Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 07-04-2011, 06:40 AM
Raptor Witness

Jonah & the whale - the exception or the rule, in terms of animal signs

I have a question for the members here, and if you'll take the time to think about it for a minute, we may all find something new.

I've been making natural disaster predictions of various kinds for the past five years or so, and I've run into something that I'm curious if any of you have experienced.

It doesn't matter what religion you are, you hopefully have heard the story of Jonah and the whale. The story has many twists and turns, but what I've discovered in my own spiritual life is something similar to what he experienced.

What I've found, is that if I'm led in my own spirit to write a warning or a prediction, especially about a natural disaster I see coming, and I ignore it due to my own fear or disbelief, I've found that animals will often come to me to make me think about the event in my mind’s eye, and often push me into writing what I otherwise have been avoiding.

The interesting thing that compares somewhat with the story of Jonah and the whale is the curious nature of these experiences. Number one, the whole story of Jonah and this whale is very odd indeed. No one has ever experienced this in modern times, that we know of, but of course it's not beyond the realm of possibilities, I would presume. The important point is not so much could it happen, but why use an animal? Also, why use an animal in such a unique way? What is the significance of this use, because I've experienced something very similar, over and over for several years, and I swear these are not hallucinations or imaginary friends? These are very real and sober minded events.

I'll get into more detail later on, but I just wanted to throw this concept out there first.

The thing I've noticed, is that in these situations, where I am ignoring my spirit ... these animal signs are usually either directed specifically so I'll know what event they are underlining, and happen in such a way so that I have no doubt in my own mind that what I'm seeing is very real and unique. Take for example seeing an animal doing something you wouldn't normally see them doing. Something totally out of the ordinary for an animal, such as where they appear, or often completely out of character it would seem, for the species. Something that draws your attention to them, where otherwise you might just ignore the behavior or say to yourself, "that's nice," and move on.

My own experiences have led me to this question, only recently, where I find myself asking the question I pose in the title.

I'm especially interested in what any Native Americans here, may think of this. What is the significance of using the animal to get our attention?

Thanks ...
Old 07-04-2011, 08:38 AM
Ciqala

Well in short answer (on the go - i can respond in more detail later if you want me to) animals have huge significance in native american culture. We view them as respected guiding spirits, all animals have souls and are living creatures, and all animals have different teachings, medicine to offer, they come to us as signs, omens, warnings, telling us many things... they can come to us as spirit guides, and that animals are knowledgable, enlightened beings that can teach us many things... They are very respected and help bring us closer to God.

I also do some work with natural earth disasters, have predictions and such.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:18 PM
Raptor Witness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala
Well in short answer (on the go - i can respond in more detail later if you want me to) animals have huge significance in native american culture. We view them as respected guiding spirits, all animals have souls and are living creatures, and all animals have different teachings, medicine to offer, they come to us as signs, omens, warnings, telling us many things... they can come to us as spirit guides, and that animals are knowledgable, enlightened beings that can teach us many things... They are very respected and help bring us closer to God.

I also do some work with natural earth disasters, have predictions and such.
I never used to think much about the Native American concept of animal signs, or their importance to them, but after experiencing some on my own, I've become a big believer in them.

I also have one relative who believed in this, and he told one story in particular of how he believed an animal saved his life, and I never forgot it. It's too personal to share at the moment, but it has always meant a lot to me.

I believe the animals helped native peoples, especially to find medicinal plants, but also to warn of danger and many other things. Some you could argue were magical thinking, of course, but not all. Not all by a longshot.

The animals have helped me spiritually, when people failed me, and I have to believe the hand of God or the Great Spirit was involved in this; in particular, because I wasn't really looking for them to do this. It's the unexpected in nature that I've learned to pay special attention to.

I'm very interested in anyone's general belief here, on this subject.

I've read that following the great earthquake in Indonesia and deadly tsunami, which followed in late 2004, no indigenous people were believed to have lost their lives, despite many groups living very close to the shoreline. The answer became obvious, when researchers began examining the facts. They were watching the animals move away from shore.

So if any psychiatrist tells you that the animals have nothing to say, and that you are engaged in magical thinking, you tell him the story of the earthquake in 2004, and who survived, and who didn't. The elephants that were tied up all along those beaches in India and Sumatra broke their chains and headed uphill. That's what I call, real magic.