Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 27-08-2014, 06:29 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew

............There is no punishment in heaven.....
There is no punishment in heaven. But there is the punishment we can impose on ourseves that keep us from heaven (higher vibrational) realms on the other side. Just like self judgement can keep us from heaven on earth realms. Just my opinion
Old 27-08-2014, 07:17 AM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by lili
There is no punishment in heaven. But there is the punishment we can impose on ourseves that keep us from heaven (higher vibrational) realms on the other side. Just like self judgement can keep us from heaven on earth realms. Just my opinion

"Heaven" is just a word which means "spirit world". As such we all go there by default after death. There's no alternative in this. When a man who is overly burdened with negativity, like Hitler, dies he is met by his guide who takes him to a place of isolation where he stays for as long as it takes for him to awaken. Then the usual process of learning and preparation for a next lifetime resumes.
Old 27-08-2014, 08:11 AM
TommyHG

Whatever it was, it led me to the notion that death was just the continuation of life by other means..
Old 30-08-2014, 03:22 PM
StopTheInsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyj
i have studied near death experiences and they are fasinating but still they are all so different it still the unknown that your entering when you die and i would love to believe you are held and guided and that everything that happens to you in this life and beyond is for your highest good but i dont trust that i have a hard time trusting anything!
i think there are dark forces as well as good how can you be sure nothing bad will happen does anyone else worry like i do? after all no one really knows anything do we ?
Its the not knowing that gets me the most i've felt unprotected all my life and bad things have happened to me i am really like a disturbed child living in an adults body with no mother to comfort me and make it ok since this is my life state it will probally carry over and maybe be amplified in my afterlife state

Our God is nothing but Love, Mercy, and Compassion...I'll try to be your mother, sweetheart...I don't believe our Creator designed death to be scary for us...Sleep is the closest we come...So you go to sleep lil girl, and your Father will carry you to bed and you will wake up in a different bed in the morning, just as when we are about to pass over, angels come to us and carry us to the Paradise in the Hereafter...

Just remember, the more you learn of God, and live the Commandments, and practice mutual love in all circumstances, the less you will be afraid of departing from this world to the next...I, personally, can't wait to see what's in store for us on the other side, as I know for certain that this world is nothing in comparison...I'm 72, and have learned a lot of valuable lessons in this life, some painful, some not)...And, I've seen what appeared to be an almost innocent world of the fifties disappear through the years to a world and a country, and people headed for hell in this life...So I understand what you mean by scary...But to tell you the truth, everything is scary but God...But even loving God is a gift which only comes when you live His way, which by comparison, is easy compared to Hell's way...Look at all the slaves, and zombies out there addicted to drugs, and/or alcohol, money, possessions, fraud, deceit, and lusts of the flesh, etc...Wish you well in your journey through this life...Stay on the right path and you will be OK and should have absolutely no fear when you finally reach your final destination...HEAVEN!...HalleluYAH
Old 06-10-2014, 05:09 PM
Knower

I also was afraid of death because of the unknown. My sister in law died about 2 years ago and has visited me on many occasions. I now believe 100% that there is an afterlife and there is no reason to be afraid of death.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:33 AM
Deactivated Account
I am if it's true that it's a abyss of loneliness and silent darkness. I'm not worried at all that will happen though.
Old 15-10-2014, 07:22 PM
Master
I used to be afraid because I was a miserable, insane , alcoholic . Death at that point would not have been a good idea, and I knew it .

Not so now, some 25 years later . Can hardly wait to get my ticket punched
zoom zoom
Old 15-10-2014, 07:26 PM
Deactivated Account
What if questions are the ones that scare me the most. What if all the religions have it right, and we end up in a lake of fire. Or are apart of the Devil's army and forced to do sickening things. It's that "unknown" factor that will ALWAYS keep me restless at night when it comes to afterlife possibilities.
Old 15-10-2014, 07:37 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic
What if questions are the ones that scare me the most. What if all the religions have it right, and we end up in a lake of fire. Or are apart of the Devil's army and forced to do sickening things. It's that "unknown" factor that will ALWAYS keep me restless at night when it comes to afterlife possibilities.

Can you imagine a parent sending their child to hell in the name of 'love'?

There's nothing to fear, death is nothing to worry about. Have you read some NDE stories? Read the positive ones. That might help a bit.
Old 15-10-2014, 07:48 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
Can you imagine a parent sending their child to hell in the name of 'love'?

There's nothing to fear, death is nothing to worry about. Have you read some NDE stories? Read the positive ones. That might help a bit.

Well technically the guy that rules doesn't have to be loving. For all we know he is psychopathic and upon death will makes feel pain and horror. I have however come to terms with death as of right now that is. I remember feeling the lowest ever when I believed that Death brought the end of all things and I'd be abyss of nothingness(positive) for all eternity.

The NDE stories kinda make me cringed, with how much religious figures like Jesus and St Paul being in them. I'd feel much better with a netural figure appearing to me after I die and not Jesus or some other religious figure. But that's just me.