Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 28-01-2018, 03:01 PM
Master

[quote=swampgrl]I looked at you question in a new light and thought I would a observation.

Perhaps the mind regards itself as the enemy because it knows what it is capable of and consequently, cannot be trusted.

A hallmark of an enemy is that which cannot be trusted.[/QUOT]

Some minds do not regard themselves as an enemy and assist the organism served in many helpful and varied ways.

It seems to be in the one area of the spiritual search that it is plagued by the majority opinion that it is an enemy. Maybe it is because, by definition, seekers believe there is something lacking/wrong in themselves that they are attracted to the idea that the person/mind/ego must be obliterated, when clearly in a more natural state, without that negative conditioning, that would not be the case.
Old 28-02-2018, 04:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
Have you ever asked yourself the question. What is it in you that regards your mind as an enemy? Could it be your mind itself that regards itself as such? Why would it do that? Just what is going on?
The crux of the matter is what actually "owns" the mind to conceive it as such?
Old 28-02-2018, 05:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Have you ever asked yourself the question. What is it in you that regards your mind as an enemy? Could it be your mind itself that regards itself as such? Why would it do that? Just what is going on?

Mind = enemy? Why? The mind is simply an instrument I use, if I don't like what I am getting from the mind, all I have to do is change the frequency and I get something different from the mind. It's a bit like changing the frequency on the dial of a radio.
There is only one mind within this reality, and everyone in this reality is linked to it. If you don't like the thought you are getting, change frequency, your frequency.
Old 28-02-2018, 07:59 AM
Knower
The mind, any mind, is harmless yet be an enemy unto itself and by extension its surroundings.
Old 28-02-2018, 10:52 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
Mind = enemy? Why? The mind is simply an instrument I use, if I don't like what I am getting from the mind, all I have to do is change the frequency and I get something different from the mind. It's a bit like changing the frequency on the dial of a radio.
There is only one mind within this reality, and everyone in this reality is linked to it. If you don't like the thought you are getting, change frequency, your frequency.

Why? Because we are told by various paths and practises that mind must be subdued. It may be the chatter of mind that folks don't like. It seems to disturb them and keep them awake at night. But if that chatter is simply the activity of mind, like a fast computer, automatically running to work on discomfort in the organism, we can just let it get on with its job.
Old 28-02-2018, 10:56 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
The crux of the matter is what actually "owns" the mind to conceive it as such?

Hi Shivani,

Is not the mind autonomous so nothing owning it. What do you think?
Old 28-02-2018, 11:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Hi Shivani,

Is not the mind autonomous so nothing owning it. What do you think?
Then why say "your mind" and "your enemy" if the mind itself is autonomous?
Old 28-02-2018, 11:34 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Then why say "your mind" and "your enemy" if the mind itself is autonomous?

Because it feels like mind inhabited the organism with the feeling like the mind experienced is mind reflecting on itself. What's your understanding. Is it like there is one universal mind (Oneness even) that inhabits each appearance of the separate entities that make up the manifestation?
Old 28-02-2018, 11:34 AM
Master

Got to go. Catch you later
Old 28-02-2018, 11:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Because it feels like mind inhabited the organism with the feeling like the mind experienced is mind reflecting on itself. What's your understanding. Is it like there is one universal mind (Oneness even) that inhabits each appearance of the separate entities that make up the manifestation?
BINGO! you've hit the nail on the head.

Quote:
Got to go. Catch you later

Nice to speak with you again and take care.