Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 30-07-2011, 10:48 PM
andrewwwbuchan

Mandrake or Mandragora

is it true that mandrakes scream when uprooted?
i was thinking what if Mandrakes do scream but we cant hear it or normal humans cant
if the supernatural did exist i would be looking to cover it up as much as they can to hide it for the normal people

so what if only people with Magical Abilities or Magical Heritage can hear the scream?

What do you think?
Old 30-07-2011, 11:38 PM
mattie

Feeling Plant's Energy

It is very likely that plants have energies that could be perceived if we were attuned to their frequency. There have been scientific studkes that give this some credence.

Don’t look at these abilities to perceive this as magical though. They are innate in everyone, but usually dormant.

We tend to be human-centric, being dismissive of the sentience & life force of living objects that don't have eyes!
Old 02-08-2011, 04:00 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewwwbuchan
is it true that mandrakes scream when uprooted?
i was thinking what if Mandrakes do scream but we cant hear it or normal humans cant
if the supernatural did exist i would be looking to cover it up as much as they can to hide it for the normal people

so what if only people with Magical Abilities or Magical Heritage can hear the scream?

What do you think?
I think the whole mandrake thing is just folklore that evolved from the shape mandrake roots can take. Being rather humany looking at times.

Maybe there's something to it - maybe not. Grow some mandrake and find it out yourself, they're badass plants :}
Old 04-08-2011, 01:31 AM
Trieah

I've read in some books, how witches used to dig up the root and carve more humanly features onto it, then buried it again to keep growing. Then when it came time to making a potion or a spell for someone that called for mandrake, the witch would pull up the carved root in front of the person wanting the spell, to serve as proof of their magical abilities.