Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Closed Thread

Old 27-10-2006, 08:39 PM
~Jay~

Getting too emotional?

Whilst doing some psychometry on a photo of my husband's father the other day, who died many years ago when hubby was just a boy, I got really emotional. I could feel it mainly in my heart & solar plexus areas, like a block of strong emotion. I also had a similar feeling with another person I did some psychometry with at my development class. In the end, I had to break off & give her the item back that I was practising with.

The other day I was moaning to my friend who runs my circle about how I've reached a plateau, and don't seem to be improving any more, and wasn't sure which direction to take, blah, blah,blah. Amongst this conversation she said that I needed to stop reacting so strongly to the emotions I was picking up on, and that spirit would stop me progressing any further until I'd sorted this out.

The thing is, as far as I'm concerned, the emotions I picked up on weren't mine - they belonged to spirit, and I was just doing my job as a medium! If I hadn't felt this so strongly, I wouldn't have given such an accurate reading, so I'm not sure if what I've been told is right. It's not like it affected me for a long time afterwards either, because after a couple of minutes I was fine.

Does anyone else feel these emotions strongly, and am I doing anything wrong or not?
Old 27-10-2006, 08:42 PM
~Jay~

Oh, also just wanted to add that I didn't burst into tears or anything - I just felt a little overwhelmed!
Old 27-10-2006, 08:50 PM
Deactivated Account
i get that on very rare occasion, it's all part and parcel i think xx
Old 27-10-2006, 09:43 PM
Lapis

Jaycee,

I've had the same super intense emotional reactions (as you know ) to different things like this. I'm talking about empathic, psychic, psychometric type of things. Personally I feel that if that particual energy is huge and intense, that's just another aspect of what you've picked up on.

Now what you 'read' to me makes a whole lotta sense for 2 big reasons.

1) He's your hubby and there's a big connection and love there anyway.
2) His Dad died when he was a kid!!!! Geeese, to be expected I'd think.

If you felt your hubby's emotional pains (repressed or otherwise) in YOUR heart and solar plexus, I'd tell your husband to work on any and all of his old emotional wounds/pains/aloneness/etc etc. now so there's no physical health problems down the road. He may say it's all fine but the energy is saying differently IMO.

A few years ago a wonderful and very wise woman told me that she'd gotten a rather scary result back from an x-ray of her uterus. There were lumps and dark masses and such and she'd already had cancer in another part of her body, so she was really concerned. Because she'd told me months prior that she'd lost 2 of her children when they were young (like ages 4 and 8), I asked her if she'd totally released those maternal 2nd Chakra wounds from her uterus due to her 2 childrens deaths? She got it instantly, made the connections and immediately did the emotional release work she needed to.

2 weeks later she had another doctors appointment and they x-rayed again and everything that had been in her uterus before......was totally gone!

We all need to do whatever deep internal emotional 'House Cleanings' we need to for all the obvious reasons. If an empath or psychic reads a persons deep inner emotional energy wounds/fears/pains/ etc., you better believe that you're going to feel all that they haven't as yet! Do not beat yourself up over this because it's pretty normal. With a lot of practice the sensitive can get in and out of these unresolved emotional energy messes of other people's with less personal fuss n' muss themselves but...... it is what it is and that's why we do it in the first place.

Personally I too prefer to NOT go into public crying and snot flying and moaning and all the rest of it, but sometimes that's the only way to learn something ourselves. And because he's your husband, you just may have taken the edge off of a whole big bunch of his unresolved emotional Dad issues for him. You may have opened that door for him so that it's a little bit less intense when he enters it.

Usually these type of learnings teach us what are our thoughts, what are our emotions, what are our fears/pains/wounds and what aren't....and that's a really important thing to clearly be able to know in an instant. That's one of many things you may be learning about now Jaycee. You're doing everything just right and I don't believe that feeling is ever a bad thing at all.
Old 13-01-2007, 10:17 AM
OceanWaves19161

Personally I find it really annoying when people tell me to stop being emotional/feeling emotional over something. We're humans, emotions are apart of everyday life and no one has the right to tell us how we should or shouldn't feel. No two people are exactly the same, some of us are more emotional than others and thats just how it is. As long as you can recognise the difference between your emotions and someone else's emotions I really don't see the problem.

Alana
Old 13-01-2007, 10:38 AM
dreamer

Hey Jaycee,

Bob gave me a great tip the other night about blocks. I've had a block in my solar plexus been trying to work on it there but Bob suggested working on the opposite chakra. So if the hearts the balancing point then the opposite chakra is the throat, which is true the block in my solar plexus is caused by a fear of communicating myself fully. Helped me anyway.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:57 PM
spiritalk

Psychometry is both physical and mental. When we open to the physical senses we can feel overwhelmed at that sensitive level. When we allow it to be the mental level, we feel the emotions with less emotionalism attached.

God bless, j
Old 09-04-2007, 04:02 AM
wisdominlight

Have you tried Chakra Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer
Hey Jaycee,

Bob gave me a great tip the other night about blocks. I've had a block in my solar plexus been trying to work on it there but Bob suggested working on the opposite chakra. So if the hearts the balancing point then the opposite chakra is the throat, which is true the block in my solar plexus is caused by a fear of communicating myself fully. Helped me anyway.

Have you tried Doreen Virtue's CD-Chakra Clearing? I SWEAR by this CD, it has helped me SO much, it has even helped my husband and he's not a complete believe in all this. I can literally feel the difference after I go through the chakra clearing on the CD. Also, I ask my angels to clear my chakras, specifically Archangel Metatron and I can feel an immediate difference. You may also want to ask your guides/angels what it is that is causing the block... as our thoughts and emotions are connected to our chakras and any negative beliefs or thoughts we have affect the associated chakra.
Closed Thread