Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 31-03-2016, 06:27 AM
Newbie ;)

Cat Anime/manga

Anime/manga is form of art (to me at least) Used to love drawing characters.

I think the first anime I watched was Salor Moon. Then it expanded from Inuyasha, Kikis delivery service,(all of Hayao Miyazaki's work), Fullmoon wo saga****a, Naruto, Bleach, full metal alchemist, cowboy bebop, (pretty much any anime that played on tsunami or adult swim, full metal panic, Fairy Tale, Nana, School Rumble, Tokyo Goul,Ghost hunt, D.gray-man, Claymore, Darker than black. And many more.

My new favorite source for watching anime is on hulu (but they have way to many sub which is frustrating). I used to go on crunchy roll but I felt like it was kind of a pain plus there wasn't many dubbed anime on there but it has been a long time since I've been there.

As for manga, the list is to long and honestly for a long time I was on like a one shot binge. Honestly I was more into manga when I was in high school than I am now.

Let me know what you guys think of anime/manga. Name me off some favorites or just talk about some that you absolutely love!
Old 31-03-2016, 10:14 AM
Knower
Started with DBZ and Sailor Moon. They were on tv where I lived. Then I remember they started showing some other ones like Record of Lodoss War, which fascinated me. I started trying to draw my own and it looked very DBZish, and this one jerk was like "DBZ isn't even proper anime, it's like, for kids". He recommended Berserk so I looked into that and got hooked. Watched the series, then read the manga up to where Miura trailed off for the next 13 years of inconsistent and slow releases. Sigh.

So I got into Wolf's Rain, then GTO, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Claymore, and a load of others. While the guy was a jerk, he was right that Seinen anime and manga are completely different. I discovered the work of Naoki Urasawa finally, who has been my favorite mangaka ever since, and Monster my favorite anime. I doubt his work will ever be topped in Japan, because the younger artists all seem interested only in making dark stories which are as weird and disgusting as possible, or as fluffy and cheesy as possible, there is very little that reflects real life as well as Urasawa and captures these feelings of nostalgia, mystery and hope.
Old 31-03-2016, 05:49 PM
Guide

I love anime and manga. I have a collection of over 500 books
Over the last years I haven't been so much into it as I used to but I kinda wanna get back ...
I love classics like inuyasha and sailor moon (it was cool they gave it a reboot), also series like nana, vampire knight, loveless, monster really is ah-mazing ... I also like Korean manga mostly cause of the art.
Maybe I should check out what series are popular now
Old 31-03-2016, 06:02 PM
Knower
I also watched inuyasha with my then-gf, we must have watched 100 of the episodes, and then gave up on it. I loved discovering Ghibli films for the first time. Spirited Away was a special experience to watch.

BTW I did a review of a couple of spiritually related anime films, you can find it in my sig.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:41 AM
Newbie ;)

cool Ill definitely check them out @soulsmotion. @mused thats a lot of manga. I mostly read my manga online like on mangahere.co.

Im pretty much open to any anime/manga. I can usually find anything and start watching it as long as it in english. If its in sub it takes more of an effort for me to watch. I don't think I've ever heard of Naoki Urasawa or watched Monster, something ill have to look into later on.

@Mused Omg I remember when I was like obsessed with vampire knight when it first came out haha..Loveless was pretty good too. I do get a little disappointed when they only make one season of like a really good anime, especially when they leave you kind of hanging/full of questions(loveless). Also Code Geass was like that, funniest thing to me was the english version had like cut out the like last 2-3 mins of the very last episode but the Japanese version had the last part.

I do like anime/manga that have a darker side or like a slice of life.

Other anime I really liked were;Magi(loved this one), Blast of tempest, Cardcaptor sakura, From the new world,Fruits basket, Psycho-pass, Digimon(which there in the process of a new season with the original kids kind of grown up), Dead man wonderland, Eden of the east, Eureka Seven, Gatchaman Crowds, Death Note, Sword Art Online, Soul Eater, Avatar the last air bender, Elfen Lied, Spirited Away, Berserk, Howls Moving Castle... I know theres more but I can't remember all the names right now..Ive watched a lot of other animes but like Attack on titan but I just couldn't get into it.

My boyfriends been trying to get me the watch case closed with him and at first I was really into it but then I kinda lost interest idk why.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:37 AM
Knower
I find all the new animes suck, I can't get into Attack on Titan either or anything released in the past five years pretty much.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:52 PM
Guide

@ipp .. I loved VK manga (cool ending too) but the anime not so much
Loveless yes!!! So many unanswered questions and clearly still so much to say ...guess when the anime doesn't cut it you can always read rhe manga haha
Fruits basket loved it I even own some art books great story
Elfen Lied was so twisted, don't think I would watch it again but it was ... Interesting
Death note pretty awesome too
Old 03-04-2016, 06:09 AM
Newbie ;)

I just realized I have seen Monster. I looked it up on animeland.me and as I began to watch it i realized I watched episodes of it on tv. Im still going to rewatch it because there were a lot of episodes I missed. Kind of exciting.

Mused for fruits basket I own the whole season on dvd. Yeah I agree Elfen Lied was kind of a one time watch and I felt kind of confused by it all. Death Note was really good little upsetting that L died and how it ending had my jaw dropping because I wasn't expecting it. Btw I love korean manhwa like (Hwang Mi Ri)Hot blooded woman

Hey have you to watched Hellsing,Fushigi Yuggi,Requiem from the Darkness, and Aquarion I definitely recommend them.
Mushishi is another anime I watched I wouldn't really recommend it because its something I wouldn't watch again but I think it was good enough to peak my interest and I enjoyed it.

SoulsInMotion I get what you mean anime has completely changed from where it was. Even the art is different but thats what happens when times change and now were in the age of 2016 where selfies and with selfie sticks are important along with filters and Facebook and all the new trending fads. This is what influences new artist, they have to appeal to the age frame there aiming for. Plus I'm not going to lie I'm a sucker for an anime that has a certain look, like the drawings are to my taste and it doesn't hurt dabbing a little in some of the new anime out there, some of them can actually be really good depending on what your into.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:32 AM
Suspended

Copying my reply in the other anime thread...

"I've been a fan of anime for probably 20+ years. I love all of Miyazaki's movies, Spice and Wolf, Wolf Children, Wolf's Rain, Rurouni Kenshin, Cowboy Bebop, FMA:Brotherhood, Fruits Basket, Ouran High School Host Club, Inuyasha, etc. I also enjoy a lot of older anime like the Fantastic Adventures of Unico, Kimba the White Lion, and the movies that use to air on the Sci-Fi Saturday Anime block in the 90s. Lots of good/interesting stuff.

I enjoy the more lighthearted, romantic, and comedy genres, with lots of action and adventure themes mixed in. I'm not a huge fan of overly gory anime but I have seen some of the darker themed anime like Elfen Lied."

In my original post I forgot to mention I also enjoyed watching Trigun...basically whatever anime aired on TV I would watch it considering the internet didn't exist back then, and when it did it took forever to download 5 min worth of video on dial up

I also love Chi's Sweet Home/New Address....such an adorable little kitty!

I also have a few manga series, mainly: Inuyasha, Rurouni Kenshin, Fruits Basket, FMA, Rave Master, Wolf's Rain, Death Note, Hmm there are probably a couple more I can't think of at the moment (I'm too lazy to look at my collection )

I gravitate more towards anime than I do manga as I enjoy watching animation...
Old 03-04-2016, 06:44 AM
Master
Did anyone mention Howl's Moving Castle? :) [Edit: oh I just saw someone did, lol]

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬