Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 08-12-2018, 10:23 PM
Knower

yin/yang spirit soul/animal soul pairs & opposites

I am interested in what you believe, but please in your own plain language. Tell me what you think from your understanding without quotes from other works.

This is what I believe. There are many references throughout the world, within religions and philosophies, or as Mircea Eliade called it the ‘Axis Mundi, or center of the world. For me it is a reference to the energetic center within each of us. I believe it is Nirvana from Hinduism, the yellow middle from Taoism, the Garden of Eden from Christianity, and many other similar references. The question is what is this within us and how do we get there?

It is an experience, a personal journey. The reaching of Nirvana, Salvation, Following ‘The Way or path’ in Taoism etc…

I believe it is shifting one’s consciousness from external things outside to internal things within. We begin this process using meditation. Quiet the mind and listen. I believe all cultures speak of two halves of our consciousness. Male/female, light/dark, yin/yang, heaven/earth, etc… These are pairs and opposites. In the same way the human mind, read animal soul(Taoist term), is brain based and creates a brain based reality, read projected reality. There is another heart based is spirit soul(another Taoist term) and is generates a reality from the heart that is the real world around us, read phenomenal world.

We are all made up of these two halves the animal soul and spirit soul. We can’t experience the world around us from both at the same time and often are not even aware of which we are experiencing the world from in any given moment. When we begin to go within via meditation, we begin to sense the phenomenal world more and more. We see ourselves as we truly are in the world, often not pretty, but this is where true growth begins, and we can change ourselves. Acceptance of self in our imperfections and changing these things we find is the The Way.

In the world of duality there are there energetic systems. Heaven, Earth, Man (Taoism), Father, Son, Holy Ghost(Trinity), lower, middle, and upper chakra groups from eastern philosophies. The energy of Heaven is separate and distinct from the Energy of Earth. They coexist and are all around us, but they don’t interact. The only place they interact is within each of us. We have both within us, this is the source of our dual nature.

We never truly become One being, we can become One being that is creating and maintaining this balance of these two energetic systems with us in any given moment. If you have the energy of heaven and the energy of Earth within you in balance and harmony, this puts you in the Axis Mundi, yellow middle, center, the Garden of Eden…where all things come from.

When we came here the first time, there was not much interference between us and our center. As we have this human experience from the animal soul, we imprint unresolved issues within ourselves. Over lifetimes we no longer sense the spirit soul within us. All this accumulated ‘stuff’ that we are not aware of dictates our choices and how we experience the phenomenal world or not.

The Way back is to identify these things, remove them until they are no longer are a part of you and you can achieve and maintain Center within yourself in any given moment.

That’s what I think. This is the experience I am having this lifetime. I don’t think it ever ends as long as we are in human form, but every day my connection with universe or Source grows stronger because of the work I do on myself.

Thanks for reading.

More at thethreeandntheone.com

Brian
Old 09-12-2018, 12:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MChang
I am interested in what you believe, but please in your own plain language. Tell me what you think from your understanding without quotes from other works.

This is what I believe. There are many references throughout the world, within religions and philosophies, or as Mircea Eliade called it the ‘Axis Mundi, or center of the world. For me it is a reference to the energetic center within each of us. I believe it is Nirvana from Hinduism, the yellow middle from Taoism, the Garden of Eden from Christianity, and many other similar references. The question is what is this within us and how do we get there?

It is an experience, a personal journey. The reaching of Nirvana, Salvation, Following ‘The Way or path’ in Taoism etc…

I believe it is shifting one’s consciousness from external things outside to internal things within. We begin this process using meditation. Quiet the mind and listen. I believe all cultures speak of two halves of our consciousness. Male/female, light/dark, yin/yang, heaven/earth, etc… These are pairs and opposites. In the same way the human mind, read animal soul(Taoist term), is brain based and creates a brain based reality, read projected reality. There is another heart based is spirit soul(another Taoist term) and is generates a reality from the heart that is the real world around us, read phenomenal world.

We are all made up of these two halves the animal soul and spirit soul. We can’t experience the world around us from both at the same time and often are not even aware of which we are experiencing the world from in any given moment. When we begin to go within via meditation, we begin to sense the phenomenal world more and more. We see ourselves as we truly are in the world, often not pretty, but this is where true growth begins, and we can change ourselves. Acceptance of self in our imperfections and changing these things we find is the The Way.

In the world of duality there are there energetic systems. Heaven, Earth, Man (Taoism), Father, Son, Holy Ghost(Trinity), lower, middle, and upper chakra groups from eastern philosophies. The energy of Heaven is separate and distinct from the Energy of Earth. They coexist and are all around us, but they don’t interact. The only place they interact is within each of us. We have both within us, this is the source of our dual nature.

We never truly become One being, we can become One being that is creating and maintaining this balance of these two energetic systems with us in any given moment. If you have the energy of heaven and the energy of Earth within you in balance and harmony, this puts you in the Axis Mundi, yellow middle, center, the Garden of Eden…where all things come from.

When we came here the first time, there was not much interference between us and our center. As we have this human experience from the animal soul, we imprint unresolved issues within ourselves. Over lifetimes we no longer sense the spirit soul within us. All this accumulated ‘stuff’ that we are not aware of dictates our choices and how we experience the phenomenal world or not.

The Way back is to identify these things, remove them until they are no longer are a part of you and you can achieve and maintain Center within yourself in any given moment.

That’s what I think. This is the experience I am having this lifetime. I don’t think it ever ends as long as we are in human form, but every day my connection with universe or Source grows stronger because of the work I do on myself.

Thanks for reading.

More at thethreeandntheone.com

Brian

Yin/yang are not seen as opposite, rather complimentary opposites as each contains the other and cannot exist independently. They are the dance of two becoming one...
Old 09-12-2018, 05:44 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

Yin/yang are not seen as opposite, rather complimentary opposites as each contains the other and cannot exist independently. They are the dance of two becoming one...

Pairs and opposite. light/dark, positive/negative, yin/yang, male/female, agree always existing as pairs and always as equals, but opposites. If you stand in the middle between the energy of these pairs and opposites, and have the same amount of energy of each, this is balance. If you have more yin or more yang you are pulled off center. Picture yourself on the center of a spinning wheel. As long as you are on the center you are, for the most part, unaffected by the rotating motion. As soon as you step off or are pulled off center you begin the be affected by the rotating motion.

Think of the spiral. If you draw a line from the outside of a rotating wheel to the center while the wheel is in motion you get the figure of the spiral. I believe the spiral is a representation of the metaphysical journey to the center or yellow middle.

Thanks.

Brian
Old 09-12-2018, 05:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Pairs and opposite. light/dark, positive/negative, yin/yang, male/female, agree always existing as pairs and always as equals, but opposites. If you stand in the middle between the energy of these pairs and opposites, and have the same amount of energy of each, this is balance. If you have more yin or more yang you are pulled off center. Picture yourself on the center of a spinning wheel. As long as you are on the center you are, for the most part, unaffected by the rotating motion. As soon as you step off or are pulled off center you begin the be affected by the rotating motion.

Think of the spiral. If you draw a line from the outside of a rotating wheel to the center while the wheel is in motion you get the figure of the spiral. I believe the spiral is a representation of the metaphysical journey to the center or yellow middle.

Thanks.

Brian

We can agree to differ
Old 09-12-2018, 10:43 PM
Knower

Quote:
We can agree to differ

I think we agree, but maybe use different language. I use this compass in my work on myself where yin exists in one quadrant and it's opposite yang exists in the other quadrant.

thethreeandtheone.com/articles/oneness-a-discussion-of-what-it-is-to-be-one-within-and-one-with-the-world-around-you

Thanks.

Brian
Old 10-12-2018, 05:25 PM
Knower

Quote:
We can agree to differ

Sky:

I think I see where language got in my way. I think you are looking at it from the visual of the yin yang symbol that has a little white int he black and black int he white representing some of each in the other. Correct me if I am not correct.

Heaven and Earth being separate energetic systems. The trigrams are part of the energy of Heaven and within this system, I agree they interact a co-mingle.

Thanks.

Brian
Old 10-12-2018, 06:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Sky:

I think I see where language got in my way. I think you are looking at it from the visual of the yin yang symbol that has a little white int he black and black int he white representing some of each in the other. Correct me if I am not correct.

Heaven and Earth being separate energetic systems. The trigrams are part of the energy of Heaven and within this system, I agree they interact a co-mingle.

Thanks.

Brian

I look at it from visual and also inner experience, yes Yin has the seed of Yang and vice-versa. One cannot exist without the other and they continually flow from one to the other as does the Universe, everything is in constant flux. I see yin/Yang as complimentary opposites rather than opposites.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:15 PM
Knower

Quote:
I look at it from visual and also inner experience, yes Yin has the seed of Yang and vice-versa. One cannot exist without the other and they continually flow from one to the other as does the Universe, everything is in constant flux. I see yin/Yang as complimentary opposites rather than opposites.

Have you ever meditated and used the yin yang symbol? Visualize it spinning over your head, clockwise from above and pick yin or yang and let it flow through your crown chakra into you body and see what you experience then try the other. take care brian
Old 12-12-2018, 06:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Have you ever meditated and used the yin yang symbol? Visualize it spinning over your head, clockwise from above and pick yin or yang and let it flow through your crown chakra into you body and see what you experience then try the other. take care brian

No I haven't meditated on symbols or chakras, I practice Vipassana or Samatha.
Old 13-12-2018, 02:12 AM
ImthatIm

MChang

I think your on to something.

The "center" or the "one" is the point at which you are plugged in to the source.