duality exists within non-duality and non-duality pervades duality. We can recognise that but still enjoy playing the game of duality.

Peace