Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 22-10-2010, 12:28 PM
Lindsey89

What is a Chakra?

I was browsing threw some books and it said my most strongest one was my heart? I think thats right. But what excatly are Chakras?
Old 22-10-2010, 12:44 PM
Sangress

In my opinion, Chakras/Energy Centers are like organs to your non-physical/spiritual body, they each have a specific purpose and they all create a different frequency of Energy in order to keep you spiritually and physically healthy.

Last edited by Sangress : 23-10-2010 at 03:45 AM.
Old 22-10-2010, 02:05 PM
sunny shine

Important energy centers which feed your energy field (Aura) there are 7 main energy centers each of which has a different purpose and are aligned in your energy body.
Old 23-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Serenity Bear

The chakras are where meridian energy lines of the body cross. There are 7 major and 21 minor. The 7 major are centered down the spine, while the 21 minor are scattered round the body.

Each chakra has a front and back, the Crown and Base chakras being the top and bottom of the same one. They appear very much like flower buds or blooms depending if they are open or closed. Each is centered on the spine with the front facing forward and the back facing backwards.

Inside the chakra they have swerling vortexs which help the energy into and out of the body.

Chakra is pronounced Chuck Run - and it comes from Sanskrit Text. Each Chakra has its own Sanskrit title = look them up, Iv not got them handy.

Each chakra also spines are a freqrency to match a musical note on the C scale, and thus resonates at a certain colour.

Starting at the top crown:

Crown - on the crown of the head - Violet
Brow or Third Eye - Just above and inbetween the eyes - Indigo
Throat - On the Adams Apple - Blue
Heart - Centralised on the Heart and down the spine - Green
Solar Plexus - Above the belly button - Yellow
Sacral Plexus - Below the belly button - Orange
Base - The end of the Spine - Red

Each chakra also can be used for certain types of mediumship, healing and relates to certain body parts.
Old 23-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Gracey

they are glands
Old 23-10-2010, 06:57 PM
LightFilledHeart

I've been taught there are more than seven chakras. The word itself comes from the sanskrit word for wheel... and they do indeed simuilate a spinning energy wheel. We have another several that extend beyond and above the crown chakra at the top of the head I'm told, as well as many minor chakras, such as in the palms of the hands and on the souls of the feet. The seven main ones have already been listed here, so no need for me to be rudundant and repeat them There is some disagreement or discussion on the colors that represent the individual main seven chakras as well, but when I see them on a client, I see red at the base, orange at the sexual, yellow at the solar plexus, green at the heart, blue at the throat, indigo at the third eye, and a pale white-ish violet at the crown.
Old 23-10-2010, 07:23 PM
Master
Energy centers which related to the body and to the soul and to the spirit. I beleive we have more than the seven that most know about.
xoxo
Spiritlite
Also in my opinion chakras make the color of the aura.
Old 23-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Lindsey89

What do they do? Like to you meditate and focus on one... Or somthing like that?

Thankyou for all the replys!
Old 24-10-2010, 05:53 AM
sunny shine

Lindsey89 there are a lot of information on chakras on the net. If you just do a google search there are floods of information. Yes you can meditate on them, there are many posts on chakra meditations on the meditation sub forum.
Old 26-10-2010, 12:08 AM
Misscpb

Hello Lindsey

Chakras are energy wheels that process the incoming and outgoing energy of a person, energising, stabilising and maintaining the health of the body, mind and soul. There are 7 Chakras which all have individual names and different colours, and they relate to specific body parts, functions and emotions. They can be affected by a persons thoughts, beliefs, feelings, actions and experiences.

You can close your eyes and one at a time ask to see the colours of your chakras, starting with the root chakra at the base which is red, then mentally either fill it with pure white light to clean it, or pretened you have a psychic vaccum cleaner to clean it - then it turns into a beautiful red colour. Then do the same with the other different coloured chakras.