Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 06-05-2014, 01:33 AM
Raven Poet

If we are a part of divinity, which many spiritual philosophies say we are, then we are part of the Creator - and thus, would have the "power" (if that's an approp term) to create our "soul plans", as Belle and others call it... including, although it can be hard to understand, an exit strategy of suicide.

In our death-phobic society, we see the act of ending one's life with many biases, both from some religious perspectives and places of one's own hurt.

Yes, it hurts to lose a loved one - or anyone - to suicide. But it does not make sense to me to have souls face negative judgement from a loving benevolent Creator who shares his/her/its creative power with us as spiritual "branches" of the same "Tree".

An Elder I respect for his kindness and suspension of judgement says, like Native Spirit, there is a place where the soul goes to heal from the trauma of suicide. (Souls who have also had their life on this earth end from traumatic violence also go to this healing place). He says they are cocooned there to be healed/cleansed of the trauma before they go on to wherever they are meant to go next (either the Spirit World or to the next incarnation of physical life.) He has also communicated with spirits through Shake Tent ceremonies, and I trust his teachings.

To all of you who have been hurt by the loss of a loved one, you have my sympathy - I suffer with you from your pain. I don't know if there is anyone whose life has not been touched by the sadness of suicide. Much love and healing to you as well.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:38 AM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarek
My best friend of 23 years was driven to suicide, mostly because of reasons related to his work environment.
An astral traveller contacted him and helped ensure his safe passage. There, I assume, he will find healing.

In turn, his passing away has also been a catalyst to my own growth, teaching me lessons which I had to learn. As he taught me so much in life, so now that he is gone, he is still never far away from me.
Hi, sarek. I am so sorry for the loss of your best friend. I am glad you have found out he has made it to other side. And you have reframed your sad loss into a powerful life teaching - wow. That gives his death some meaning, in my mind; his death showed you were you need to grow in order to live. And you are still connected to him through the spirit. Thank you for sharing this.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:19 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative
I think I may have been mis-understood. I'm not judging people that are harrassed/bullied etc. Nor am I saying anything unkind about Karma.

However, I am giving you the straight goods. I was also bullied & harrassed from high school onward into several workplaces. It took me a long time to understand what was going on & why & I'm still learning about it.

If I had taken my own life, I wouldn't have learned all these lessons. Believe me, I came close many times. I'm now glad I made the choices I made. I now have a lot of tools/knowledge that I wouldnt have got if I quit.

Suicide is not planned into in anyones soul plan, I'm sorry to say. It sets you back spiritually & breaks your life contract. There is ALWAYS other ways (than suicide) out from any situation that's painful. Suicide is an act of harm to oneself, which comes from anger/hate - which is not love. Our spirits only grow thru love.
If we truly love ourselves, we'll learn to stand up for ourselves in whatever situation, or lovingly accept it. Remember, we choose our life situation and soul group ahead of time. The tougher the situation, the more we learn and grow. If we bow out early, we miss the lessons and set ourselves back. We still get loved by the universe though.

I'm sorry if this isn't what some folks want to hear, but it is what it is.

Creative - it's not what it is - it's what you believe it is. And you are entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to disagree.

I will, however, concede to a degree. There are some who are driven to suicide and that was in their plan and others - well the lessons were just too intense and so they choose the suicide route unplanned.

In the case of the latter, it's not a case necessarily of failure. Some lessons will have been learnt and understood but the one(s) that drove them too far in despair, I believe in loving and compassionate spirits who will look at themselves as well and ask "did we draw up a plan that was too much". And yes, the lesson will be repeated but perhaps in a kinder and gentler way so the person can manage it.

I've bolded your statement about loving yourself. There are millions of us walking the planet - myself included - who are utterly unable to love ourselves as we are taught that we are unloveable from day #1. not only unlovable but unlikeable. Society has gotten very fragmented as such.

I am in my second round of confrontation with a death wish. I'm not going to engage with it but the first thing I think of every morning is how I really want to die. It's irrelevant where it comes from but I could track it if I wished. It's no picnic, but it is what it is and I'm sure I would have succumbed had it not been for a wonderful people around me who just nudge me along.

But it's very conceivable that this is part of my soul purpose, not just for me but also for my bullies who would have my blood on their hand and would have to reconcile what they did - as although I've not been driven that far - a part of me has died over and over again - and while I live on I am an empty shell.

I hope you are never confronted with such a way of life either for you or your loved ones.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:51 PM
Master

Belle, you have said it so well. Creative wants to judge everyone according to his beliefs. I just didn't want to engage further with someone who has a closed mind. Here's a for you.

I won't say I have a death wish at the moment but I am a very tired person and live my life one day at a time. But sometimes when the tiredness becomes overwhelming I yearn for home. Having commit suicide in my last life, I am determined to see this one through.

And yes, Creative for me there have been many lessons learned by not taking my own life but I do not judge those who see no other way out. I've been there, done that.

If a person decides to commit suicide I am sure on a spiritual level they know they will have to replay the second act but may decide to be kinder the next time around and divide the lesson into multiple incarnations or hit it from a different angle.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:08 AM
yumi14

Belle....I just wanted to send you a hug...I really empathize with you I feel for anyone who has felt this way before.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:31 AM
Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Belle, you have said it so well. Creative wants to judge everyone according to his beliefs. I just didn't want to engage further with someone who has a closed mind. Here's a for you.

I won't say I have a death wish at the moment but I am a very tired person and live my life one day at a time. But sometimes when the tiredness becomes overwhelming I yearn for home. Having commit suicide in my last life, I am determined to see this one through.

And yes, Creative for me there have been many lessons learned by not taking my own life but I do not judge those who see no other way out. I've been there, done that.

If a person decides to commit suicide I am sure on a spiritual level they know they will have to replay the second act but may decide to be kinder the next time around and divide the lesson into multiple incarnations or hit it from a different angle.

Linen,
Umm, sorry but I am absolutely not judging anyone here, or elsewhere. Sorry if you decided to interpret my posts that way.
A simple question was asked, I gave a simple answer, that's it, no judgement or close mindedness. You don't have to like the answer, but it is a valid answer.
I'm Sorry if you decided to turn it into something else.

Belle- I'm sorry that you have bought the belief that you are unable to love yourself. Perhaps that may be part of your life lesson; to learn how to love yourself.........?
Old 07-05-2014, 02:31 AM
Master

Creative....
Old 07-05-2014, 05:59 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumi14
Belle....I just wanted to send you a hug...I really empathize with you I feel for anyone who has felt this way before.

Thank you - it's overly common I'm well aware but the constant thoughts of how to get out of this world - well I'm sorry you have this path as well.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative
Linen,
Umm, sorry but I am absolutely not judging anyone here, or elsewhere. Sorry if you decided to interpret my posts that way.
A simple question was asked, I gave a simple answer, that's it, no judgement or close mindedness. You don't have to like the answer, but it is a valid answer.
I'm Sorry if you decided to turn it into something else.

Belle- I'm sorry that you have bought the belief that you are unable to love yourself. Perhaps that may be part of your life lesson; to learn how to love yourself.........?

Thanks Creative and I'm sorry the wrong end of the stick was perceived in your posts - I guess it's a sensitive subject but there is a book I would love you to read which explains it better than me - I can't remember the title or author which is no use. But, sometimes, the act of suicide is not about the person moving on but about the lessons left for others around. So, they have done their stuff as it were, but by doing such a violent thing leaves a huge learning for so many. There are so many things that are in our soul learning which would make us go "huh"? And I think many of us would look at our plans and go "really, I chose *that*!!!!"

Part of my life lesson is to love myself, you are right. But there will be an impact on my family and who knows what their life lesson is regarding me, as I doubt they have much love for themselves given the way they behave. Which if I were to be driven to suicide by them, well it would be my choice, but the ramifications for them would be cataclysmic and they would have a lot to deal with. Well, I say that, I hope they would care but i'm not clear they would.

But that's by the by.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:22 PM
yumi14

Belle,
I know how it feels to not feel unconditionally loved by your own family. It hurts really bad. I've felt like that since I was a small child.

I hope you find your strength and go out and create a happy life for yourself. I hope you find a way to release yourself from those around you who make you feel so small and just blossom and thrive and show them that their weights no longer tie you down. I really want you to find your way.

Hugs