Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Electronic Communication

Old 04-06-2012, 12:18 AM
Altair

Having a hard time obtaining an EVP

Well as my title states it, I am having difficulties. I just recently bought a $160 dollar Olympus digital recorder so I can't blame it on the equipment-- this thing rocks! But I am not having much luck with it. Just curious with other ghost hunters out there-- how long did it take you to obtain an EVP? Is it based on luck or certain environments or atmosphere of the situation?

Thank you for your help and guidance on the matter
Old 06-06-2012, 03:22 AM
MYFIGO

Hi.... I think being in a place that has known spirit activity is an important first step. I converse with the spirits in a very respectful and loving way. I express appreciation for the life they lived and let them know that even though there may be no one around who knew them when they lived, they are not forgotten and are still loved.

When I have visited cemeteries and taken photographs, the photos right after I say these words have many orbs with faces in them. The ones before and a bit after will not. The faces are quite human looking and of all ages and personalities.

The EVP's I have done were in haunted places on overnight investigations. The problem with that is that the more people there are, the more likely it is that someone in the group will say something and corrupt your evidence. But still some EVP's seem to be intelligent responses that we did not hear at the time. It's so neat that we have all this technology to record paranormal events, unfortunately it can all be faked with the same technology, so don't be disappointed if your evidence is not treated with respect.

I think the most convincing were the flashlight responses with video recording of voice and picture. Together they make a convincing report.

The day after I came home from an investigation, I heard a sniffle behind me as I put laundry away in the closet. I did meditation that night and saw a vision of a young girl of about 8. I sent her to the light where 2 angels were waiting to help her cross over. She turned back and scowled at me with tears in her eyes... she was so mad at me for not knowing she was with me. The angels smiled at me to assure me she would be just fine... but I felt so bad for not sensing her with me. She was attracted to me by my kindness and light... so even though we did a smudging with sage, she still hitchhiked home with me. We had been to an orphanage.

I would suggest taking the investigation quite seriously and treat the spirits with respect ... just like you would like to be treated in their situation. I think you'll have the best results by being professional and you won't have to wait too long. The more you believe in the spirit world, the better your abilities will develop.

Hope this all helps!
Old 06-06-2012, 03:36 AM
Altair

Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply. I have been becoming discouraged lately cause I have been doing several recordings now at various cemeteries and I am not getting anything. I am being respectful to them. I would announce my name and why I am there and that I am not trying to hurt them. I also mention to not be shy or scared and that I have a device that can record them so I can actually hear what they say. I then say hello hoping to get back a reply. I then ask if they have anything they want to say that they can say it. I then also ask random questions depending on where I am. But sadly, I am not having much luck. I will keep at it, but this is why I wonder if I am doing something wrong. I will definitely take your advice though. Thank you!!
Old 06-06-2012, 10:02 PM
MYFIGO

Good luck!... try taking photos with a digital camera... even at night and with flash. Some people will tell you that it is dust spots, but some pictures will have none and others will have many. Also, how does one explain the faces? Sometimes there are no EVP's. Some faces will be without an orb... just there on the photo. You need to view the photo on a computer and enlarge it and then scroll inch by inch. You'll be surprised by what you can get!

The experiment with a flashlight (mag lites with a twist on feature) that you set to almost on and then ask them to respond by making the flashlight turn on is a fascinating experience.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Altair

wow, I didn't even think about that with the orbs in photos with the dust spots. I was one of those skeptics about it. But that is an interesting point you have.

Experiment with the flashlight? That does sound interesting. Thank you again!! I really appreciate the response! ^_^