Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 14-06-2016, 06:47 AM
Master
Outcomes

A lot of people are outcome oriented but do not realize that an outcome is not really a goal but rather it is just another step towards another goal, which becomes another step towards another goal, etc. infinitum.

There are no stagnant fixed conditions. People have won a big lottery jackpot an ended up in bankruptcy court, or found what they considered the perfect mate and ended up in a hurtful breakup, etc. What you got, or want, is less important than effectively managing what you got or want.

I have found that most of what I desired in this life I already had, or if I wanted something which I did not have there was something which I already had which could move me towards that something I wanted.

There is an old saying that wanting is better than having, because wanting moves us while having can leave us complacent. Amazing how people can be so excited about getting something an then when they get it their excitement level drops.

A Zen Buddhist saying says “own no possessions that none may own you.” What we own requires our time an attention, and maybe even our resources. We have to take care of, or pay someone else to take care of, what we own. It does seem like a lot of people are continuously trying to mold and shape their reality, or at least their concept of reality.

Of course most have heard the saying “be careful what you ask for because you just may get it.” I am talking about outcomes, they are usually different from what we imagined when we pursued what we thought they would be. Goals automatically create more goals. No I am not saying that we should not have goals or be goal oriented. It is only natural to want a better situation, a better lifestyle.

I have accomplished many goals in my life, and manifested most of my dreams, and they, the goals and dreams, manifested or not, were my teachers; I learned a great deal from my pursuits and they told me a lot about myself. But hey, I’m just sharing my journey here.
Old 14-06-2016, 07:13 AM
Master
Valid points...

Hi Starman...

You've made some very valid points there, life features that we should all be aware of...

There are too many for me to consider reference wise, but collectively, there is a whole range of objectives that we could all pay attention to, in a manner that will be advantageous to us in one way or another...

Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to explain your theories and reasoning(s)...

Robbie....

Never search for answers. Wait patiently until they are placed before you, which will be when you can unconditionally accept: and live those answers...